Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the "least", I should carry around Disney World, so I don't get bogged down?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the "least", I should carry around Disney World, so I don't get bogged down?

I am visiting the World in just about three weeks. If I carry too much around the parks, I will definitely get a backache, and it will slow me down for sure.

Do you frequent visitors to the park have a list of what to carry to the parks, and what to definitely leave behind at the hotel?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: What's the "least", I should carry around Disney World, so I don't get bogged dow

I have a camera backpack that I use. Besides my camera stuff I just put some sunscreen in there. Otherwise it's just what I put in my pockets daily (ID, credit card, money).

Comment

Re: What's the "least", I should carry around Disney World, so I don't get bogged dow

I usually only bring my Annual Passport, Credit Card, Room Key* and sometimes a camera.

*If you are staying on property you can use your Room Key as your admission media and a charge card. However, some smaller locations, like ODV, do not accept the room cards.

Comment

Wallet, ticket, money, hand sanitizer, chappy, camera and sometimes a poncho, umbrella, and light zipup hoodie.
        Last edited by BigPigletFan; 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM. Reason: how could I forget the hand sanitizer on this list?!

Comment

A pen, sounds silly but you don't know how many times I have needed one and not just for character autographs. LOL

My list of must haves:

Hat
          Pen
          Cell Phone
          AP
          Credit Card
          Hanging Neck Purse (it's a small card holder that hangs around my neck, holds everything small and you don't have to go through bag check. )
          Camera
          Extra Batteries

I try to avoid any bag at all, if your worried about rain, what I do is bring all of my items with me and when I get inside, ask for a bag from the merchant CM's, I've never been told I couldn't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post
            I am visiting the World in just about three weeks. If I carry too much around the parks, I will definitely get a backache, and it will slow me down for sure.

Do you frequent visitors to the park have a list of what to carry to the parks, and what to definitely leave behind at the hotel?

Cell phone
            Small camera that fits in my pocket
            Requred "cards" (admission, room key, DDE, DVC, etc)
            Glasses
            Depending on the weather, a rain jacket (It folds down into a small package, I COULD wear it on my belt, but thats not my cup of tea, so I just carry it)

-dave
            "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
            "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

My backpack with sunscreen, hand sanitizer, baby wipes, glasses wipes, poncho, wallet, AP, camera with extra batteries, and cell phone.
              :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
              Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

I like to carry a small back pack. I try to go as minimal as possible with a wallet, lipstick, baby wipes and hand sanitizer (need both), water bottle and diapers.

You may not need the diapers.

Comment

i use a scooter so i don't have to carry things but the minimum we have brought is
                  passes or room keys
                  hat
                  sunscreen
                  extra cash
                  camera
                  batteries
                  all that could fit in my son's camera bag.
                  oh and if it's going to rain we bring fold up ponchos that we buy and walmart for about a buck a piece.

Comment

Everyone has basically covered it, but I'll put my list up as well :-)

-Cash
                    -Camera
                    -Sunscreen
                    -Poncho ( depending on weather )
                    -Autograph book/pen ( if you're an autograph person )
                    -Park Ticket
                    -Room Key
                    -Hat
                    -Batteries ( depending on what you bring - camera, etc. )
                    -Hand wipes/sanitizer
                    -Happy Attitude

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann View Post

All the advice given to you was good. However, if for some reason you have to carry more, they do have lockers for you convenience at the front of each park. Myself, I carry what will fit in a fanny pack and that's it. Also, you will find that not all cell phones will work in the park due to the security walkie talkies...they interfere with the signals.

Comment

I have a messenger bag I use and carry the following in it:

park ticket/room key
                        a small wallet
                        camera
                        small umbrella (if the forecast calls for more than a 50% chance of rain)
                        Wonderpup/Snacks (whoever is with me on that trip)

Comment

Its amazing how much things have changed over the years...

Pre-Kid: A small hip pack with sunglasses, sunscreen, money, roomkey, ID, and credit card. Wore a hat and camera that was it.

