This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really geeky car park question

ok, need some really geeky information for a novel. What car park takes the longest by the tram to get from it to the main gate (MK) and how long does the tram take (roughly)?
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Re: Really geeky car park question

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
    ok, need some really geeky information for a novel. What car park takes the longest by the tram to get from it to the main gate (MK) and how long does the tram take (roughly)?
    I am confused! Which section of the parking lot to the MK main gate?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

[Image not working...]
      This is it. I don't recall the name though.
      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
        I am confused! Which section of the parking lot to the MK main gate?
        Yes, if you turned up late on a really busy day, what is the last car park they use (presumably the furthest away)
        www.facebook.com/FuseMP
        www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Is a car park a place where cars get together to run around and play?

Comment

Yes, if you turned up late on a really busy day, what is the last car park they use (presumably the furthest away)
            That I'm not sure of, I don't know if it's always the same. Probably out by the driving course, but I haven't parked out there in so long - I'm not familiar with the character names there.

I'm sure someone else will know, though length of time can depend on a number of things as well (how long the tram sits, how many stops it's making on the way, etc.).
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I just need an educated guess really, I've got a family turning up late and i have the mother saying "great, we've ended up parking in ???"
              www.facebook.com/FuseMP
              www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

This is just a guess ... but Pluto?

Comment

I found this ... I don't think it's current cause it costs a bit more than 50 cents to park nowadays.

waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/5312c200.jpg
                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.

Comment

Ah, so it is Bashful. I have never seen that lot used other than for tram storage.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I just need an educated guess really, I've got a family turning up late and i have the mother saying "great, we've ended up parking in ???"
                      I've noticed that they vary the parking orders based upon time of day and projected park attendance.

An example of this would be for the holiday parties, they often open up the dwarf parking sections as use those as the core lots to return guests to.

I wouldn't say that any place is further back than others, except for Minnie and Sleepy (especially since the tram doesn't stop there.) Those two I would say are within walking distance of the TTC just fine. But I'm not a MK parking lot expert. (I usually walk over the tram.)

Comment

Well
                        I alway stay at a WDW resort.

when you park the car then you get on the parking tram.
                        you will get off the tram.
                        them get on the monorail or a boat to MK.
                        May take up to half hour?

Fast for me is take the WDW resort but to MK and it is short walk to the main gates.
                        if yo are stay at one of the MK Disney rersort then take the Resort monorail to MK.

Toy Story Mania construction:
                        Older photo
                        New Photo

Member of
                        MiceChat WDW Trip
                        Next trip
                        2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I am pretty sure the answer is Dopey. It is just past the handicapped and AAA Diamond parking so the walk is not too bad, but the trams head out on the other side and start with Minnie. So they have to go all the way down the right side of the parking lot, come across and then back down. Dopey is then the last stop.

I know this because I parked in Dopey for MNSSHP last week. As I was heading back to my car after the party I decided to walk since it was so close, and I did see that the trams headed out to Minnie first. So, if I had taken the tram, I would have received the Grand Circle Tour, and my stop would have been last.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                            I know this because I parked in Dopey for MNSSHP last week. As I was heading back to my car after the party I decided to walk since it was so close, and I did see that the trams headed out to Minnie first. So, if I had taken the tram, I would have received the Grand Circle Tour, and my stop would have been last.
                            Yet when I went to MNNSHP they went to the dwarfs first, classic characters last.

I think this goes back to park attendance and the time of day. If most of the guests come in just for the Halloween party and are parked in that specific area, chances are great that they'll go that way first and the others second. BUT - I have gone the opposite way as well. So I don't feel there is any set route and instead, it depends.

Comment

I don't think there is a set route either. And none of the areas are too far to walk, IMHO - and probably not more than 2 minutes via tram if the tram isn't stopping.
                              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

ok, im going to go with Dopey, purely because its a more well known name than Bashfull

thanks for all the help

Im writing a novel as part of NaNoWriMo where you have to write a 50,000 novel between Nov 1 and 30th; Im doing Q (from Star Trek Next Gen) visits Disney World. 6,000 words done so far.
                                www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                                www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Well if its REALLY busy you would have to park in Epcot or one of the other parks and take the Tram then BUS/Monorail to get to the MK... If you looking for a plot line for being really late...
                                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

ok, im going to go with Dopey, purely because its a more well known name than Bashfull

thanks for all the help

Im writing a novel as part of NaNoWriMo where you have to write a 50,000 novel between Nov 1 and 30th; Im doing Q (from Star Trek Next Gen) visits Disney World. 6,000 words done so far.
                                    Sounds like a fun idea for a novel!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                      Is a car park a place where cars get together to run around and play?
                                      LOL! car park is Britspeak for parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                                        Sounds like a fun idea for a novel!
                                        LOL, it sounds fun, but when you actually consider what would happen if Q were to decide the park needs to be more real; it's actually takes a rather morbid turn. There's a lot of hidden horror and chaos in the parks if it were real.
                                        www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                                        www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X