Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Na'vi River Journey - Highligts

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Na'vi River Journey - Highligts

Inside The Magic posted a video with the "highlights" of the Na'vi River Journey at Pandora:

Breakdown:

1. Lots of screens
    2. Boring
    3. One cool AA.
    4. Boring.

Pandora looks like it's mostly ambiance rides with a few cool animatronics scattered throughout though I haven't seen the Flying ride and the whole area so far looks like filler to give guests more to do. Pandora looks OK but nothing that makes me want to pack my bags and go to Florida immediately.
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

I honestly don't get why people are complaining about this ride? Were they expecting Splash Mountain?

Comment

This area looks awesome and I cannot wait to see it. We have been waiting to go back to WdW after this was completed and now we are going in Nov!!!!
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Amazing animatronc but WAYYYYY too realistic. Like as if it's going to stand up and walk into my boat. Maybe some people will like that, but it makes me uncomfortable with its uncanny valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectacular View Post
            I honestly don't get why people are complaining about this ride? Were they expecting Splash Mountain?
            For me I was expecting something to stand out to me I was actually hoping at least one thing to go wrong or at least have an ending that gives purpose to the cruise other then Look at this cool animatronic isn't it cool the ride just didn't do anything for me.
            Originally posted by micromind
            Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

I think it looks nice, this is probably one of those rides which is better when you are on it rather than seeing it on a video. It reminds me of an updated version of the Mexico boat ride with film and sets etc. I'm surprised the boats are so little though and not the standard Disney sized boats from small world etc

Comment

Originally posted by Spectacular View Post
                I don't mind slow rides at all. What I do expect is just something a bit more...it will be very pretty undoubtedly but at the same time I feel like there could have been more done. Look to other slow rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, etc. All of these are slow rides where you are supposed to take in the themeing and atmosphere. But the difference is just how engaged you are as a rider in the atmosphere. This ride feels fine, but to me feels more like a queue atmosphere than an actual ride atmosphere. The scenery looks amazing but will start to look pretty samey by the end, there really isn't much to "do" per say, and the one impressive animatronic is just that; one. The ride looks pretty but isn't engaging in the slightest.

Total Tender Rides: 20
                Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
                Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
                Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

Comment

I'm hearing a lot about uncanny valley when it comes to this animatronic. I don't think so, I don't think it's quite at that level but I think that's a personal assessment. This looks like one of those attractions you can't fully appreciate until you are immersed in it, actually ON the ride, not watching a video on YouTube. I hope to be back at WDW within the next year to get that experience. Until then, it's just hard to tell much except to say it looks pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post
                    I'm hearing a lot about uncanny valley when it comes to this animatronic. I don't think so, I don't think it's quite at that level but I think that's a personal assessment. This looks like one of those attractions you can't fully appreciate until you are immersed in it, actually ON the ride, not watching a video on YouTube. I hope to be back at WDW within the next year to get that experience. Until then, it's just hard to tell much except to say it looks pretty.
                    That's the unfortunate side to technology today as many can't wait to see something & get an neutered idea instead. This ride is supposed to be a 360 type of ride, I can imagine after walking through the land this ride would seem like the perfect appetizer or dessert. One of my problems about watching Gringotts on YouTube. Yes it's all screens but the size and crystal clear projections made me forget I was even looking at a projection. My mouth was completely open in awe during the final dragon scene, something YouTube can't even come close to matching.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post

That's the unfortunate side to technology today as many can't wait to see something & get an neutered idea instead. This ride is supposed to be a 360 type of ride, I can imagine after walking through the land this ride would seem like the perfect appetizer or dessert. One of my problems about watching Gringotts on YouTube. Yes it's all screens but the size and crystal clear projections made me forget I was even looking at a projection. My mouth was completely open in awe during the final dragon scene, something YouTube can't even come close to matching.
                      Gringotts is a really fun attraction. The way the vehicles move is super awesome too. That's another thing; you can't experience the movement, the feeling by looking at a YouTube video.

It's like I reserved judgement until I went on the new Kong ride in USO and determined is was total crap with the exception of the huge animatronic at the end (honestly the animatronic was unreal how great it looked).

Comment

A lot of reaction on this is going to likely be how you view the source material - pretty much the same for the land. If you view it as one of Cameron's masterworks you'll probably love it. If you view it as "Dances with Smurfs", chances are you're probably going to experience less joy in the Land. Personally, I found it boring - but that also defines my reaction to the movie, so it's consistent with the source material on that point. I'm guessing if you loved Avatar, your mileage is definitely going to vary.
                        Account abandoned due to trolls

Comment

Originally posted by StickyFrenchToast View Post
                          I ignorantly railed against the broken Yeti for years. Then when I saw it for about 2 seconds I thought "Cool!" (Forgive me, Disney.) I knew it must have been much, much better when it moved, but after seeing it in person--or in monster--I decided that spending millions to fix it might be taking $ from where it could be better spent. So, I agree, you have to see these attractions in person.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post

I ignorantly railed against the broken Yeti for years. Then when I saw it for about 2 seconds I thought "Cool!" (Forgive me, Disney.) I knew it must have been much, much better when it moved, but after seeing it in person--or in monster--I decided that spending millions to fix it might be taking $ from where it could be better spent. So, I agree, you have to see these attractions in person.
                            I agree with everything you said. I'll even take it to the point where if they do decide to update the attraction, they should just leave the yeti as he is and create a new one somewhere more visible. Considering every single effect on that ride doesn't work but projection, spending the budget on new "gags" would benefit the ride way more than using the budget to fix that yeti.

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post

I agree with everything you said. I'll even take it to the point where if they do decide to update the attraction, they should just leave the yeti as he is and create a new one somewhere more visible. Considering every single effect on that ride doesn't work but projection, spending the budget on new "gags" would benefit the ride way more than using the budget to fix that yeti.
                              I think that they should projection map some animation and movement on the old yeti, very cost-effective solution!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X