Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Where or What are these places now?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where or What are these places now?

A friend recently gave me an old Magic Kingdom guide book. When I looked over it I saw several things I did not recognize. Can you identify these?
    Main Street- Sealtest Ice Cream, The Hospitality House
    Adventureland- El Pirata Y El Perico, Laffites portrait deck
    Frontierland-Bearly country, The Keel Boat Shop
    Fantasyland-The Kings Gallery, Disneyana
    Tomorrowland- RYCA 1 Dream of a new world
    Hotels-The Disney Inn, The Dutch Resort
    Fort Wilderness- Do they still allow fishing?
    Thanks for you help.

Originally posted by disneyfn View Post
    A friend recently gave me an old Magic Kingdom guide book. When I looked over it I saw several things I did not recognize. Can you identify these?
    Main Street- Sealtest Ice Cream, The Hospitality House
    Adventureland- El Pirata Y El Perico, Laffites portrait deck
    Frontierland-Bearly country, The Keel Boat Shop
    Fantasyland-The Kings Gallery, Disneyana
    Tomorrowland- RYCA 1 Dream of a new world
    Hotels-The Disney Inn, The Dutch Resort
    Fort Wilderness- Do they still allow fishing?
    Thanks for you help.
    The Sealtest Ice Cream is now the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, USA

The Hospitality House was initially sponsored by Gulf Oil Co, located across from City Hall in town square. This location has hosted the Walt Disney Story, Epcot Center Preview Center, Disney/MGM Studios Preview Center, Animal Kingdom Preview Center, and the Walt Disney World 25th Anniversary Welcome Center. It currently hosts character meet and greets, mainly Mickey and Minnie.

The Kings Gallery was located inside of Cinderella's Castle, now where the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is located.

RYCA1 Dream of a new world was the original exit show when leaving Space Mountain. Space Mountain was initially sponsored by RCA.

The Disney Inn was originally the Golf Resort. It is now the Shades of Green, hosting military personnel and their families.

The Dutch Inn was one of the original Lake Buena Vista Village Hotels (now Disney Springs). It is now called the Wyndman at Lake Buena Vista/Disney Springs.

Fort Wilderness still allows fishing.
    Last edited by RTDJ; 02-20-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Riverside Port Orleans also has a fishing spot.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Originally posted by RTDJ View Post
        Fort Wilderness still allows fishing.
        I was incorrect about fishing at Fort Wilderness. After the alligator attack at the Grand Flo., fishing was suspended at Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, and Fort Wilderness unless you sign up for an "official" Disney fishing excursion. "No fishing" signs have been posted on all of the canals at Saratoga, OKW, and Fort Wilderness.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X