Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Disney files expansion plans for Caribbean Beach

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney files expansion plans for Caribbean Beach

Walt Disney World has filed plans for an expansion of the Caribbean Beach Resort which likely means that a rumored DVC resort will be added. Most of the Barbados section of the resort will be demolished and a 5 to 6 story tower will be constructed along with other changes to the resort.

I was surprised when I read this. I'm planning a fall trip and love comparing resorts. It seemed like people really like CBR, except for the fact that it's so big and spread out. That's really the only comment I have, since I've never stayed there.

Comment

Wonder how this will impact the views from World Showcase?
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
      -George S. Patton

Comment

When will they start construction? I will be there in May. Don't exactly want to deal with that kind of a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by stephanieboyd View Post
          When will they start construction? I will be there in May. Don't exactly want to deal with that kind of a mess.
          The permit was filed with the South Florida Water Management district which normally happened a couple months before construction starts. The permit say work will begin in 2017, but not exactly when. You may get lucky in May, but as the year goes on it's going to get more likely that major work gets under way.

One thing to note about this, the permit does NOT say anything about the heights of the new buildings, but it does seem likely that the largest new building will be mult-story since it's replacing a lot of the guest units in that area and we have recently seen height test balloons in this area. The map below shows the new buildings that are going to be built circled in red. The permit does not give any indication as to the purpose of each of these buildings. There were also rumors in the past that an expansion if CBR might include a boat connection to Epcot, but nothing in these plans indicates that is happening.

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload_2017-1-18_10-7-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	8488504

Comment

Why are they replacing Barbados instead of just creating a new area south of Jamaica? That area is reserved for a future section anyway...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X