• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Imaginationeer
    MiceChat Partner
    • Nov 2006

Yak and Yeti Now Open!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that both the sit-down restaurant and the counter service location at the Yak and Yeti restaurant in Animal Kingdom are now open. www.wdwnewstoday.com will have pictures and information later tonight.

So is anyone else surprised that they made the second deadline???
    Webmaster of WDW News Today
    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
    Visit us at
  • Grizzly
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2005

Re: Yak and Yeti Now Open!!!

So you can't make Priority Seating arrangements right?

Comment

• BigPigletFan
      I was deleted.
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Grizzly View Post
      So you can't make Priority Seating arrangements right?
      No, you can't do that yet.

I called yesterday and this is what I was told.
      Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
      I tried to make a reservation for it for my January visit but the CM said no, not yet. I asked when and he said he wasn't sure. He paused and then said... "You will probably see the information on unofficial Disney sites first." I bit my tongue. But then he told me Dec 3rd for guests arriving starting Jan 4th.
      So December 3rd will be the day that will begin.

Comment

• Jerren
        Disneyholic
        • Aug 2006

Menu has been posted on the DIS site... http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...taurant.ID=473

Anandapur Yak & Yeti Restaurant MENU
        NOTE: All menu items/prices are subject to change

NOTE: * Indicates buffet item and cost represents total cost of buffet.
        Menu is subject to change.

Lunch (Updated: 11/07)
        Appetizers/Starter

Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickets, shrimp siew mai, cha su bao & pork siew mai steamed on a banana leaf and served with soy lime dipping sauce. - $12.99
        Lettuce Chips - Minced chicken breast, chopped veggies, maple tamarind sauce, and crisp lettuce cups. - $10.99
        Pork Egg Rolls - Served with chili plum dipping sauce. - $7.99
        Pork Pot Stickers - Pan seared or steamed with soy lime dipping sauce. - $7.49
        Prawn Flavored Crisps - Served with peanut sauce. - $4.99
        Seared Ahi Tuna - Chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw. - $9.99
        Steamed Mussels - Fresh Prince Edward Isle black mussels, white wine, lemon grass, and Thai basil-scented broth.
        Wok-Fried Green Beans - Battered green beans with sweet Thai chili sauce. - $6.99

Soups/Salads

House Salad - Romaine and iceberg lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds and sesame dressing. - $5.99
        Mandarin Chicken Salad - Chilled chicken, romaine and iceberg lettuce, Mandarin oranges, almonds, sesame seeds, rice noodles and plum dressing. - $11.99
        Wonton Soup - Pork wontons, clear chicken broth and veggies. - $4.99

Entree/Main Course

Baby Back Ribs - Slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, and sweet chili slaw. - $22.99
        Crispy Honey Chicken - Tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots and honey sauce. - $15.99
        Crispy Mahi Mahi - Filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice and stir-fried veggies. - $19.99
        Duck With Anandapur Glaze - Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $21.99
        Lo Mein - Lo mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions and bean sprouts. Served with chicken $14.99 or with Shrimp $16.99
        Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut-ginger rice, baby bok choy, and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $17.99
        Pho - Lemon grass-scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, and traditional Vietnamese garnishes. - $16.99
        Seared Miso Salmon - Atlantic salmon in a miso glaze, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $20.99
        Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp - Skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried veggies, and chili plum dipping sauce. - $22.99
        Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli - Flank steak, broccoli and a brown sauce. - $16.99
        Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork - Tempura chicken or pork, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, and pineapple. - $15.99
        Tempura Shrimp - Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $18.99

Side Dish

Selection of Sides - Choose from House Stir-Fried Veggies, Pork Egg rolls, and Chicken fried rice for $4.99 each. Wok-fried Green Beans $3.99 and Steamed rice (jasmine or brown) $2.99.

