Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Is Disneyworld's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in peril?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Disneyworld's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror in peril?

I didn't want to have to talk about this, but here we go..

I'm just coming from the Disneyland section, and I heard from a few separate users that the Orlando version is in danger pending the success of the version in Disney's California Adventure. Does anybody have a source on this? A link? Is this something Disney is seriously considering doing?

I fought hard against the DCA change, but lightened up because I know the true original still stands. But I'm going to go bonkers if this version is lost to some second rate comic book turned film.. or to anything, for that matter.

I know the park is currently undergoing a ton of changes and they wont be done in the near future, so Orlando's version of the attraction is presumably safe... for the immediate future.
    KA CHOW

I certainly hope not. I was honestly okay with ours leaving as something better can still possibly take place seeing as this was a bit shoehorned, even though still deeply loved. With so much of the park needing work, why take out such a great ride that can stand on its own. Lands based off a single IP haven't been tested too much, and the whole park will soon be covered with them. Better to leave at least a few rides timeless. I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to be similar to the one in Tokyo, but I would still be greatly upset. As okay as I am with DCA's closing, I still believe it should have been a standalone ride. This belief would be even greater in a park like DHS which is lacking in rides & already is already rumored to have TGR updated to something else instead of adding.

Comment

It's just a rumor from a so-called insider on another message board. He said that the execs were considering re-theming WDW's ToT at some point but is now off the table for the time being. Who really knows though. Re-theming DCA's ToT to GOTG was laughed at when it came out and now it's becoming a reality.

The only thing we can do is hope that Mission Breakout is somehow a failure and the Disney suits won't get any more of these bright ideas on how to shove Marvel into existing attractions for cheap.
      This Space For Rent

Comment

It appears there were plans at one point to re-theme the one at DHS, but Bob Chapek recently stated that the tower in DHS is safe:

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...rs-are-flying#

The latest rumor is that the Universe of Energy ride in Epcot might get replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
          I certainly hope not. I was honestly okay with ours leaving as something better can still possibly take place seeing as this was a bit shoehorned, even though still deeply loved. With so much of the park needing work, why take out such a great ride that can stand on its own. Lands based off a single IP haven't been tested too much, and the whole park will soon be covered with them. Better to leave at least a few rides timeless. I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to be similar to the one in Tokyo, but I would still be greatly upset. As okay as I am with DCA's closing, I still believe it should have been a standalone ride. This belief would be even greater in a park like DHS which is lacking in rides & already is already rumored to have TGR updated to something else instead of adding.
          I had a real hard time dealing with the DCA version going away. I'm still not over it and don't know how long it'll be until I really am. You're absolutely right as it really was one of the few attractions that really stood out, but to replace it with GotG just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't like the Tokyo version to be honest, only because the ToT is nearly perfect the way it is now.

Originally posted by Kram Sacul View Post
          It's just a rumor from a so-called insider on another message board. He said that the execs were considering re-theming WDW's ToT at some point but is now off the table for the time being. Who really knows though. Re-theming DCA's ToT to GOTG was laughed at when it came out and now it's becoming a reality.

The only thing we can do is hope that Mission Breakout is somehow a failure and the Disney suits won't get any more of these bright ideas on how to shove Marvel into existing attractions for cheap.
          I hope it's off the table, honestly. I was hoping the backlash for the DCA version might've scared them a little bit.

I know it sounds bad to say and I hate to say it, but I hope the never stop feeling the burn of what they've done. Even if that means that the new ride is hideous and becomes the laughing stock of the park.

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post
          It appears there were plans at one point to re-theme the one at DHS, but Bob Chapek recently stated that the tower in DHS is safe:

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/a...rs-are-flying#

The latest rumor is that the Universe of Energy ride in Epcot might get replaced with a Guardians of the Galaxy attractions.
          Thank you for the link! I knew about the Universe of Energy rumor, but this IP thing is going too far I think. We don't have room for imagination anymore, now its about making movies into rides and lands. I doubt Disneyworld would've had Expedition Everest under Chapek.
          KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

I had a real hard time dealing with the DCA version going away. I'm still not over it and don't know how long it'll be until I really am. You're absolutely right as it really was one of the few attractions that really stood out, but to replace it with GotG just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't like the Tokyo version to be honest, only because the ToT is nearly perfect the way it is now.

I hope it's off the table, honestly. I was hoping the backlash for the DCA version might've scared them a little bit..
            I agree Disney really made a heartless decision & decisions like those do ultimately affect the way people see the company. My love for Guardians & high hopes Florida's will remain intact are the only things I got to push me past this. On one hand I'm thinking they have to make this ride awesome as it's their premiere Marvel ride for US Disney parks but... if they were really planning this carefully I would think they would have already prepared getting rid of Hollywoodland. Leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth as it's going to stick out like a sorethumb. And for how many years until they finish this "Marvel Land?" That's a lot of years to look like the ugly stepchild of a land. This ride is literally on the fence, backlash makes me happy as they will never do something like this again. But if it end up better than ToT, which it can, I can forgive it. I believe most will have to wait to ride until they can get over it which is understandable. When SWL was announced people were complaining left & right, once Disney opened the trail & let the unfinished work speak for itself many are excited now.

