Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Some questions about a trip and special health needs

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions about a trip and special health needs

I have some questions about a potencial trip to WDW, you see we had already visited the parks, but last time was in 2011 before the Magic Bands were added

1) We are from outside the US, so I have being reading about the bands and I want to know how mush in advance do we need to make the fastpass reservations? we are planning to stay in a WDW hotel, since we don't have an address in the US can we claim the bass at the hotel's lobby?

2) Another important thing is that I'm thinking in getting a DAS card for me, you see I got into open hearth surgery in 1995 when I was 10 years old, as my arteries were wide because of aaortic stenosis, the surgeons made cuts to the arteries to help the pass of the blood, however some damage was already irreversible since my heart is enlarged about twice the size of a normal person the operation helped me a lot

However in the last couple of years my health has being deteriorated in a way, the exams show that the arteries are getting thick again by some centimetres, the Doctors made me many exams but they say that I might need another operation in the future next time wit laser technology instead of a risky open hearth surgery, but that for now they say I will be fine as long as I the extra careful avoiding heat, too mush physical activities and direct sunlight

Last year we went to DL and it was harder for me to wait in lines, and since it was in april the last day of the visit there was a LOT of sunlight wit heat, we went from the DL hotel to the park entrance walking since the monorail was in maintenance, it was sunday so there was a very long line to get into the parks and I was staring to feel very tired and couldn't wait under the sunlight thankfully my mom was wit me so she made me wait in a shade of one of the buildings while I was drinking gatoraid and she made the line alone until she was close so I could pass without making that long wait under the sun

So it appears I will need more help in the next visit, that's why I'm thinking to get the DAS card, I went into the WDW website and there very basic information, so I'm not sure if I will be available to get one because of heart conditions? that card works similar to a fastpass system right? can my mom go wit me at the same time to shows or attractions when I use the card?

Is there a similar system to DAS card in Universal?

3)Another health condition I have is a sensible stomach/colon caused by so many years of taking medication for the hearth, so that means I have to keep a special diet that is light in calories, fat, free of gluten and lactose, I have being using the menus at Allears to make a guidelines for were to eat and it has helped me a lot

However, I will need help for were to buy some things I need that don't sell at the parks, like Glucerna and Ensure bottles I need to drink everyday, and some gluten or low sugar cookies, if I remember right there's a website were you can buy groceries and can be delivered into the hotel? and I get those food items inside the park?
    Last edited by Sapphire-Light; 01-28-2017, 01:01 PM.
    sigpic

I will try my best to help. I think you can make the FastPasses 60 days prior to the first day of your trip when staying at a WDW hotel. I believe, though am not certain, that you need the My Disney Experience app on a smart phone, but thinking about it, there must be a way around that. On that app you can link all your information in one area, dining reservations, FastPasses, etc. It is a pretty useful app. I am not sure if your wanting to use the hotel as a base is related to this question or not. If not and you are trying to figure out what to put on travel documents then I would say yes, use the hotel address. That is what I do when traveling overseas myself.
    Regarding DAS, they are limited in what they can ask but they will ask why you cannot physically be in the line like anyone else. If your response is something like I cannot stand up that long because of a medical condition, I would assume they will issue you a DAS or whatever it is called now. They will take a picture of you and put it on the card. If I remember correctly, you and up to 5 others can go with you. Basically, you will go to the FastPass return line, hand them the card, they will look at how long the standby line is (lets say it is 10:00 am and the standby line is 20 minutes) and write down a time 20 minutes from now or 10:20. At 10:20 you can return to the FastPass line and show them your card and they will let you in. We used this service about a year and a half ago because of my son and despite all the negative comments I heard prior to going, we thought it remarkable for us. Perhaps and even unfair but in our favor. we tried not to use it if we could help it. As far as Universal goes, I would assume they have something similar, I know SeaWorld did when we went on that same trip a year and a half ago.
    I think the grocery delivery you are referring to is gardengrocer.com. I have never used them so cannot relate any personal experience. There are lots of stores just outside the gates which should have what you need. Possibly Target or Walmart as they usually both have pharmacies in them. Standalone pharmacies such as CVS should also have what you want. The down side to these of course is that you need to leave the property to go there. Perhaps a taxi or Uber to get there and back. You should be able to bring these items into the parks in a backpack though they will be subject to inspection.
    Finally, make sure to include any dietary issues when make restaurant reservations. WDW can be quite accommodating. Our family has gluten and dairy issues and they have been great with us.
    Good luck!

Comment

You can make the Fastpass reservations up to 60 days in advance of your first day and you can make them for your entire vacation at that time. They can be made using either the My Disney Experience App or website. You can request to pick up your bands when you get there instead of shipping them. I am not sure if you can do that on the web site or if you have to call.

Some resorts do carry limited grocery items in their gift shop, but I am not sure if they carry what you are looking for, but it might be worth looking into.

Universal has something the Attraction Assistance Pass (AAP) which is similar to DAS. You can find info here:

https://touringplans.com/universal-o...special-needs#

Comment

Years ago we traveled to WDW with my son who was awaiting heart surgery at the time. This was before the new DAS system was in place. He was unable to stand in lines for any period of time. The Disney people were VERY accomodating. Even more than what we experienced at Disneyland in California. I would like to think it is still the same. Just be sure to communicate with them what your needs are.
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X