Dinner (Updated: 11/07)
        Appetizers/Starter

Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickets, shrimp siew mai, cha su bao & pork siew mai steamed on a banana leaf and served with soy lime dipping sauce. - $12.99
        Lettuce Chips - Minced chicken breast, chopped veggies, maple tamarind sauce, and crisp lettuce cups. - $10.99
        Pork Egg Rolls - Served with chili plum dipping sauce. - $7.99
        Pork Pot Stickers - Pan seared or steamed with soy lime dipping sauce. - $7.49
        Prawn Flavored Crisps - Served with peanut sauce. - $4.99
        Seared Ahi Tuna - Chilled, sesame-encrusted ahi tuna, wasabi aioli, and sweet chili slaw. - $9.99
        Steamed Mussels - Fresh Prince Edward Isle black mussels, white wine, lemon grass, and Thai basil-scented broth. - $9.99
        Wok-Fried Green Beans - Battered green beans with sweet Thai chili sauce. - $6.99

Soups/Salads

House Salad - Romaine and iceberg lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds and sesame dressing. - $5.99
        Mandarin Chicken Salad - Chilled chicken, romaine and iceberg lettuce, Mandarin oranges, almonds, sesame seeds, rice noodles and plum dressing. - $11.99
        Wonton Soup - Pork wontons, clear chicken broth and veggies. - $4.99

Entree/Main Course

Baby Back Ribs - Slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice, and sweet chili slaw. - $22.99
        Crispy Honey Chicken - Tempura chicken, broccoli, carrots and honey sauce. - $15.99
        Crispy Mahi Mahi - Filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice and stir-fried veggies. - $19.99
        Duck With Anandapur Glaze - Roasted half duckling, orange wasabi glaze, jasmine rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $21.99
        Lo Mein - Lo mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, green onions and bean sprouts. Served with chicken $14.99 or with Shrimp $16.99
        Maple Tamarind Chicken - Seared chicken breast, Indonesian tamarind glaze, coconut-ginger rice, baby bok choy, and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $17.99
        Pho - Lemon grass-scented broth, poached shrimp, rice noodles, and traditional Vietnamese garnishes. - $16.99
        Seared Miso Salmon - Atlantic salmon in a miso glaze, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry. - $20.99
        Shaoxing Steak & Shrimp - Skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried veggies, and chili plum dipping sauce. - $22.99
        Stir-Fried Beef & Broccoli - Flank steak, broccoli and a brown sauce. - $16.99
        Sweet & Sour Chicken or Pork - Tempura chicken or pork, ginger, garlic, bell peppers, and pineapple. - $15.99
        Tempura Shrimp - Chili plum sauce, coconut-ginger rice, and stir-fried veggies. - $18.99

Side Dish

Selection of Sides - Choose from House Stir-Fried Veggies, Pork Egg rolls, and Chicken fried rice for $4.99 each. Wok-fried Green Beans $3.99 and Steamed rice (jasmine or brown) $2.99.

Snack (Updated: 11/07)
        Dessert

Chocolate Brownie Sundae - Chunks of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, and fresh whipped cream. - $7.99 - Chunks of brownie, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauces, and fresh whipped cream. - $7.99
        Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. - $7.99 - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. - $7.99
        Mango Pie - Shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream and a raspberry sauce. - $6.99 - Shortbread cookie crust, fresh whipped cream and a raspberry sauce. - $6.99
        Sorbet - Choose from mango, lemon and raspberry. - $5.99 - Choose from mango, lemon and raspberry. - $5.99
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• sir clinksalot
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2005

Wow, for some reason I wasn't expecting that big of a menu.

Sounds yummy.

Comment

• Jerren
            Disneyholic
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
            Wow, for some reason I wasn't expecting that big of a menu.

Sounds yummy.

Well from what I have read it's not a "Disney" restaurant rather its run but the same parent company as T-Rex and Rain forest Cafe, so that may be the reason for the extensive menu... That or they plan to drop a few of the items depending on how well they sell to theme park guests...
            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

• BigPigletFan
              I was deleted.
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
              Well from what I have read it's not a "Disney" restaurant rather its run but the same parent company as T-Rex and Rain forest Cafe, so that may be the reason for the extensive menu... That or they plan to drop a few of the items depending on how well they sell to theme park guests...
              Yes, I believe they are an Operating Participant like a number of other dining and merchandise locations are.

Thanks for posting the menu!

Comment

• EvilQueenRocks
                Yes?
                • Aug 2006

The menu is much more on the Asian side than I expected for Disney. Good to see they are trying to stay in theme with the surrounding area.
                Originally posted by larasound
                am I the burrito man?

