Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Fastest Route from Parking Lot/TTC to Magic Kingdom

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest Route from Parking Lot/TTC to Magic Kingdom

I will visit the Magic Kingdom next week. When I was there for the first time last year, I remember there being a delay getting from the TTC to the park via the boat. In your experience, what is the fastest way to get from the parking lot/TTC to the Magic Kingdom?

Originally posted by andyknelson View Post
    I will visit the Magic Kingdom next week. When I was there for the first time last year, I remember there being a delay getting from the TTC to the park via the boat. In your experience, what is the fastest way to get from the parking lot/TTC to the Magic Kingdom?
    The boat and the monorail are your only choice. If the line is short enough then the express monorail is fastest. If the line is long, and it looks like the next train will fill up before you get on, then it may be quicker to use the resort monorail since it usually has a shorter line.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

The boat and the monorail are your only choice. If the line is short enough then the express monorail is fastest. If the line is long, and it looks like the next train will fill up before you get on, then it may be quicker to use the resort monorail since it usually has a shorter line.
      Things may have changed, but it used to be that they would not allow people to get on the resort monorail- especially in the mornings when people are coming into the park, without having a resort room key. That would be so they couldn't "cheat" the system.

If the line for the monorail is down at the bottom of the ramp or longer, then it's often faster to take the boat across the lake.

Comment

I haven't been to Florida for a long time but I used to walk to the Polynesian resort and take the launch from there. It might not have been the quickest way but it was a nice relaxing start to the day. Don't know how this works with current passes but it was included in the transportation in the 1990s

Comment

Good point Robb. You can catch the resort monorails at the resorts. And sometimes from the Magic Kingdom. In particular I remember them monitoring access at TTC, but it was usually busy mornings that I noticed that. Couldn't say about the afternoons when traffic slowed down.

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post

Things may have changed, but it used to be that they would not allow people to get on the resort monorail- especially in the mornings when people are coming into the park, without having a resort room key. That would be so they couldn't "cheat" the system.

If the line for the monorail is down at the bottom of the ramp or longer, then it's often faster to take the boat across the lake.
            I have never encountered that, although I have not tried that route many times. Since the Magic Bands are now the room key I they would have to scan every band to check if you were a guest of one of the monorail resorts.

Comment

I've found that the time saved on the monorails vs. the boat is often a wash. The ferry boats hold many more people and often have a shorter line than the monorails, and almost never break down like the monorails do. Unless I arrive in the late afternoon and theres no line at the express monorail, I prefer to go in on the boat.

Comment

When staying at one of the hotels, I have taken a cab to the Contemporary and walked to MK. We beat the monorail and boat and were 1st in line, worth the money about $12.

Comment

I was there last week, no delays. My last visit was a few years ago but it seems like they have newer, smaller, but faster ferry boats. Perhaps this is old news. We took a bus from Hollywood Studios DIRECTLY to Magic Kingdom, no TTC involved at all.

Comment

I have always found the ferry to be the best option from TTC. Not only is it more certain that you will get on either the boat that is already there or the very next one is absolute. On a nice day it is a pleasant ride across the lagoon and you can watch MK get closer and closer. A long time ago I timed it and it took the same amount of time for either one. That might have changed since I haven't checked it lately. Many want the Monorail ride fix. If so you can always get on the Epcot line and ride the full circle if you don't want to get off at Epcot. That usually takes care of my cravings for riding the rails.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X