Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Can I do Magic Kingdom in a half a day

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I do Magic Kingdom in a half a day

I have a flight into Orlando tomorrow, scheduled to land at 5:52 PM. If I am lucky it will land around 5:30 PM. Can I get off the plane, in a rental car, and to the Magic Kingdom in time to make it worth going ? Any tips to make this a reasonable goal? I figure 4 hours makes a $120 ticket worth it, but even if I can get to the parking lot by 6:15, how long would it take me to get into the actual park?

It honestly sounds like a lot to me. You would have to hope things go foolproof for you. Between the plane, picking up the rental, Disneyworld being a huge city, waiting for a ferry/monorail, it is a lot to hope for. If I were to do all that and make it to the MK I personal would feel a bit, erratic. Especially with the feeling that I have to continue to rush to enjoy the little time in the parks. And I'm guessing you haven't been to the parks before either? It helps to be familiar as DW is huge. For example, my first visit we came back around 5-6.30pm. They apparently close the monorail at some time, not sure if it continues, & we just missed the ferry. Luckily the ferry boats move fast if they are running two but the whole journey took about 40 since we had to take a tram from where we parked to get there. So different from DLR or Universal Orlando in terms terms of how close everything is. I do believe WDW has a preferred parking or something similar I would suggest looking into.

I would say FP+ is your true friend in this sceneario but I'm not sure how many are available last minute as I always booked mines they day the were made available. You can book three rides, therefore using your free time for the rides you shouldn't book (high capacity like Pirates or HM). I always picked a night ride for Space, Seven Dwarfs, & BTM. There's always that ride you can hop into a few minutes before closing as well so it doesn't interfere.
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 06-17-2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Short answer: NO!!!!!
      Long answer: Yes, you could, theoretically, do Magic Kingdom in a half day with well planned fast passes and proper utilization of reservations at restaurants. If you were to do all this you could experience the "on-paper" details of the Magic Kingdom that being rides and some of the food experiences, but to fully experience EVERYTHING the Magic Kingdom has to offer you require at least one full day.

Comment

When you fly to MCO you have to take a shuttle from the terminal into the transportation area. It took us about 45 minutes from touchdown to get there. Getting your rental car will take 20-30 minutes to get sorted out. Then it's about 30-45 minutes from the airport to WDW. At that point you'll have to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center to take the monorail into the Magic Kingdom. That will take another 10 minutes minimum. After that you'll have to go through security checks to get into the park. It's hard to imagine you getting into the park by any earlier than 7-7:30. Things always take longer than you think they will.

Magic Kingdom usually closes at 10. Maybe if you can get an extra magic hours day where it closes late then you could hit a few rides in 4-5 hours, especially if you're efficient with fastpasses. Most rides should have pretty short standby wait times. If you really want to pay for a full day ticket + parking for that experience then it's up to you. However, I wouldn't recommend planning on it.

Comment

Listen to Co Foo on those times. Honestly I think that you'd be looking at getting into the park at 7:30-8. Even if you managed on your times (which really aren't workable), you would see very little during that time and would miss a huge amount of the park. There won't be fast passes available at that time of the day- they'll be distributed long before your arrival, and there will still likely be fairly long lines at most of the attractions. Lots of rushing, lots of stress, for very little reward.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X