Comment

• nbodyhome
                  Little Miss Sunshine
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
                  Just wanted to let everyone know that both the sit-down restaurant and the counter service location at the Yak and Yeti restaurant in Animal Kingdom are now open. www.wdwnewstoday.com will have pictures and information later tonight.

So is anyone else surprised that they made the second deadline???

Not suprised at all, I was pretty sure last week that they were going to be on schedule. I should have more than 100 photos up in the next hour or so.

I saw Joe Rhode, that was AWESOME! Oh - and the restaurant does NOT take DDE right now. They may not at all.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

• WDW Monorail
                    May the F=ma be with you
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jerren View Post

Yes, it is run by Landrys.
                    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

• tloolgb
                      Internet.Serious Business
                      • May 2005

Eggrolls from counter service = AWESOME

Comment

• sealsm
                        Main Street with a friend
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                        Eggrolls from counter service = AWESOME
                        That's what I was thinking too.
                        "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                        - Walt Disney

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                          Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

too bad the cream cheese wontons aren't from counter service
                          Or just a plain ole appetizer
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• MJMcB
                            We'll hold them at bay
                            • Apr 2006

the menu sounds pretty good.
                            www.jamboeveryone.com
                            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

• WDW Peak Seasons
                              MiceChat Partner Site
                              • Nov 2007

Cant wait to eat there.
                              WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

• wonderlanne
                                Lookingglassland Resident
                                • Oct 2006

hi there:

we were at wdw the week of the yak and yeti opening, but due to the rumors about a delay in opening and the scaffolding, we were uncertain if we'd have the opportunity to try the restaurant. on march 13, while sauntering past, we saw a cast member outside and, behind the temporary topiary, many people in the restaurant! so we asked, and in fact, the cast member said to come back between 11 and 11:30 the next day.

so we did. what a delightful experience! we were about the sixth party seated, and we were seated upstairs (great for viewing a parade, we decided). turns out the green room in the corner had been reserved for disney VIPs, and there was joe rhode with his compatriot designers. they stopped by our table as they walked about and were absolutely charming, and obviously loving their work! joe explained that they thought the echo was too loud, so they would be ordering "gorgeous" rugs from their supplier in afghaistan to hang around the walls, near the ceiling, to absorb some of the sound. we naturally spewed all about our love for the restaurant and the AK park, and they were so gracious and appreciative. imagine all the happy people loving the work you've produced...i don't get that at my work.

anyway, i HIGHLY recommend the wok fried green beans with chili dip. i am vegetarian, so had the vegetable noodle dish, and my boyfriend had the tamarind chicken. we shared the mango pie (unbelievably delish!) for dessert, and let's not forget the yak attack signature drink!!!

go and enjoy!!!

Comment

• nbodyhome
                                  Little Miss Sunshine
                                  • Dec 2005

Thanks for the comment on my site, I wish I'd met them! I was in the green room for a bit, taking photos while Joe and other VIP's were there. I liked the chicken as well, I was afraid that it would have a heavy sauce (it didn't).
                                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

• TheManator
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

Kevin's recent article disappoints me. I don't know if I want to try it out this year

Comment

• jeffrey orl fla
                                      mannequins man
                                      • Jun 2005

I had dinner there Sunday night. The food I had was very good. I also liked the interior design and the sort of modern, yet themed music they had on in the background. There was also a merchandise location with all kinds of stuff that says "Anandapur's Yak and Yeti - Orlando" on it.

Comment

• nbodyhome
                                        Little Miss Sunshine
                                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
                                        Kevin's recent article disappoints me. I don't know if I want to try it out this year
                                        I haven't read the article. I was very happy with my experience there. I DO think the restaurant needs a wider variety of options. It isn't supposed to be (I didn't think) a Chinese restaurant. We've got that already at Disney. I was hoping for Thai, Indian, etc. - lots of variety. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and absolutely well worth a visit. I consider the price comparable vs. other restaurants at Disney, obviously not cheap. I wish they took DDE.

The start of the visit was odd, with them telling us about being in a courtyard of a hotel, etc. It wasn't that I don't think there should be a story, it was just that the hostess seemed to feel stupid saying it, and there wasn't much else to this story. But a lot of money was put into the restaurant, I would say to definitely visit. I wouldn't personally bother with the counter service, there are so few choices - and they are similar to the inside. I was hoping for 2 very different menus too. But again - I would say to go once.
                                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X