Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Hall of Presidents should include Trump, BUT not have him speak.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney had to rename Dixie Landings for political reasons. I see the HOP now in the same circumstance. The HOP is going to be very politically charged and make many people very upset on both sides of the issue. Right now I would not feel safe visiting the attraction with Trump in (or obviously out). I hope Disney just closes the attraction and puts something without politics in, in it's place. Maybe something historical about our nation's founding without the current politically charged elements.
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• I am just hoping the attraction opens soon. I really dislike the current POTUS but I do want to show my wife the attraction LOL.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

Comment

• You know, as skilled as the Imagineers are, the Animatronics of the later Presidents are really hit and miss. Especially since they started talking. The President Obama AA is just way off the mark. It's kind of creepy.
        Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
          Disney had to rename Dixie Landings for political reasons. I see the HOP now in the same circumstance. The HOP is going to be very politically charged and make many people very upset on both sides of the issue. Right now I would not feel safe visiting the attraction with Trump in (or obviously out). I hope Disney just closes the attraction and puts something without politics in, in it's place. Maybe something historical about our nation's founding without the current politically charged elements.
          Are you serious? Talk about hyperbolic exaggerations. Do you think someone is going to sneak a bomb in there because they disapprove of a robot? Shaking my head in disbelief at the overreactions and silliness in some of this.

Frankly, I don't like Trump. I didn't like Obama either. So what? The attraction itself is still wonderful and I'm mature enough to be able to handle 30 seconds of a generic speech from someone I don't like. Heck, I do that at work all the time, I think I can handle it on vacation.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirwillow View Post

. . . Talk about hyperbolic exaggerations. . .
            Talk about redundancy.

Maybe get Donald Trump to play himself.
            It'd make Liberty Square unwelcoming for many, but I'm not planning to going till 2021 and 45 might get into less trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
              You know, as skilled as the Imagineers are, the Animatronics of the later Presidents are really hit and miss. Especially since they started talking. The President Obama AA is just way off the mark. It's kind of creepy.
              When I was a kid visiting every summer it was open in the 1970s
              I thought Disney was just a couple of years away from getting AA lips to move perfectly,
              but that has yet to be achieved.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirwillow View Post

Are you serious? Talk about hyperbolic exaggerations. Do you think someone is going to sneak a bomb in there because they disapprove of a robot? Shaking my head in disbelief at the overreactions and silliness in some of this.

Frankly, I don't like Trump. I didn't like Obama either. So what? The attraction itself is still wonderful and I'm mature enough to be able to handle 30 seconds of a generic speech from someone I don't like. Heck, I do that at work all the time, I think I can handle it on vacation.
                Honestly, I'm not worried about people bringing bombs in. What would be more likely would simply being the booing and heckling from people who don't have your maturity to keep their opinions to themselves. While most people can surely sit quietly and not make a stink when watching an animatronic of a politician they don't like, there will be those few who will DEMAND that everyone in the theater know how they feel about a political subject.In a realistic worst case scenario, this can lead to a shouting match between guests, or perhaps even physical confrontation. Even without bombs involved, I don't want my children (or myself for that matter) exposed to such behavior.To be honest, I was worried about hearing jeers and negative comments long before the current administration, simply because I know the strong emotions people have on the subject on both sides of the aisle.

I'm of the thought of only having Washington and Lincoln speak.(or maybe Polk. We never hear anything about Polk. ) It's just playing with fire too much to have a modern president speak. Leave controversy in Reality Land. We don't need it in Disney.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

Honestly, I'm not worried about people bringing bombs in. What would be more likely would simply being the booing and heckling from people who don't have your maturity to keep their opinions to themselves. While most people can surely sit quietly and not make a stink when watching an animatronic of a politician they don't like, there will be those few who will DEMAND that everyone in the theater know how they feel about a political subject.In a realistic worst case scenario, this can lead to a shouting match between guests, or perhaps even physical confrontation. Even without bombs involved, I don't want my children (or myself for that matter) exposed to such behavior.To be honest, I was worried about hearing jeers and negative comments long before the current administration, simply because I know the strong emotions people have on the subject on both sides of the aisle.

I'm of the thought of only having Washington and Lincoln speak.(or maybe Polk. We never hear anything about Polk. ) It's just playing with fire too much to have a modern president speak. Leave controversy in Reality Land. We don't need it in Disney.
                  This is exactly what my concerns are as well. It is not bombs, just people and their varying opinions that can cause problems.

CU@DL
                  -
                  What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

• It's been exactly 4 weeks since the last post on this thread,
                    and Donald Trump has served as our President for about 9 months.
                    Just curious, how long did it take Disney to get AA versions of W. Bush & Obama speaking in the Hall of Presidents after they were sworn in?

Comment

• To answer part of my own question above, the Wikipedia Hall of Presidents entry seems to indicate that Obama
                      might have been speaking on July 1 or 2 of 2009--less than 6 months after he was sworn in.

Comment

• It should be obvious to everyone at this point that the delays are now just politically intentional and I wouldn't be surprised if Iger had a say in it or if the attraction remains close for whatever amount of time Trump will remain in office.

I never really cared for the attraction before this, so no big deal to me. I honestly find the Trump Derangement Syndrome infecting half the country (and all the entertainment industry) to be far more annoying than Trump himself.

Comment

• Fact of the matter is, regardless of what people or myself think of the guy he is still technically the 45th president of the United States of America. Include him or scratch the attraction altogether.

There's so much hate on both sides. Everyone needs to focus on bettering themselves and helping others.
                          KA CHOW

Comment

• Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
                            Fact of the matter is, regardless of what people or myself think of the guy he is still technically the 45th president of the United States of America. Include him or scratch the attraction altogether. . .
                            That reminds me of Kent Brockman's editorial on "The Simpsons." "So what's the answer, ban all music? Unfortunately the answer is YES."

Of course, let Trump in, but like then current presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, & George H.W. Bush, don't have him speak.

Or as a compromise, have a committee of Keith Olbermann, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Ken Burns, and Trevor Noah compile his speech from things he's said at his rallies.
                            What could go wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                              To answer part of my own question above, the Wikipedia Hall of Presidents entry seems to indicate that Obama
                              might have been speaking on July 1 or 2 of 2009--less than 6 months after he was sworn in.
                              I remember that Obama started speaking around Spring of 2009 - which would be no more than 4 months after his presidency. I remember because I was on exchange that semester and I remember vividly reading a newspaper article at that time about how off his AA was.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
                                That reminds me of Kent Brockman's editorial on "The Simpsons." "So what's the answer, ban all music? Unfortunately the answer is YES."

Of course, let Trump in, but like then current presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, & George H.W. Bush, don't have him speak.

Or as a compromise, have a committee of Keith Olbermann, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee, Ken Burns, and Trevor Noah compile his speech from things he's said at his rallies.
                                What could go wrong?
                                lol add Soros and Takei, and Buzzfeed to add some hidden narrative somewhere in there. And Hillary Clinton too. It's only fair to add everyone who hates Trump if they're going to add Trump just like you said XD
                                KA CHOW

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X