It was nearly perfect! I'm deeply going to miss the moment when they show the elevator drop during the last show scene & your elevator drops right after. So much more well done than Florida's. I always get a nervous buildup at that part .

Comment

So far there are no substantiated rumors that Florida's ToT will get the GOTG treatment. Every official thing from Disney has been that the Florida Tower is staying the way it is for the foreseeable future. To me, the only way that the GOTG at Disneyland makes sense is if they plan on eventually turning the rest of Hollywood Land into Marvel Land, which they can't do in Florida because of the legal issue with Universal. So unless Disney is able to resolve that somehow, I don't expect that the GOTG Tower will be coming to WDW.
              Disneyland Cast Member
              Outdoor Vending
              1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:

http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Comment

If they were to replace TOT with a Marvel themed ride it wouldn't fit. The version of TOT on Sunset Blvd section fits the decor and style. I believe that is why it is staying put for now at DHS. Plus it was the first and is the original.

Comment

I love the ToT at WDW and would dread if they alter it in anyway. I sure hope they see that it is one the the successful attractions in Hollywood Studious and keep it that way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
                    I agree Disney really made a heartless decision & decisions like those do ultimately affect the way people see the company. My love for Guardians & high hopes Florida's will remain intact are the only things I got to push me past this. On one hand I'm thinking they have to make this ride awesome as it's their premiere Marvel ride for US Disney parks but... if they were really planning this carefully I would think they would have already prepared getting rid of Hollywoodland. Leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth as it's going to stick out like a sorethumb. And for how many years until they finish this "Marvel Land?" That's a lot of years to look like the ugly stepchild of a land. This ride is literally on the fence, backlash makes me happy as they will never do something like this again. But if it end up better than ToT, which it can, I can forgive it. I believe most will have to wait to ride until they can get over it which is understandable. When SWL was announced people were complaining left & right, once Disney opened the trail & let the unfinished work speak for itself many are excited now.

It was nearly perfect! I'm deeply going to miss the moment when they show the elevator drop during the last show scene & your elevator drops right after. So much more well done than Florida's. I always get a nervous buildup at that part .
                    Absolutely! Very true, and thanks for the good read. I'm twisted in the new rides success. I want it to succeed, but if it does Chapek might get more bright ideas and change the Florida version, or even other attractions to his pleasing. I want it to fail, but if it fails the building will be a painful memory of something that was amazing but isn't anymore.

Originally posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
                    If they were to replace TOT with a Marvel themed ride it wouldn't fit. The version of TOT on Sunset Blvd section fits the decor and style. I believe that is why it is staying put for now at DHS. Plus it was the first and is the original.
                    I thought that way about the CA version too. All they had to do was change bugs land to make it fit in better. But I feel like after this, nothing is safe
                    KA CHOW

Comment

It's on the table for sure. WDW's Tower is actually better suited to the Guardians retheme and I support it more for DHS than I do for DCA.

If DCA's is a hit, WDW will likely greenlight the same changeover.
                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                        It's on the table for sure. WDW's Tower is actually better suited to the Guardians retheme and I support it more for DHS than I do for DCA.

Disney has publically said there are not plans to do this at DHS.

Long term it might work out better for DCA since a whole Marvel land can be built around it, but that would be much harder to do at DHS due to the licensing restrictions.

Comment

Long term it might work out better for DCA since a whole Marvel land can be built around it, but that would be much harder to do at DHS due to the licensing restrictions.
                          Disney also denied the rumors regarding DCA's Tower until they were ready to announce.

DHS can build Doctor Strange, Guardians, Big Hero 6, Incredibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post

All I can really say is that I hope your wrong. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wish for a terrible attraction at DCA.

The attraction has been the cornerstone of DHS for years. It's made hundreds of official lists being named one of the best attractions ever made. Chapek would be shooting himself in the foot for changing that one too I'd think.
                            KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

All I can really say is that I hope your wrong. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wish for a terrible attraction at DCA.

The attraction has been the cornerstone of DHS for years. It's made hundreds of official lists being named one of the best attractions ever made. Chapek would be shooting himself in the foot for changing that one too I'd think.
                              DHS is moving away from being a park themed around a movie studio and more about a park themed around movie properties. Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Muppet Courtyard, Super Hero Land, and a Hollywood entrance/hub sounds inline with their thinking.

Plus, I think kind of missed opportunities like the 5th Dimension Room could really be improved with the new story line. DHS' Tower is much better suited for the change due to the space in the actual attraction and it gets them into the same Merchandising spot they want with Guardians toys and t's replacing Twilight Zone merch.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X