Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Hall of Presidents should include Trump, BUT not have him speak.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To have Disney not put in a Trump AA or to just put him in the background as a silent figurine would be in poor taste on Disney's part. It would show a political bias which is not Disney's style. Some would then say to put in a speaking Trump AA would show a political bias as well but if that is your view on it then I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you. Not everybody was ecstatic on the addition of our last president but even if you didn't like him as a politician you would still respect the fact that he was our president and to have him removed or anything in like manner from the attraction would have been wrong. Same thing here. It's okay not to agree and dislike things about Trump but to oust him out of an attraction like this just because he doesn't fit your political views is wrong as well.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cablubber View Post
      To have Disney not put in a Trump AA or to just put him in the background as a silent figurine would be in poor taste on Disney's part. It would show a political bias which is not Disney's style. Some would then say to put in a speaking Trump AA would show a political bias as well but if that is your view on it then I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you. Not everybody was ecstatic on the addition of our last president but even if you didn't like him as a politician you would still respect the fact that he was our president and to have him removed or anything in like manner from the attraction would have been wrong. Same thing here. It's okay not to agree and dislike things about Trump but to oust him out of an attraction like this just because he doesn't fit your political views is wrong as well.
      It's not just about individual feelings about politics: It's about how the man is perceived by the whole world.
      And for those people trying to draw up an equivalency by saying "Well I didn't like Obama!", I have a question: What is something about President Obama that you didn't like, and that you also think a significant number of theme park guest would find offensive? What? Maybe you didn't like his policies but the man himself was articulate, classy, and didn't he leave office with one of the highest approval ratings in years? What do you think people wouldn't like, and why didn't it come up over the eight(8) years that the figure was there? (as well as being in various Madame Tussaud's).
      Do I need to give examples of why Donald Trump could be perceived as offensive to a lot of people visiting the parks? Anyway, the way things are going, we'll be lucky if it's not a figure of Vladimir Putin before 2020.
      I say just hold off on upgrading the attraction because I really don't see how this guy is going to last 4 years. Make sure he's going to actually finish his term before you go to the trouble of making the figure talk, only to have to replace it with Pence or whoever.

      Comment


      • There's a difference between a president I didn't agree with on point A thru point K (But was relatively decent) .... And someone who, in just 1 month in office, has been a destructive bull through a china shop.

        I'll give him till end of summer ... with any number of things that will do himself in - And we'll have Pence .... And he'll be the next AA in Hall of Presidents. (Not that Pence is any better.)
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

        Comment


        • Whether you like Trump or not, he should be given the same treatment as prior sitting Presidents receive in regards to the Hall of Presidents.

          Comment


          • Good point. Then you add in the Robert Iger factor in. That committee he was suppose to be in - he's reticent to have anything to do with it. He's trying to do a ''dance'' - with criticism of being a part of it. But he's said enough to show he'd rather distance himself from it. And being CEO .. he's got the final decision on what happens with Hall of Presidents ... so we'll see what happens next.

            Bottom line ... as Wiggins has said .... Whatever the company does ... It will be a decision that minimizes the most amount of criticism from the public. (ie - No video release for Song of the South).
            MY SIGNATURE:
            Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 9oldmen View Post

              It's not just about individual feelings about politics: It's about how the man is perceived by the whole world.
              And for those people trying to draw up an equivalency by saying "Well I didn't like Obama!", I have a question: What is something about President Obama that you didn't like, and that you also think a significant number of theme park guest would find offensive? What? Maybe you didn't like his policies but the man himself was articulate, classy, and didn't he leave office with one of the highest approval ratings in years? What do you think people wouldn't like, and why didn't it come up over the eight(8) years that the figure was there? (as well as being in various Madame Tussaud's).
              Do I need to give examples of why Donald Trump could be perceived as offensive to a lot of people visiting the parks? Anyway, the way things are going, we'll be lucky if it's not a figure of Vladimir Putin before 2020.
              I say just hold off on upgrading the attraction because I really don't see how this guy is going to last 4 years. Make sure he's going to actually finish his term before you go to the trouble of making the figure talk, only to have to replace it with Pence or whoever.
              Yeah but he is still the President. This is something we can't get around no matter how much we want. I mean people are arguing how represented he should be on a theme park attraction but he already represents us to the entire world. This is the strange dichotomy that we have.

