Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

First Look at Pandora

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look at Pandora

Youtube channel "adamthetracker", who produces several high quality theme park-related videos, has recently uploaded a video of his preview of Pandora. He rode both rides in their entirety (no B-mode) and had a chance to see the land in operational mode.

[video=youtube;2GA63tGS6Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GA63tGS6Is[/video]

Takeaways:

Navi River Journey:

- Queue with BLACKLIGHTS AND SPEAKERS!!
    - Underwhelming, 3-minute long ride with screens that are evident screens. As we know, one AA at the end.

Flight of the Banshee:

- One AA in the queue. Glorified science experiments everywhere too!
    - Soarin 2.0 - a simulated movement movie in IMAX format with sensorial elements such as wind and smells. 3D.
    - Seats are just bike-like, dispelling the rumours of riding a banshee and the picture of the Imagineer allegedly riding an AA banshee himself. The Banshee "breaths" with some inflatable device on your legs.
    - A slight update to the 1980's Back To The Future?

Theming

-Pretty good theming with a backstory, if you care for it. Should be pretty attractive at night with bioluminescence and illuminations.

I am less convinced than I was at the start. I -kind of- gave this place the benefit of the doubt, but a C and D ticket around a dead franchise just have no appeal to me whatsoever.

PS: Remember when DCA 1.0 opened and people said they cried during Soaring because of how that was the highlight and it was just so amazing? Yeah...

PS.S: Has anyone heard about Nintendo World at Universal? Can't wait!

Starts
    05-10-2017 08:00 PM
    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever". - Walt Disney :ap:

I really cannot help but being salty about this. I have literally waited for YEARS for the next TOT or Indiana Jones Adventure, and all we have gotten is a New Fantasyland made of Clones and Restaurants (and one last minute "savior" ride), more clones, more clones, and this. I have NO reasons whatsoever to return to Orlando until Star Wars Land, and even then, it will be a Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure vacation with probably half a day at the DHS.
    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever". - Walt Disney :ap:

Comment

Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post
      Youtube channel "adamthetracker", who produces several high quality theme park-related videos, has recently uploaded a video of his preview of Pandora. He rode both rides in their entirety (no B-mode) and had a chance to see the land in operational mode.

[video=youtube;2GA63tGS6Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GA63tGS6Is[/video]

Takeaways:

Navi River Journey:

- Queue with BLACKLIGHTS AND SPEAKERS!!
      - Underwhelming, 3-minute long ride with screens that are evident screens. As we know, one AA at the end.

Flight of the Banshee:

- One AA in the queue. Glorified science experiments everywhere too!
      - Soarin 2.0 - a simulated movement movie in IMAX format with sensorial elements such as wind and smells. 3D.
      - Seats are just bike-like, dispelling the rumours of riding a banshee and the picture of the Imagineer allegedly riding an AA banshee himself. The Banshee "breaths" with some inflatable device on your legs.
      - A slight update to the 1980's Back To The Future?

Theming

-Pretty good theming with a backstory, if you care for it. Should be pretty attractive at night with bioluminescence and illuminations.

I am less convinced than I was at the start. I -kind of- gave this place the benefit of the doubt, but a C and D ticket around a dead franchise just have no appeal to me whatsoever.

PS: Remember when DCA 1.0 opened and people said they cried during Soaring because of how that was the highlight and it was just so amazing? Yeah...

PS.S: Has anyone heard about Nintendo World at Universal? Can't wait!
      Opinions on Navi River journey have been consistently mediocre although they are understating the length. A few full ride through videos have been posted and it times out to about 5 minutes with the boat moving the whole time.

As for Flight of Passage, most the other reviews I have seen are much more positive then this, some saying it's one of Disney's best rides to date. I have also seen nothing by high praise for the theming.

We will have to wait until the actual opening to get a wide range of opinions.

Comment

I had slight doubts about how this would fit into Animal Kingdom but it looks like it fits in flawlessly. I love all the plant life.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

Opinions on Navi River journey have been consistently mediocre although they are understating the length. A few full ride through videos have been posted and it times out to about 5 minutes with the boat moving the whole time.

As for Flight of Passage, most the other reviews I have seen are much more positive then this, some saying it's one of Disney's best rides to date. I have also seen nothing by high praise for the theming.

We will have to wait until the actual opening to get a wide range of opinions.

I dont see how a screen-based simulator could ever be on par with 60's wonders such as Pirates and Mansion, 80' genuous lile horizons and Journey into Imagination, or 90's showstoppers like Indy or Tot.

Comment

I dont see how a screen-based simulator could ever be on par with 60's wonders such as Pirates and Mansion, 80' genuous lile horizons and Journey into Imagination, or 90's showstoppers like Indy or Tot.
            Rides like Transformers and Spiderman are a good path forward while still being the start of the journey. They're still not at (IMO) the correct balance of "real" vs. "movie", but there's definitely room to use projection screen technology in E-ticket situations alongside full practical animatronics and sets.
            Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

I think there is plenty of room for diversity in ride systems. A screen based simulator like Flight of Passage can give you a ride experience that you can't get with other ride systems.

Comment

We're really excited to see what it has to offer. From what we've seen it looks gorgeous and have heard great things about the area.
                Theme Park Brews - Where theme parks are just half the fun!

http://youtube.com/ThemeParkBrews

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X