Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Visit for Food and Wine Only

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit for Food and Wine Only

I am just looking for suggestions of when is the best time to visit during the Food and Wine Festival before November. We are planning a 4 night/5 day stay and visiting mostly just Epcot, with the possibility of a half day at MK and HS. It will be just myself and my boyfriend. We visited last year for 8 days and hit all parks with my parents and sister and brother in law - that was a bit much.

Are the extra magic hours days standard for each park? We would like make sure we encompass the best days for the EMHs at Epcot, so it doesn't matter what days we travel over. Also, does it get slower RIGHT after the kids go back to school? We were there Oct. 19-26 this past fall and we were told it was surprisingly busy for that particular week, possibly because it was a holiday week from school for the UK. We can't go after the end of Oct. because of jobs.

Originally posted by ipartywpoppins View Post
    I am just looking for suggestions of when is the best time to visit during the Food and Wine Festival before November. We are planning a 4 night/5 day stay and visiting mostly just Epcot, with the possibility of a half day at MK and HS. It will be just myself and my boyfriend. We visited last year for 8 days and hit all parks with my parents and sister and brother in law - that was a bit much.

Are the extra magic hours days standard for each park? We would like make sure we encompass the best days for the EMHs at Epcot, so it doesn't matter what days we travel over. Also, does it get slower RIGHT after the kids go back to school? We were there Oct. 19-26 this past fall and we were told it was surprisingly busy for that particular week, possibly because it was a holiday week from school for the UK. We can't go after the end of Oct. because of jobs.
    October has become a very busy month at WDW, due partially to some school districts in the country having a fall break. Also, the Food and Wine Festival and the Halloween decorations and Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom have become quite popular.

If at all possible, avoid weekends at the festival. This event draws lots of locals. You're much better off doing the festival on Monday through Friday afternoon. Columbus Day this year falls on October 9 so you would definitely want to avoid that weekend.

The 2017 Festival has been moved up two weeks and will be starting this year during Labor Day weekend. Typically the week after Labor Day is one of the quietest weeks of the year but now with Food & Wine staring then, it could be more crowded.

So far for 2017, morning EMH for Epcot has been scheduled on Thursdays and the evening EMH has been scheduled on Tuesdays. The current EMH schedule is out through September, October's EHM schedule should be out in April.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by RTDJ; 03-04-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

The best time to go to F&W is mid-September, in the middle of the week. Kids (at least local) are back in school, and a lot of people save F&W for weekends. Mid-September on a Tuesday morning should be way less crowded.

EMHs are not set, and it seems like they make them up as they go.

October 19-26 is a terrible time to go BTW, if you are trying to avoid crowds. Everyone is in town for the Halloween events.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Originally posted by RTDJ View Post

October has become a very busy month at WDW, due partially to some school districts in the country having a fall break. Also, the Food and Wine Festival and the Halloween decorations and Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom have become quite popular.

If at all possible, avoid weekends at the festival. This event draws lots of locals. You're much better off doing the festival on Monday through Friday afternoon. Columbus Day this year falls on October 9 so you would definitely want to avoid that weekend.

The 2017 Festival has been moved up two weeks and will be starting this year during Labor Day weekend. Typically the week after Labor Day is one of the quietest weeks of the year but now with Food & Wine staring then, it could be more crowded.

So far for 2017, morning EMH for Epcot has been scheduled on Thursdays and the evening EMH has been scheduled on Tuesdays. The current EMH schedule is out through September, October's EHM schedule should be out in April.

Hope this helps!
        Thank you! Is the EMH schedule something I could find on the my Disney Experience App? Our trip last fall was our first in 14 years so things have changed quite a bit and I'm still trying to learn all the tips and hacks!

Comment

Thank you! Is the EMH schedule something I could find on the my Disney Experience App? Our trip last fall was our first in 14 years so things have changed quite a bit and I'm still trying to learn all the tips and hacks!
          You can check the Walt Disney World website here for EMH info, info is currently out through mid-September:
          https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

Also, the Disney Food Blog is a good site to watch for the festival, they'll post the menus for the international marketplaces and special events once they are announced by Walt Disney World.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X