This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Gathering Fireworks Voyage

Has anyone ever done this? Your thoughts? Was it worth it?

Magical Fireworks Voyage
    Set sail with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee from Disney's Contemporary Resort. When you arrive at the Resort, check the Daily Event Board inside to see where to meet your "mateys" and start your adventure. Chow down on some pirate grub of snacks and beverages before you board the boat. Then, with a pirate as your host, sail on an unforgettable evening voyage around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Test your Disney trivia, sing songs and enjoy a magical performance of the Electrical Water Pageant. - all from the perfect vantage point for the fireworks spectacular set high above Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom

Re: Magical Gathering Fireworks Voyage

I've never done it, but I'm sure it's pretty cool. I want to rent out the yacht some time and do a private party type thing.

Yeah right ... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
      I've never done it, but I'm sure it's pretty cool. I want to rent out the yacht some time and do a private party type thing.

Yeah right ... LOL

The yacht is not that large you can maybe fit 20 people on it but then again it has to be small enough to navigate the shallow waters of the 7 seas lagoon. I cruised on it once for a corporate dinner function and it was nice but felt very claustrophobic. (I wasn't complaining I was just happy to be there)

The Fireworks cruises are done on board the pontoon boats, I have a travel agent friend of ours that has done it and basically said its not worth the money, she recommended Ohana's or California Grill instead since its more comfortable and offers about the same view, its comfortable rain or shine, and they pipe the soundtrack in. You can also relax with food and a real drink vrs a bottle of soda.

You can generally get a similar experience for free by timing the Disney ferry boat right to see most of the attraction on the water that way.
      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

We did it a couple of years ago. It was truly one of the most amazing experiences we have had in our many trips to the MK. When we did it there was a character meet and greet with Hook and his friends before (with fruit and sweet treats) you board the ship. The pirate crew plays trivia (great for the 7 and up kids) and hands out prizes. The view of the lightshow and fireworks is unbeatable, a real special experience. When you come back Peter Pan is waiting for you on the dock and signs autographs and takes pictures.

Our toddler did have a crying fit on the boat, and there was really nowhere to go, but the music was so loud it did not matter.

When we did it you had to have minimum number in your group (all part of the magical gatherings program).

Oh yeah, we also got a nice Magical Gatherings Trading Pin (Magical Fireworks Voyage).

If you can make it part of your trip I highly recommend it!!

Comment

does anyone know if you can do these magical gathering things if you are staying off property??? from what i understand on the disneyworld website you have to be staying at a disney resort??

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

It's something we would like to do but from what i've read you can only book it if you are in a party of 8 or more and there's only 3 of us

Comment

Thanks for all the info. This sounds like something I definitely want to try. Worth it or not I'll at least be able to say I've done it. I am also a sucker for characters and love Cptn Hook and Smee. I'm planning for 2008 x-mas and may have 8 people. Right know 4 are confirmed. 2 pending. If 2 more people don't go, I may just invite some micechatters to join us.

Side Note. On my first trip back to WDW since I was a kid, I thought I'd leave MK early to avoid the fireworks rush. As it happened, the timing was right and I saw the fireworks from the ferry, which was playing "When You Wish Upon a Star". I completely welled up. Ahh that Disney Magic.
              Last edited by flotsam_mike; 11-19-2007, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I can tell you in May. We're booked
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X