              I don't disagree with anyone here. Its sad this is the guy who is now running the country. The same guy who threw out a tweet the last President of the United States wire tapped him and then been spending the last week ducking and dodging something he put out because there was never any evidence for it. Its flabbergasting this is the guy who sits in the oval office and have the nuclear codes. But all that said you can't get around the fact he was elected and by millions of people who want to see him respected and treated like all the other Presidents.. It would just look too political if Disney treat him differently than the others before him. Disney is a liberal company at heart, no one can deny that even if it holds on to the family brand which is a more conservative outlook in nature. But as a company they do try to stay apolitical and believe me if Trump is not represented as Obama is, even if he is an idiot, will be seen as political.

              I wonder too if he's going to make it four years though. Its coming up 60 days and its feels like its 6 months ago. This guy and his weird antics are just draining.

              Comment


              • If it were purely up to me, there would be a Trump AA in the Hall ... sitting in his bathrobe at the side of the stage, with a TV tuned to Fox News, tweeting to the audience.

                But yes: he IS the President. He will be included and he will lie, er, I mean, speak.

                Comment


                • This thread just proves to me how out of touch SoCal is with the rest of the country. Just step out of the echo chamber for once and realize that there are people who have liked and disliked EVERY president ever elected. Walt Disney invited both Republicans and Democrats to his park.

                  I do have a lot of respect for those of you who did not vote for him, but still believe he should still speak in the attraction.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by EPICOT View Post
                    This thread just proves to me how out of touch SoCal is with the rest of the country. Just step out of the echo chamber for once and realize that there are people who have liked and disliked EVERY president ever elected. Walt Disney invited both Republicans and Democrats to his park.

                    I do have a lot of respect for those of you who did not vote for him, but still believe he should still speak in the attraction.
                    This stopped being a partisan thing a long time ago. People do not dislike him merely because he is a Republican.

                    Comment


                    • I'm moving more and more toward wanting this odd president to just take his place with all the rest. The world seems so topsy-turvy and unstable right now. But our messy and imperfect democracy marches on. I'd really like to just see him placed with all due respect amongst the other mixed bag of greats, semi-greats, and not-so-greats.

                      Comment


                      • Wait so is he in it?....

                        Comment


                        • Like it or not, he is our President and will have to be included in the attraction. If he speaks though, what has he said that is remotely inspirational? They should wait a bit to see how his Presidency unfolds. If he does something "bigly great", they can focus on that. If he gets impeached and charged with Treason for collusion with Russia, then his AA could be in jail calling all of the other Presidents "Losers!"

                          Comment


                          • Doesn't every great attraction feature a villain anyways...

                            (Yes I'm joking & there are many president there who have done 100x worse than anything Trump has done).

                            Comment


                            • Haven't been on for a while, but woo wee has a lot happened in that time.

                              I think Disney will write him a fluff filled speech for him to deliver that portrays him in a good light. Something that he himself has a hard time doing.

                              I've got very strong opinions on our new Tweeter in Chief, but this is all I'll say on the matter.
                              sigpic

                              What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                              Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by EPICOT View Post
                                This thread just proves to me how out of touch SoCal is with the rest of the country. Just step out of the echo chamber for once and realize that there are people who have liked and disliked EVERY president ever elected. Walt Disney invited both Republicans and Democrats to his park.

                                I do have a lot of respect for those of you who did not vote for him, but still believe he should still speak in the attraction.
                                This is a guy who has a 36% approval rating just two months into office. I get your point but people need to stop thinking this is strictly a Democratic vs Republican issue. Two-third of the country don't like this guy so far. Thats an issue for the country, not just for one party.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X