Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Hall of Presidents should include Trump, BUT not have him speak.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we drop the whole political arguing and get back to Disney? We are all friends here, no matter the political affiliation!
    Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

• Originally posted by Muerte Mouse View Post
      Can we drop the whole political arguing and get back to Disney? We are all friends here, no matter the political affiliation!

This is a very hard topic to discuss without it getting political..

Comment

• Originally posted by Muerte Mouse View Post
        Can we drop the whole political arguing and get back to Disney? We are all friends here, no matter the political affiliation!
        if people want to take political things, (that have some relation to Disney), that Is appropriate for micechat, in at least one or two chat groups. there are still going to always be 20 other chat groups, on micechat, without any political content.

one of the moderators, agreed the other day, that political discussions related to Disney is appropriate. at least on one or two active chats.

If bob iger, made a political point you disagree with, even you would probably want a chat group on it. And, there are persisting rumors, that he may run for president. so. that may happen.

one can still be friends, and disagree politically. before, one political party and two 24 hr news channels, started making allegations (alleged to be facts) up out of the magical air, it was very very common.

Last edited by disney rob; 07-14-2017, 02:54 PM. Reason: add on

Comment

• Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
          I mean if they can get him on a normal script then fine, but I do what to hear what he origanlly was argueing to say on the show.

I'm sure what ever it was is funny to 70% of use and "patriotic" to the everyone else
          pres trump, might have wanted to include a statement about America being an exceptional country. just like every other country, in the world will often mention about themself.

OMG. that would be truthfully offensive, to no one anywhere close to the political mainstream

Comment

• If it makes you guys happy, but politics are one of those views that some people won't change no matter how much debate two people have. I'll never understand it! But at least have some fun with it and respect each other's views! Be open minded!
            Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

• Rats:
              http://ew.com/news/2017/06/28/donald...of-presidents/

Comment

• Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                They should have him speak. Disney shouldn't play politics here.

i just won't go see the show.
                Agreed. When there is a president you don't agree with or don't want to hear, don't visit Hall of Presidents. Magic Kingdom has some 40 other attractions to enjoy. Presidents are not forever.

Comment

• So, not to say that he will but, what will happen if he gets impeached?

I honestly feel that Disney should have taken this time to re-vamp the spirit of the attraction. Focus on the history rather than the current issues. A political fight is no place for a theme park.
                  I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Meville View Post
                    So, not to say that he will but, what will happen if he gets impeached?
                    The more likely scenario is that Trump will resign. When HoP reopens, Trump will be there, but sitting and silent. Pence is the one who will be speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meville View Post
                      I honestly feel that Disney should have taken this time to re-vamp the spirit of the attraction. Focus on the history rather than the current issues. A political fight is no place for a theme park.
                      Exactly. This nation is divided over Trump, with outrage on both sides. His un-presidential presence in the Hall of Presidents will turn a historical attraction into a target for political divisiveness. It will please no one, and generate publicity that profits Disney not at all.

Their only out is to close the attraction for an "extended maintenance upgrade," wait for the political storm to pass, then decide how to proceed with the attraction.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

• I think he should be silent just like he was over the the charlotsville incident this past week.

Comment

• If they do add him to the Hall of Presidents, they should probably include a comprehensive warning sign in front of the attraction warning guests that Nazi saluting the tweeter-in-chief animatronic is not allowed.

Comment

• I know you guys dont want politics here but its hard to seperate at this point, its not a matter of politics but instead of human decency. Trump just supported and normalized white supremacists, dont deny it. If Disney were to do this, i guarantee you they would face many unhappy people witnessing park guests using the nazi salute to Trump. Say what you will, you know this to be true.

Comment

• I'm more than happy with the current tradition ending and having simply the Founding Fathers etc. speak while everyone else nods in approval; I don't see the political climate getting any better in the next 4 years, and surely that'll be the least controversial way to keep the attraction (though to be honest, I'd rather remove HoP altogether if it means having a Disney's America-lite in that area of the park).

Comment

• This alone probably won't determine Audioanimatronic Trump's fate as a Walt Disney World attractions speaker,
                                but Disney CEO Bob Iger again publicly attacked Donald Trump:

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/bob-iger-daca-trump-disney-1202547935/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X