Reservation Complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reservation Complaint

I have never used Disney Reservation line and probably never try again. This is why.
    I called to make a reservation at the Swan or Dolphin, the person was very polite but not very informed. I asked her about rates,availability and a 5 day pass with Hopper option. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back with a price for the Swan, which I wrote down. I asked about Veteran rates, as I am a VM vet and she said Hold again. Came back again a couple of minutes and said yes I qualify but the dates were not available for the dates I requested. We then talked about travel insurance and again Hold. She came back and told me what it covered and a cost of 77.00 dollars. I asked about disney express and she said, sure we would be able to get that. I said OK lets book it. Please Hold again. She came back with the Dolphin res, not Swan, room cost 69.00 higher than quoted and travel insurance twice what she quoted. I questioned her about this and again hold. She came back and said the computer shows the new rates and location and travel insurance was just the price for one person. I stated that not what I was quoted and she answered that what the computer showed and there was nothing she could do about this. I then asked for a supervisor, hold again, this time hold a lot longer. Supervisor came on and I explained the problem. Please hold. Supervisor came back and said the price and room were what the computer showed and that's what the price and location would be. After explaining that I had everything written down it was different, again same answer, the computer only shows Dolphin ETC. Very sweet talking but no explanation as to why the differences. It was like talking to a robot, sweet but it was like a script and no deviation from it. This whole conversion last about an hour. Never did make the reservation as I thought it was like the Bait and Switch con.
    It comes down to this: the reservation person was not trained as she put me on hold after each question. The supervisor was not helpful, maybe she couldn't help, but she could have handled it better.
    Thanks for reading my tale
    I have been to Disney over a hundred times as I used to live near by, and still will go back. But I have a sour taste for their reservation system.

Last edited by Pips; 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I used to call Disney for my reservations, but now I use a Travel Agent when I vacation at Disney World. I have been super lucky with the ones that I have used, and they have helped me plan both WDW vacations, and Universal. I check everything myself online first, so I have an idea about things, and then I let the agent do the actual calling.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

Originally posted by csip1234 View Post
        I have never used Disney Reservation line and probably never try again. This is why.
        I called to make a reservation at the Swan or Dolphin, the person was very polite but not very informed. I asked her about rates,availability and a 5 day pass with Hopper option. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back with a price for the Swan, which I wrote down. I asked about Veteran rates, as I am a VM vet and she said Hold again. Came back again a couple of minutes and said yes I qualify but the dates were not available for the dates I requested. We then talked about travel insurance and again Hold. She came back and told me what it covered and a cost of 77.00 dollars. I asked about disney express and she said, sure we would be able to get that. I said OK lets book it. Please Hold again. She came back with the Dolphin res, not Swan, room cost 69.00 higher than quoted and travel insurance twice what she quoted. I questioned her about this and again hold. She came back and said the computer shows the new rates and location and travel insurance was just the price for one person. I stated that not what I was quoted and she answered that what the computer showed and there was nothing she could do about this. I then asked for a supervisor, hold again, this time hold a lot longer. Supervisor came on and I explained the problem. Please hold. Supervisor came back and said the price and room were what the computer showed and that's what the price and location would be. After explaining that I had everything written down it was different, again same answer, the computer only shows Dolphin ETC. Very sweet talking but no explanation as to why the differences. It was like talking to a robot, sweet but it was like a script and no deviation from it. This whole conversion last about an hour. Never did make the reservation as I thought it was like the Bait and Switch con.
        It comes down to this: the reservation person was not trained as she put me on hold after each question. The supervisor was not helpful, maybe she couldn't help, but she could have handled it better.
        Thanks for reading my tale
        I have been to Disney over a hundred times as I used to live near by, and still will go back. But I have a sour taste for their reservation system.
        If by "Disney Express" you mean the transportation from the airport, then she was incorrect Swan and Dolphin do not get magical express service.

For you an anyone else who might need this info, here are the Disney perks that the Swan and Dolphin does and does no provide...

- 60 day Fastpass+ reservation just like a Disney resort, but Magic Bands are not free. You can either use the ticket card or pay for bands
        - Free Disney parks transportation but no Magical Express
        - Extra Magic Hours
        - Package delivery to your hotel
        - Free parking at the parks
        - Character meals
        - Golfing perks same as Disney resorts

Things that you don't get...
        - Cannot use Magic Bands to make purchases.
        - No dining plan
        - Magic bands don't work as a door key

Also know that the S&D charges a mandatory resort fee and you have to pay for parking at the hotel.

With all this said the S&D have amenities that are as good if not better then the other Epcot are Deluxe resorts, but even with the resort fee you can often get a S&D room for significantly less then you pay for a Disney Deluxe room.

Comment

^ Good summary.

and if you're wondering why all of the differences, it's because the Swan and Dolphin aren't Disney resorts. They are on Disney property but they are operated by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, so they aren't technically part of the Disney system. There are going to be some differences between the rest of Disney and them. So part of the reasons for the holds may be that they were having to access a different reservation system than the normal Disney one in order to book you. (that part is a guess on my part)

Comment

For Swan & Dolphin, I would scout around for packages offered through big box stores, auto clubs and large airlines.

Comment

Working...
            X