Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Too big for space?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too big for space?

Hello, I've never been to Disney world only disneyland, this is 2 questions the first question is if I buy 1 ticket to one park do I need a magic band

the second question is I'm 6 3 and a little over 300 lbs I'm obviously a big dude, how difficult would it be to fit in a space mountain train, I don't ride matterhorn anymore because they went to individual seating, lap sitting trains gave me more space. I really want to experience their space mountain

Sorry if this is a late reply, real life has kept me away from the boards recently.

1) My understanding is no, Magic Bands are not required. If you buy a ticket, you will get a card, which can then be used at the gate.

2) Being 6' 4" and around 360, I asked this type of question years ago when I first joined MiceChat. The answer is no, you are not too big.
    Personally, I don't like Space Mountain, I think its too jerky. But what I did is asked to sit in the front of the car as it has more leg room.
    But even there, my shins were up against the molding of the car, and with all the jerking of the ride, caused some pain.
    But overall I still gotta say the same thing I years ago.
    I went to WDW and the most cramped ride I got on was the airplane.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe User 99 View Post
      Sorry if this is a late reply, real life has kept me away from the boards recently.

1) My understanding is no, Magic Bands are not required. If you buy a ticket, you will get a card, which can then be used at the gate.

2) Being 6' 4" and around 360, I asked this type of question years ago when I first joined MiceChat. The answer is no, you are not too big.
      Personally, I don't like Space Mountain, I think its too jerky. But what I did is asked to sit in the front of the car as it has more leg room.
      But even there, my shins were up against the molding of the car, and with all the jerking of the ride, caused some pain.
      But overall I still gotta say the same thing I years ago.
      I went to WDW and the most cramped ride I got on was the airplane.
      Correct on #1, you either need a card or a magic band. The card give you most (park entry, fastpass+, charging) features of the magic band, but you don't get things like automatically connect ride photos to your photopass account. I personally was skeptical about the magic bands, but you just can't beat the convenience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
        Hello, I've never been to Disney world only disneyland, this is 2 questions the first question is if I buy 1 ticket to one park do I need a magic band

the second question is I'm 6 3 and a little over 300 lbs I'm obviously a big dude, how difficult would it be to fit in a space mountain train, I don't ride matterhorn anymore because they went to individual seating, lap sitting trains gave me more space. I really want to experience their space mountain
        You dont need a magic band, but after using one I can say it is much more convenient than pulling out a AP or ticket constantly, so I would just splurge and buy a plain one if you arent getting a free one for staying at a resort.
        The cars on WDW's Space Mountain are the exact same cars as the Matterhorn except they have a bar that comes down instead of a seatbelt to secure you in the card. I personally feel like this makes it seem like there is less room. That being said, you wont know until you try it!

Comment

Originally posted by superlarz View Post

You dont need a magic band, but after using one I can say it is much more convenient than pulling out a AP or ticket constantly, so I would just splurge and buy a plain one if you arent getting a free one for staying at a resort.
          The cars on WDW's Space Mountain are the exact same cars as the Matterhorn except they have a bar that comes down instead of a seatbelt to secure you in the card. I personally feel like this makes it seem like there is less room. That being said, you wont know until you try it!
          I agree with everything here. I actually think that Space Mountain has more room in the front seat than Matterhorn does, but I'm just under 6' and my brother is 6'1" and we mostly fit. On our most recent trip I already had a Magic Band, but my brother and mom both got their own just because they wanted the convenience after seeing me waltz onto every ride while they dug through their pockets.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X