WDW Restaurants Take Walk-Ins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Restaurants Take Walk-Ins?

My family and I are taking our first WDW vacation coming up in early May and I have been doing a lot of research lately on all the restaurants and making reservations at our desired eateries. It really has been a lot of fun finding out about all these places they have there in WDW but can be disheartening when a certain restaurant you have been talking about eating at forever is completely booked the entire duration of your trip. If you were wondering, yes, I am mainly referring to Be Our Guest Restaurant. I think I know now what everybody was talking about when they said to "make your reservations months in advance!" There were a few other restaurants I ran into the same problem with like The Plaza Restaurant, Diamond Horseshoe, Ohana and Chef Mickey's. Thankfully I read online to keep checking back with those restaurants to see if a reservation opens up because people cancel all the time. So just last week I checked back a few times with some of these restaurants to find that magically there was an opening on a night for dinner at Ohana. And yes, I snagged it! A few days later after work one night I felt I should check on reservation openings again and sure enough I selected Chef Mickey's and there was an open time slot for dinner! Woo-hoo! It's a really good feeling knowing you will be able to eat at a restaurant you have been dreaming or should I say drooling about.

Other restaurants that I still haven't found an open time slot for like Be Our Guest I am hoping will open up before we go or at the very least be able to do a walk-in. Which brings me to my question: Is it possible to eat at a completely booked restaurant there without a reservation? Will they take walk-ins? Also, if you guys have any suggestions for restaurants would be amazing! Thanks.

Keep trying. A friend of mine refreshed the page 180+ times and finally landed some lunch reservations at BOG. Walk ups are not allowed.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
      Keep trying. A friend of mine refreshed the page 180+ times and finally landed some lunch reservations at BOG. Walk ups are not allowed.
      Wow that's some dedication right there! I might do that actually­čśü Thanks PlutoHasFleas!

Comment

I had read an article awhile back about how there are people that take up spots for the restaurants like BOG and in turn offer people for a fee these spots by saying they will find you an opening and do the work for you. When in turn they took the spots up. Yet if they don't have people to fill the spots up by time those days they have to cancel. So keep trying and if this stuff is still going on I would even try to check the day before or same day to see if there are openings available if you don't find any by the time your trip comes around.
        A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Princess View Post
          I had read an article awhile back about how there are people that take up spots for the restaurants like BOG and in turn offer people for a fee these spots by saying they will find you an opening and do the work for you. When in turn they took the spots up. Yet if they don't have people to fill the spots up by time those days they have to cancel. So keep trying and if this stuff is still going on I would even try to check the day before or same day to see if there are openings available if you don't find any by the time your trip comes around.
          I believe Disney recently shut that practice down. I can't remember when I saw that the site(s) offering the service were shut down. I want to say it was at least 6-8 months ago?

Keep checking back! I was able to find Be Our Guest reservations just by checking the MDE app like 2-3 times a day in my spare time. It only takes a second to check and most times you will luck out and spots will open up. This really goes for most anything related to WDW. I was even able to find Frozen Ever After fast passes the day I was at EPCOT, for a few hours later that same day. Use MDE to your advantage!

As for restaurant suggestions... are you/family adventurous eaters? If so, my suggestion is Tiffins in Animal Kingdom. The food, wine and cocktails are unique and SO good. We really enjoyed it a lot and it also saved us the hassle of trying to get FP for the Rivers of Light (since we planned to eat there anyways) and it was our personal favorite restaurant from our last trip.

Comment

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post

I believe Disney recently shut that practice down. I can't remember when I saw that the site(s) offering the service were shut down. I want to say it was at least 6-8 months ago?
            Oh good. I hope they did. I was amazed to even see that was happening and people were willing to pay for it.
            A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

According to my princess, its not Star Wars land its "You stole my goats away from me!!......in progress land"

etsy.com/shop/FantasyFunTutus

Comment

There's always a chance a spot can open up at the last minute. I have friends who got into BOG that way. So there is hope. As others have said, keep checking the web site daily. You never know.

In a worse case scenerio, if you find yourself without a reservation and can't get into anywhere for a meal, you can go to one of the hotels and eat there. We did that this summer and had a really great meal at the Port Orleans Riverside.
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

The Plaza no longer takes ADR's, walks-ups only.
                I know the site and the MDE app still look like they take reservations and there are no open time slots but that's just an IT thing.

Comment

Working...
                X