Now: Backpack with the following - Water (2L camel pack), snacks, glucose tabs/glucose pen, glucose meter, lancets, test strips, dry socks, moleskin and band aides for blisters, Pal Mickey, various lenses for Digital SLR, Monopod, sunscreen, sunglasses, ID, credit card, room key/tickets. PR reservations, pen, paper, small first aide kit, Hat, and cool wrap.

A loving (to the point of nagging sometimes ) wife and clumsy daughter really add to the load...
                          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

The only non-obvious things not to forget

- sunscreen
                            - hat if that fits your style
                            - sunglasses
                            - poncho if rain is possible (depends much on the season/forecast). People often underestimate florida rain and don't realize when it rains it can be like being under a fire hose (this affects shoe selection too depending on time of year)

To 'operate' in the park all you really need is a credit card and your ticket media (be it AP, room key, or paper tickets).

The rest are just personal prefs
                            - camera (make sure your memory card is empty and you have a full charge or extra batteries)
                            - water bottle / small snacks
                            - phone
                            - autograph books+pens
                            - mp3 player for waiting in line

I've always found the trip more enjoyable the less you bring. The only 'necessities' are those to deal with the sun, rain, and walking.
                            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

For seven days I hauled around my wallet, my cell phone, and my room key (which was also the ticket and a charge card of sorts). We'd get a bag from one of the stores and carry the kids' autograph books around in that. Sometimes I'd carry it; sometimes my wife carried it.

She carried her purse which contains only the provisions that would be necessary if we were lost on a Caribbean island with no rescue in sight. Well, those things and a camera.

Comment

In WDW, I always wear cargo pants (or cargo shorts) and in the pockets I have:

-Room key (which is also a park pass/charge card)
                                -ID card
                                -Rental car keys
                                -cell phone
                                -camera
                                -poncho (I buy the 'trash bag' style ones from the dollar store. They are smaller than a wallet before you use them. I only use them once.)

My wife brings a much smaller purse than she uses at home. It's so small that it can fit it in my pocket and we can go through the "no bag" security lines.
                                sigpic
                                Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

copy some from wdw girl
                                  -Cash
                                  -Camera
                                  -Sunscreen
                                  -Poncho ( depending on weather )
                                  -Autograph book/pen ( if you're an autograph person )
                                  -Park Ticket
                                  -Room Key
                                  -Hat
                                  -Batteries ( depending on what you bring - camera, etc. )
                                  - Memory card for Camera
                                  -Hand wipes/sanitizer
                                  -Happy Attitude
                                  - credit card
                                  - discount cards (DVC, dds)
                                  -strap bag for water bottle
                                  - old age Read glass
                                  -sun glass
                                  -cell phone

use a side bag or small backpack.

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                  Older photo
                                  New Photo

Member of
                                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                                  Next trip
                                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

You could probably get away with just a hat, room key/ticket/credit card, cash, camera, and cell phone.
                                    I, however, don't know how to pack light, so I lug around an additional camera lens, autograph book, pen, chapstick, lipstick, water, and a light sweatshirt. The security guys at bag check love me!
                                    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                                    - Walt Disney

Comment

I hate carrying things, I'd rather improvise then have to carry stuff around all day. Here is my list...

- wallet with cards (debit, CM ID, blue pass, tickets... etc)
                                      - cell phone
                                      - sunglasses

That's it! Put on sunscreen before you leave, take pictures on your phone and get under cover when it rains!

Comment

In my little pink backpack i have:

Wallet (actually a small pouch with essentials)
                                        Camera
                                        Phone
                                        Poncho
                                        Wet Ones/Sanitizer
                                        Small thing of face sunscreen (dependent on season)
                                        Tylenol/Excedrin
                                        Chappy
                                        Moleskin
                                        Blister Stick & Bandaids
                                        Pen
                                        Spare sandals (for rain)
                                        My other shoe inserts
                                        Powdered water flavor things

I have two little mesh pockets on both sides of my pack. In one i have my small umbrella, the other has a refillable water bottle.

Oh and I attach a visor to one of the side straps.

I've found all of that to fit nicely in my bag, and not be too heavy. I've used every single thing in it at one point.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X