Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom

Been seeing the rumors flying on forums and Twitter, seems like within a couple weeks beer and wine will begin flowing at the MKs table service restaurants. Cast apparently have been going through alcohol training.

Man as much as I like Disney tradition and folklore, I think I'm okay with a castle park selling alcohol, especially since BOG kind of lead the way for this to happen. I mean Skipper's Canteen could use some adult beverages in its offerings. ​​

I totally agree. Just wondering how long it will take to have drunkards stumbling through the park, cursing and lighting up smokes wherever.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

If they do this I wonder how long until they will allow it on the west coast at Disneyland
      Also Check out my Disneyland Vlog at:

The Scott Venture Vlog!
      Join us on our adventures in Disneyland and more!

Comment

You know, even though I know Walt really didn't want alcohol in the parks I think I'm okay with this. I've never really seen any issues at DCA or the three WDW parks that serve alcohol. They seem to be pretty good about cutting people off at the appropriate time (or maybe it's just so darn expensive no one can afford to buy enough drinks to actually get drunk!). I'm assuming they'll do the same thing at these restaurants like they do with Be Our Guest where you have to consume the alcohol in the restaurant and are not permitted to take it into the park.
        Disneyland Cast Member
        Outdoor Vending
        1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
          If they do this I wonder how long until they will allow it on the west coast at Disneyland
          I would be SHOCKED if they don't have alcohol at the Cantina in the new Star Wars land they are building.
          Disneyland Cast Member
          Outdoor Vending
          1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning View Post
            Hopefully never. While I like a drink here and there, I hate to have the smell from those drunk around me in the parks. I have had to many times where I've been in line there already and had to smell the booze sweat from someone around. On top of how some behave as well. As if they need more options from DCA or DTD for it? I am one of those that won't have a drink there when I am with my kids (usually its just me and them though). There is just something that never sits well with me when I see the parents pushing strollers and they have drinks in hand.
            A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Doesn't bother me at all. Most belligerent drinkers have their own bottle before entering the parks & don't plan on spending all that money in table-service restaurants anyways. Who would spend that much money just to have a bad time? Not many. Few, but not many. Especially at WDW where many are not locals. Although since DLR has many locals, their alcohol sales might even surpass WDW as you wouldn't have to worry about driving or having your hotel being miles away if you plan right. Epcot feels like a journey getting back home with or without drinks. I think would be a smart move for DLR as long as it never crosses into beer carts. People do drink with a certain mindset, drinking at an expensive Disney restaurant would be a different feel than selling and smelling booze every few feet.

Some on this site like to assume just because people drink they are going to be beliegerant. Just not liking the smell is more a personal problem. I've seen so many rude guest who are sober. Should I ban strollers because most people pushing them are rude or in my way? Also hate the smell of cigarettes. Shall we ban it? I've seen more fights at DLR than any other themeprk, but everyone else sells booze. Ironically most would say they're very unDisney but Walt was a heavy smoker & had his own Tobacco store on Main Street. Don't have to like alcohol but I think it's silly to assume the worst. I think in a crowd of 20 some just focus on the one because it's what they want to see.

Comment

For them to serve alcohol, don't they have to go through a licensing and permitting to be able to do that? That would be a matter of filing a public record, which is easy information to track down. I don't think they can serve without doing that. Which would seem to me that if it's only an "unconfirmed rumor" then it wouldn't be true without the filing. It it was, then it seems like someone should be able to track down that filing and confirm it rather easily.

Personally, having worked at all the parks, I'd prefer that they MK alcohol free. Plenty of places around there to get a drink if someone really wants one. It's nice having at least one park where you're not having to deal with drunks in the later hours in the park.

Comment

I've only seen belligerent drunks at Epcot during F&W on weekend nights. Haven't seen it become an issue at any of the other parks and wouldn't expect it to happen at the Magic Kingdom. At this point, adult beverages will be offered only at table service restaurants. Don't think it would be a huge issue until there's a margarita cart parked outside the castle.

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post
                    For them to serve alcohol, don't they have to go through a licensing and permitting to be able to do that? That would be a matter of filing a public record, which is easy information to track down. I don't think they can serve without doing that. Which would seem to me that if it's only an "unconfirmed rumor" then it wouldn't be true without the filing. It it was, then it seems like someone should be able to track down that filing and confirm it rather easily.

Personally, having worked at all the parks, I'd prefer that they MK alcohol free. Plenty of places around there to get a drink if someone really wants one. It's nice having at least one park where you're not having to deal with drunks in the later hours in the park.
                    Alcohol is already served in the Magic Kingdom at the Be Our Guest Restaurant so I assume not further licensing would be needed. Anyway, it turns out this is true, Tony's, Jungle Skipper Canteen, and Liberty Tree Tavern will start serving beer and wine, and Cinderella's Royal table will offer Champagne and sparkling wines. This is supposed to go into effect on 12/23.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...estaurants.htm

Comment

Can anyone confirm whether the spots in MK actually started serving alcohol this month in Florida? Just curious.
                      For the record, we need a Skipper Cantina out here in DLR. Maybe they'll convert Tangaroa Terrace into it, so it can serve alcohol as well?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalUW View Post
                        Can anyone confirm whether the spots in MK actually started serving alcohol this month in Florida? Just curious.
                        For the record, we need a Skipper Cantina out here in DLR. Maybe they'll convert Tangaroa Terrace into it, so it can serve alcohol as well?
                        I haven't seen any first hand confirmation, but it is listed on the menu on the Disney web site now.

Comment

People who enjoy an adult beverage at a table service for lunch or dinner are not going to get sloshed and be stumbling around the park. I have no problem with them serving alcohol at places like BOG and other table services. I have yet to reach the drinking age, but heck I am a College Student and I am not going to lie, I enjoy an adult beverage from time to time. Once I reach the age limit I will take in a beer or glass of wine with my dinner at a MK restaurant in the future.

Comment

Had a Stella Artois with my meal at Skipper Canteen a week ago. Im happy to say, I did not see anyone getting Epcot wasted.

Comment

In all honesty I think it's great for business. We all want newer rides and better refurbishments....this is a great way to gain more revenue for those things. Some people enjoy drinking, others do not, but it's childish to frown upon anyone having a good time, as long as they are responsible. Either way Disney Security and local law enforcement are all over the belligerent drunkards.
                              Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X