Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Help Me Plan My WDW Trip

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Plan My WDW Trip

Hi all, Im coming from the DL thread. I want to take a trip to WDW and need your help. I am a CM so I would get in the park for free. I just want to know how many days would I need to book my hotel? I want to def visit the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. I am not so sure I want to go to Epcot just because Ive heard theres nothing really to do there except that they have a good variety of food.

What are your thoughts?
    Skip out on Epcot?
    What hotels have you stayed in? Whats the best in your opinion. I know that different hotels have different atmospheres but I cannot see myself using the hotel to its potential and only thinking of it as a place to sleep since I will be at the parks all day.

I am thinking 3 full days, a park a day. I wouldn't mind going a 4th and visiting a park twice in case I missed something. Would you recommend a 4th? Anything else I should consider? For instance Disney springs? There will be no children on this trip

Do not skip out on Epcot! I repeat, do not. Even if you just take a stroll through World Showcase, give it a look. Ride some of the rides in Future World.

Give yourself at least 3 whole days at the parks. My wife and I usually only are able to go for 5 days, 4 nights and we usually are able to hit every ride we want and every show we want to see.

Stay as long as you can. We've stayed at a variety of hotels, but if you feel you just need a place to sleep, then get a value hotel. You'll be able to stay longer that way, but just know that they aren't the nicest places to stay.

If you have time and like to have a few drinks, then def hit up Disney Springs and the Boardwalk.

Our last trip was three days, four nights and we did all of the above.

Check it out on our vlog to see how we did. It's the Theme Park Brews Playlist.

Like Disney World? Like good drinks? Like other Theme Parks? Check out our new channel! We're going to be uploading our adventures through theme parks and ot...
    Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Hiya! Fellow CM here. The first time we did WDW, we stayed 4 days/5 nights at Pop Century. (Try to get the lower cost hotels with your discount if you can since you're only going to use it to sleep and shower.) 4 days was just enough time to squeeze in a little of everything. 1 full day at Magic Kingdom, 1 full day at Hollywood Studios, 1/2 day at Animal Kingdom, 1/2 day at Epcot and the last day was spent park hopping to catch things we missed.

Don't skip EPCOT! There are so many neat things to see and do there, besides the awesome food options. If you're coming from the Disneyland parks to WDW, I recommend riding all the rides WDW has that DLR doesn't first. Then, going and riding the similar ones to compare. Like Dinosaur is the sister ride to Indiana Jones. Test Track is the predecessor to Radiator Springs Racers. The Small Worlds are different. Big Thunder is different. Space Mountain is way different.

Next time we go for just WDW, we're going for at least 6 days. We left so much undone. There are hotels to explore and small hidden gems everywhere.
      Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
      Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
      Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
      Neverland since 1996.
      ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Comment

It bears repeating, don't skip Epcot! Yes, it is not as good as it used to be, but it is still one of the most unique Disney parks and will find plenty to do there. IMHO, Space Ship Earth is still one of the greatest Disney rides, and Illuminations is my favorite night time show. World showcase is a lot of shops and restaurants, but even just walking through the countries is a great experience. Worst case you could split a day between Epcot and DHS since there is a boat that connects the two, so transportation is easy. DHS has a bunch of things that are similar if not identical to DL, Muppets 3D, Star Tours, Toy Story Midway Mania, and Tower of Terror (although most people find WDW's is better then DCA's was). There is also a lot you may want to skip in Magic Kingdom because of the similarity to the rides in DL. The things I would recommend is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, Be Our Guest restaurant if you can get a reservations, Jungle Cruise has some differences at WDW that make it worth while, and Little Mermaid is worth it just for the queue, although the ride itself is the same.

If 4 days is an option I would definitely do that.

Disney Springs is a nice place to hang out in the evening. It has lots of shops and restaurants but I wouldn't say it's a must do. As for the hotel, you can't go wrong with any of the on site Disney hotels. If you are just looking for a basic hotel then the value resorts, like Pop Century are a good option. If you want to step up a little bit check out Port Orleans which is a very popular moderate resort.
        Last edited by danlb_2000; 02-15-2017, 05:36 AM.

Comment

I'm the type who doesn't want to spend less than a week or more at WDW. You can't go wrong with any of the Disney hotels. My personal favorite of the ones I've stayed at is Port Orleans Riverside. Other favorites based on appearance, amenities, transportation, etc., are Wilderness Lodge, and Polynesian. But as I said, you can't go wrong with their hotels. If money is an issue, scale down to the Pop Century or Animation hotels.

DO NOT skip any of the theme parks. They are all unique and worth seeing, although I personally found the Studios to be a half-day park. They do have the advantage of still having the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. FYI, EPCOT was actually my favorite. You can easily do two full days there. And Magic Kingdom is very different from Disneyland, so you need a couple of days to really explore and compare.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I love WDW and truly really like Epcot as well. The first time we went, we spent 7 days. It's great to have one day at each park, then have a couple extra days to bounce around and spend a little more time at the parks. Mark sure to make dining reservations!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies!! I definitely wont skip out on Epcot. I was just basing it off a co-worker saying its not really worth it (maybe he had a bad experience). I will prob change it to a 5/6 day trip. I'm excited!!

Comment

For me, I have found that I can no longer do "long days" in the theme parks. I have had to mix things up. No late nights, followed by early entires. Or rope drops each and every day of your trip. Touring takes a lot out of most people. Even youngsters need a break in the middle of the day. Magic Kingdom is one park where it is beneficial to do "rope drop". Epcot can be a later arrival. Definitely plan your fast passes ahead of time. Not sure how that works for a cast member, but it sure is nice to have some of your "must do's" planned ahead of time. Character meals, or table service ones in general are nice to break up your day, and give your self a break/rest from all the walking that you will do. Walking is the #1 activity at WDW. Definitely check the park schedules way in advance of your arrival. I always map out each day of my trip. Not every moment, of course, but at least which park I will be in. Park hopping sounds like a good idea, but park hopping takes time. That is unless you do it this way, and then it serves two purposes. Spend the morning at Magic Kingdom, then return to your hotel for a nap/meal/swim/etc; then park hop in the evening to one of the other parks.

Have a great time.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by CastMember10-2015 View Post
                  Thank you everyone for your replies!! I definitely wont skip out on Epcot. I was just basing it off a co-worker saying its not really worth it (maybe he had a bad experience). I will prob change it to a 5/6 day trip. I'm excited!!
                  We're super excited for you!
                  Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X