Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edited: TRON coaster coming to MK

Quick question: with the rumors that the TRON coaster may be borrowed from Shanghai DL and inserted into Tomorrowland at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom here in the states; would it be a better fit over at EPCOT? There rumors the Universe of Energy / Ellen's Energy adventure was being shuttered and revamped into a Guardians of the Galaxy Ride seems to have died down, so why not use that space for Tron? Or better yet, use the existing Wonders of Life Pavilion and modify it to adapt the coaster.

Thematically, it seems that TRON might "fit" better at EPCOT.... any thoughts?

P.S. I rode UOE at EPCOT for the first time in forever (hah) this February. How long has the Ellen animatronic been gone?

I would appreciate a TRON area in any park that was enclosed so that it could be properly implemented. Imagine an area enclosed to simulate the grid and put the coaster in there as well as a could other attractions. And yes this could go in EPCOT IMO.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

Probably. I think if they made that part of Future World a Tron themed area it would be cool. Test Track already looks like it belongs in the Universe. I feel like it wouldn't really fit well in the Magic Kingdom.

Comment

I agree with you Chris. A preshow with educational elements centered around computers, followed by a thrill ride, would be a great fit for Epcot.

Comment

Originally posted by BW1 View Post
          I agree with you Chris. A preshow with educational elements centered around computers, followed by a thrill ride, would be a great fit for Epcot.
          This is so easy to pull off, but I wouldn't make it Tron-based. In the pre-show you follow a new character that is an inventor who is looking for a new source of sustainable energy. You see him/her working through final calculations and design of their experiment. Then someone who is sitting in the pre-show queue is invited to pull the lever/hit the button to make the experiment run. Hooray it worked! Now we get to test its potential to power up a machine. They put it into the light cycle that we get to ride.

Comment

Comment

The latest version of Test Track is very Tron-esque, so I don't know they need it at Epcot, and Tomorrowland at both MK and DL would be a tough fit I think in terms of the available space, but the Hollywood Studios is going to have a lot of room when the Star Wars Launch Bay (former Animation buildings) are no longer needed, and California Adventure could probably fit it in depending on how much space Marvel takes over... but if CA is getting Marvel maybe the Hollywood Studios gets Tron

Comment

If it had to be in Epcot, I wouldn't mind seeing it go near Test Track so at least there's some visual continuity. It would fit better at MK IMO, I'd rather not see IPs get pushed into Epcot unless they really fit the area/pavilion's theme.

Comment

I think it would be better at MK. It's similar to Test Track in terms of appearance, and that could potentially confuse guests if they are put right next to each other.

Comment

I would think it fits better at the Magic Kingdom. It's more fantasy and sadly Tomorrowland at Disney World no longer fits the realities of the future. I'm still all for it though!
                    Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Well this is very interesting
                      We first brought you the rumor that something was planned for the Universe of Energy pavilion almost a year ago. Although the plans seem to have been ...

Comment

Originally posted by chris2fett View Post
                        The headline is a little misleading since the permit isn't for work on the actual pavilion, but instead to re-route some canals for make room for possible changes back stage. This does seem to point to something happening with Energy but exactly what and when is still up in the air.

Comment

As long as there's a TRON ride somewhere, I'm perfectly fine to be honest! But I do think Tomorrowland makes sense.
                          "Laugh it up, fuzzball."

Comment

Originally posted by JediAshley View Post
                            As long as there's a TRON ride somewhere, I'm perfectly fine to be honest! But I do think Tomorrowland makes sense.
                            I agree! It would be awesome to have in any park, just seems to fit better at the Magic Kingdom! Plus they could use a new e-ticket with some actual THRILL!
                            Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Originally posted by chris2fett View Post
                              Supposedly, Ellen is going to go and the pavilion will either be knocked down or expanded backwards. The replacement is rumored to be a Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster (which could actually kinda fit the "energy" theme). Comcast is apparently willing to lease/sell the rights for Guardians to Disney because they are not present in UOR. The rest of Marvel is staying at UOR.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X