Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dud attractions (those that fail to serve a purpose)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dud attractions (those that fail to serve a purpose)

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
    You know if they brought back the "Radok Blocks" in the preshow and reverted it back to the original without Bill and Ellen I think it would be a much better attraction. I have nothing against Bill and Ellen I just feel that the whole attraction was "dumbed down" to the point where its slightly offensive.

For those who don't remember/know what I'm talking about you can read more here: http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/...ul-motion.html
    I remember the radok pre-show and I thought it was amazing. I still think it would impress people now just because of the whole kinetic aspect of it. I do think that the new show is way dumbed down and is in desperate need of an overhaul. Especially with all the new energy sources that are gaining more attention due to environmental concerns.

One attraction that I really think needs to go is Honey I Shrunk The Audience. I don't know if it's pointless, but it's definitely overstayed it's welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Esdeebee View Post
      >>I like the Aladdin Carpets the same way I like Dumbo and to a fuller extent Astro Orbiter (the up high version, thank you). And I'm sure all who go on the carpets enjoy the ride also. But it is as you said, uneccessary.<<

I agree, as rides go at the MK, the Carpets are sort of lame. That said, my 5 year old absolutely loved them and couldn't get enough of them. I probably went on them 5 times, more than any other ride (unfortunately) because it was his favorite, and he didn't like the thrill rides or even POTC too much. Had to do something he liked.

And every time we went by Dumbo, the lines were LOOONG! This at a time when most of the other rides were relatively short or close to "walk on". By contrast, the lines at the Carpets were less than 5 minutes, and a few times it was just a walk on. Maybe if they put it somewhere else it draws more riders, too, and that might be a good thing because there would be no way I'd wait in Dumbo-length lines for this ride more than once...;-)

Scott

Says a lot about Dumbo doesn't it? That attraction has become so iconic with marketing the Disney theme parks that for a child or child at heart, it isn't the same without Dumbo the flying elephant.

Nobody goes to disneyland (sorry, it's easier to say than magic kingdom or walt disney world) to ride the magic carpets.

Hmmm.. should magic kingdom have two sets of dumbos and axe the carpets? Does Dumbo only carry 2 per elephant? Maybe have another one that carries 4 per elephant so people can decide which one they want to ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Well, the Carpets also have double the capacity of Dumbo because each carpet can sit 4 instead of Dumbo's 2. So that certainly makes a difference.

Plus, there is just something about riding Dumbo.

Comment

What? Most of You forgot the biggest dud of all! The Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! It serves no purpose and is in the completely wrong land, not to mention the completely wrong park! They could have saved it for MGM and kept Timekeeper (One of my favorite things at WDW)

Comment

Narnia was cool two years ago before the film was released as the Narnia: Movie Preview. I honestly didn't think it was supposed to last longer than a few months but I guess they kept it open for those die-hard trilogy fans?

And I have yet to step foot into Ellen's Energy Adventure and I intend to keep it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
              What? Most of You forgot the biggest dud of all! The Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor! It serves no purpose and is in the completely wrong land, not to mention the completely wrong park! They could have saved it for MGM and kept Timekeeper (One of my favorite things at WDW)
              Why should they have kept Timekeeper? Even on MILF's worst days it still brings in at least 10 times TK's wait (the only ride I can think of that probably had a worse attendance than TK is JIIWF.
              Walt Disney

Comment

I'm sure I'll catch grief for this but Jungle Cruise and Carousel of Progress should have been updated/redone years ago.
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  I'm sure I'll catch grief for this but Jungle Cruise and Carousel of Progress should have been updated/redone years ago.
                  Didn't they update CoP recently?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    Didn't they update CoP recently?
                    The last show update was 1994 (which marked the return of Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow). The theaters itself (I believe) have been refurbished fairly recently).

The updates were....
                    1964: Introduction into Worlds Fair
                    1967: Move to Disneyland (new Mother voice, Christmas 1960s updated, slight changes with Father and GE)
                    1975: Move to Magic Kingdom (opposite rotation, removal of postshow, The Best Time of Your Life, new cast, finale scene upped a decade)
                    1981: Finale updated another decade to 1980s
                    1985: Departure of GE. GE signs covered with CoP/blueprint logo
                    1994: Rethemed for New Tomorrowland (Gears/Cogs, updated family & voices, return of GBBT song, update of final scene to Christmas 2000, new intro narration, etc)
                    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 11-09-2007, 09:33 AM.
                    Walt Disney

Comment

I don't know, I already feel the leap in time from the 40's to 2000 is pretty big.

I'd like to see turn of the century one taken out, one added with the 80's (computers, etc) and then the current one.

Comment

Stich, I am still wondering how come there are so many people in line for it. And why is there a hight requirment when the ride dosnet move. I mean I got more thrills on the pooh ride. And its 40inch too. Keep in mind the matterhon in disneyland only has a 37 inch requiremnt. My brain is gonna explode with fustration. :0p

Comment

Originally posted by misterp102778 View Post
                          And why is there a hight requirment when the ride dosnet move. I mean I got more thrills on the pooh ride. And its 40inch too. Keep in mind the matterhon in disneyland only has a 37 inch requiremnt. My brain is gonna explode with fustration. :0p
                          Well I believe (but could be wrong) that it is at least 37 inches because of the over-the-shoulder thing. The other 3 inches were tacked on early on as some smaller children were being scared.
                          Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X