Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

World of Pandora is better than Harry Potter.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post

Cars is not in the same category as Avatar at all. Cars is an absolutely massive merchandise seller. That's why they picked it for the land and why it's getting a third movie. With Avatar, I agree, it clearly doesn't have the audience of these other major franchises and isn't a big merchandise seller and even if it were Disney doesn't own it. It's an odd choice since it doesn't have so many of the qualities that Disney usually looks for except for a big box office haul. I've always though that it actually would be a really cool theme park land and it does look really beautiful and unique and I do want to see it, but it's not something that I just have to see. But in spite of all that, I think this will be a huge help to AK and make it vastly better and more complete park and draw a lot of guests. This will add two new rides that fill out the overall ride lineup much better and the area will be a huge nighttime draw and completely change the profitability of the park. So my guess is it will be seen as a success by Disney.
    I don't really see many rave about Cars. I understand Cars is a popular product for young boys, like Jack Sparrow, so those merchandise sales. I do think if there was a poll many would choose many other movies before the Cars franchise. I could be wrong though as I'm not around many children. Luckily Disney did their job as even though I don't care for the movie, the quality of the land & RSR make Radiator Springs a must visit. I do think if SWL & Potter havd the luck of already having the want even if the quality doesn't deliver. I do think it will be hard to parents to say no to their children for those Avatar sales especially a few hours into the area.

Pandora looks to have the same effect for me. I seen the movie once, no urge to see it right away. The land is already gorgeous with two rides, if those sequels do make an impact this might be more of a success today, an even-bigger future investment tomorrow situation. If they close down Great Movie Ride, Sigourney Weaver is going to need a new home.

Comment

I have a feeling that Cameron is quite serious about his sequel/prequel films coming in 2018, ...no, 2019, no, 2020, no, 2021...
      Not really a fan of the man himself, but he consistently (and eventually) makes massively successful projects.
      If/when those other Avatar projects appear, i think Pandora has a solid future.
      Plus, even if they don't, Animal Kingdom can use the night-time draw.
      At this point, I'd never bet against Cameron. But then again, I also rave about Cars.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

By what measure is the Fantasyland Expansion a failure?

I was just referring to the quality of the lands, you are correct in that marketability is another issue entirely.
        More than a failure, a missed opportunity:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201212/3289/
        Is that DiSnEylAnD? This is so cool!!!!

Comment

I'm sure Pandora looks great but I'll forever be on team "shoulda been Beastly Kingdom".

Nothing wrong with a franchise land but I think they could have done far better than Avatar, a franchise whose timelessness (even with possible sequels) cannot be guaranteed at this point. (It just screamed desperate Disney.) Plus, it's not about being a movie franchise land but rather, what guests want to experience. Experiencing a Harry Potter land is a no-brainer. Nothing can beat it in my opinion. Star Wars will come close. Who the heck has wanted to experience Belle's Village? :S I can understand Beast's castle, but come on...

I also think Beastly Kingdom would have far more appeal and consistency with the rest of the park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X