Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Disneyworld's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in peril?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Disneyworld's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in peril?

    I didn't want to have to talk about this, but here we go..

    I'm just coming from the Disneyland section, and I heard from a few separate users that the Orlando version is in danger pending the success of the version in Disney's California Adventure. Does anybody have a source on this? A link? Is this something Disney is seriously considering doing?

    I fought hard against the DCA change, but lightened up because I know the true original still stands. But I'm going to go bonkers if this version is lost to some second rate comic book turned film.. or to anything, for that matter.

    I know the park is currently undergoing a ton of changes and they wont be done in the near future, so Orlando's version of the attraction is presumably safe... for the immediate future.
    KA CHOW

  • #2
    I certainly hope not. I was honestly okay with ours leaving as something better can still possibly take place seeing as this was a bit shoehorned, even though still deeply loved. With so much of the park needing work, why take out such a great ride that can stand on its own. Lands based off a single IP haven't been tested too much, and the whole park will soon be covered with them. Better to leave at least a few rides timeless. I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to be similar to the one in Tokyo, but I would still be greatly upset. As okay as I am with DCA's closing, I still believe it should have been a standalone ride. This belief would be even greater in a park like DHS which is lacking in rides & already is already rumored to have TGR updated to something else instead of adding.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's just a rumor from a so-called insider on another message board. He said that the execs were considering re-theming WDW's ToT at some point but is now off the table for the time being. Who really knows though. Re-theming DCA's ToT to GOTG was laughed at when it came out and now it's becoming a reality.

      The only thing we can do is hope that Mission Breakout is somehow a failure and the Disney suits won't get any more of these bright ideas on how to shove Marvel into existing attractions for cheap.

      Comment


      • #4
        It appears there were plans at one point to re-theme the one at DHS, but Bob Chapek recently stated that the tower in DHS is safe:

        http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...rs-are-flying#

        The latest rumor is that the Universe of Energy ride in Epcot might get replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy attractions.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
          I certainly hope not. I was honestly okay with ours leaving as something better can still possibly take place seeing as this was a bit shoehorned, even though still deeply loved. With so much of the park needing work, why take out such a great ride that can stand on its own. Lands based off a single IP haven't been tested too much, and the whole park will soon be covered with them. Better to leave at least a few rides timeless. I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to be similar to the one in Tokyo, but I would still be greatly upset. As okay as I am with DCA's closing, I still believe it should have been a standalone ride. This belief would be even greater in a park like DHS which is lacking in rides & already is already rumored to have TGR updated to something else instead of adding.
          I had a real hard time dealing with the DCA version going away. I'm still not over it and don't know how long it'll be until I really am. You're absolutely right as it really was one of the few attractions that really stood out, but to replace it with GotG just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't like the Tokyo version to be honest, only because the ToT is nearly perfect the way it is now.

          Originally posted by Kram Sacul View Post
          It's just a rumor from a so-called insider on another message board. He said that the execs were considering re-theming WDW's ToT at some point but is now off the table for the time being. Who really knows though. Re-theming DCA's ToT to GOTG was laughed at when it came out and now it's becoming a reality.

          The only thing we can do is hope that Mission Breakout is somehow a failure and the Disney suits won't get any more of these bright ideas on how to shove Marvel into existing attractions for cheap.
          I hope it's off the table, honestly. I was hoping the backlash for the DCA version might've scared them a little bit.

          I know it sounds bad to say and I hate to say it, but I hope the never stop feeling the burn of what they've done. Even if that means that the new ride is hideous and becomes the laughing stock of the park.

          Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post
          It appears there were plans at one point to re-theme the one at DHS, but Bob Chapek recently stated that the tower in DHS is safe:

          http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...rs-are-flying#

          The latest rumor is that the Universe of Energy ride in Epcot might get replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy attractions.
          Thank you for the link! I knew about the Universe of Energy rumor, but this IP thing is going too far I think. We don't have room for imagination anymore, now its about making movies into rides and lands. I doubt Disneyworld would've had Expedition Everest under Chapek.
          KA CHOW

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

            I had a real hard time dealing with the DCA version going away. I'm still not over it and don't know how long it'll be until I really am. You're absolutely right as it really was one of the few attractions that really stood out, but to replace it with GotG just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't like the Tokyo version to be honest, only because the ToT is nearly perfect the way it is now.



            I hope it's off the table, honestly. I was hoping the backlash for the DCA version might've scared them a little bit..
            I agree Disney really made a heartless decision & decisions like those do ultimately affect the way people see the company. My love for Guardians & high hopes Florida's will remain intact are the only things I got to push me past this. On one hand I'm thinking they have to make this ride awesome as it's their premiere Marvel ride for US Disney parks but... if they were really planning this carefully I would think they would have already prepared getting rid of Hollywoodland. Leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth as it's going to stick out like a sorethumb. And for how many years until they finish this "Marvel Land?" That's a lot of years to look like the ugly stepchild of a land. This ride is literally on the fence, backlash makes me happy as they will never do something like this again. But if it end up better than ToT, which it can, I can forgive it. I believe most will have to wait to ride until they can get over it which is understandable. When SWL was announced people were complaining left & right, once Disney opened the trail & let the unfinished work speak for itself many are excited now.

            It was nearly perfect! I'm deeply going to miss the moment when they show the elevator drop during the last show scene & your elevator drops right after. So much more well done than Florida's. I always get a nervous buildup at that part .

            Comment


            • #7
              So far there are no substantiated rumors that Florida's ToT will get the GOTG treatment. Every official thing from Disney has been that the Florida Tower is staying the way it is for the foreseeable future. To me, the only way that the GOTG at Disneyland makes sense is if they plan on eventually turning the rest of Hollywood Land into Marvel Land, which they can't do in Florida because of the legal issue with Universal. So unless Disney is able to resolve that somehow, I don't expect that the GOTG Tower will be coming to WDW.
              Disneyland Cast Member
              Outdoor Vending
              1996 - 1999

              My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

              http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X