Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long will Disney take to build the Tron ride clone at WDW?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will Disney take to build the Tron ride clone at WDW?

I could be wrong, but it seems like Universal has been quicker at building attractions than Disney has under Iger. Disney has already built this cool Tron coaster in Shanghai, so building a replica in Orlando should be faster than constructing the original. At D23 (in July of 2017), Disney announced many cool attractions, though some like Ratatouille at EPCOT are not original, which gives Disney fans fewer reasons to visit more parks around the world.

If we could send people to the moon, Disney COULD construct this Tron attraction before 2019. Even if it required three 8-hour shifts each day, this might be the smartest move since the sooner this excellent attraction is built the sooner the parks start earning more $$$ from it. But does Iger want to increase Disney's expenses by building this more quickly than 4 or 5 years? With all due respect to "Soarin' in Avatarland" & DCA's Cars Land, Iger is far short of Walt Disney, or (in his first 10 years with Frank Wells), Eisner as a go-getter in making amazing new attractions at America's Disney parks.
    Disney will open Tron at WDW before the summer of 2018! GO BOB!!!
    0%
    Before 2019.
    3.57%
    Before the summer of 2019.
    14.29%
    Before 2020.
    14.29%
    Before the summer of 2020.
    7.14%
    Before WDW's 50th Anniversary in 2021.
    42.86%
    Before the summer of 2021.
    14.29%
    Under Slow Bob, this won't open for 5 years till summer of 2022.
    3.57%

They haven't filed any permits yet (as far as I know) so I wonder if it won't be until 2018 until they start construction.
    I want a refund

Comment

Less than 2 years? I like your optimism, TDRFAN25!

Comment

Before the 50th. They announced it as such so I don't see them speeding it up for any reason.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

So this became news from Disney last July.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-world-resort/

Took me by surprise. I only found out a couple days ago. So none of the 8 choices fit. We needed one.... two above from the last - ON WDW's 50th anniversary - Oct 2021.

For a very long time ... I wondered why the company never thought to build outside the railroad tracks. WDW's TL is the one TL that can easily be the biggest of all of them. So .. I'm partially pleased. Glad a new ride comes into TL that doesn't replace something older. If it has to be an I.P. Tron is the one. At least it's not a cartoon! But what I don't see in the artwork is the Peoplemover making a trip through the showbuilding. Half the beauty of the PM ... is seeing previews of the attractions.

And like the rest of you ... I find it odd this is going to take close to 4 years to build ... when they got all of Shanghai's R&D squared away.

In the time period they work on pre-production .. before they break ground ... I hope they design the PM to go into it. And not do an exact copy of the exterior to Shanghai's. It should be a bit different.

Makes me wonder if a third version would be heading toward the west coast!
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Thanks, Tomorrowland1967!
            Yes, I botched that poll.
            Maybe they're spending 4 years because it seems less expensive and the cost is spread out over a longer time.
            But if they built it quickly they'd get a big boost in attendance sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
              Thanks, Tomorrowland1967!
              Yes, I botched that poll.
              Maybe they're spending 4 years because it seems less expensive and the cost is spread out over a longer time.
              But if they built it quickly they'd get a big boost in attendance sooner.
              Already getting attendance boosts from Toy Story Land this year, Star wars Land next year, Ratataouille, Guardians coaster...then Tron They have something to make people show up to the parks to try pretty much every year till 2021...

I'm thinking end of 2020.
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

Drove past the site late last week and some work is happening along the north side next to the pond. I can't tell if they are just moving utilities or starting to clear.

Comment

Try not to forget that the very last thing that MK really needs is more people in it. They don't need to draw more into the park which is why it surprised me that they even decided to put that ride in MK. I think it is slated for 2020, but, I could be wrong on that. I'm using my memory and it is getting to the point where my mind is steel sieve. Either way, they certainly don't need it until there are things to do in the other parks. So, I don't expect them to be in a rush, but, let's, at least, admit that in some cases that have a good reason for their madness. Hopefully, we can eventually dispel that erroneous excuse that it is to spread the cost out longer. No one has ever benefited from that philosophy.

Comment

Keep in mind about the weather here in Florida. It can cause delays to construction cause its unpredictable. But that could also be the reason why they try to rush construction. I hate it when they rush it, cause thats when mistakes happen.
                    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Goofyernmost View Post
                      Try not to forget that the very last thing that MK really needs is more people in it. They don't need to draw more into the park which is why it surprised me that they even decided to put that ride in MK.
                      True. But at the same time with the crowds that are already in the park, they need other places, rides, and attractions for them to go to, to help spread them out and get them off the walkways a bit. I don't think the crowd levels are going to be going down, so what else can they do to disperse them some? That's also why I'm really hoping that the theater they had talked about still moves forward, as they've put themselves into a position where they need more attractions now.

Comment

Working...
                      X