Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

How long will Disney take to build the Tron ride clone at WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will Disney take to build the Tron ride clone at WDW?

I could be wrong, but it seems like Universal has been quicker at building attractions than Disney has under Iger. Disney has already built this cool Tron coaster in Shanghai, so building a replica in Orlando should be faster than constructing the original. At D23 (in July of 2017), Disney announced many cool attractions, though some like Ratatouille at EPCOT are not original, which gives Disney fans fewer reasons to visit more parks around the world.

If we could send people to the moon, Disney COULD construct this Tron attraction before 2019. Even if it required three 8-hour shifts each day, this might be the smartest move since the sooner this excellent attraction is built the sooner the parks start earning more $$$ from it. But does Iger want to increase Disney's expenses by building this more quickly than 4 or 5 years? With all due respect to "Soarin' in Avatarland" & DCA's Cars Land, Iger is far short of Walt Disney, or (in his first 10 years with Frank Wells), Eisner as a go-getter in making amazing new attractions at America's Disney parks.
    Disney will open Tron at WDW before the summer of 2018! GO BOB!!!
    0%
    Before 2019.
    5.56%
    Before the summer of 2019.
    22.22%
    Before 2020.
    0%
    Before the summer of 2020.
    5.56%
    Before WDW's 50th Anniversary in 2021.
    55.56%
    Before the summer of 2021.
    11.11%
    Under Slow Bob, this won't open for 5 years till summer of 2022.
    0%

They haven't filed any permits yet (as far as I know) so I wonder if it won't be until 2018 until they start construction.
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

Less than 2 years? I like your optimism, TDRFAN25!

Comment

Before the 50th. They announced it as such so I don't see them speeding it up for any reason.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

Ad Widget