Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Hurricane Irma Projected to hit WDW

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Irma Projected to hit WDW

Current projections show Irma hitting Orlando, Monday. Disney World has not yet announced closures as of Thursday.
    Last edited by Spongeocto4; 09-07-2017, 05:30 PM. Reason: Wrong date

The three major amusement parks in Orlando, Florida, are all operating under normal conditions as Hurricane Irma threatens the entire state. Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World said Thursday morning they are monitoring the movement of Irma, but at this point have made no plans to s...

Comment

Disney is closing the Blizzard Beach tomorrow and Fort Wilderness Campgrounds Saturday.

Night of Joy is cancelled on Saturday and Mickey's-Not-So-Scary is cancelled Sunday
      In preparation for Hurricane Irma, Disney has released another update with a revised list of closures for the weekend for both Walt Disney World. As previously reported, Disney is cancelling some special ticketed events and asking Guests to vacate the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds by Saturday at 2:00 p.m. Here’s the official list of closings, updated 9/7/17 at 5 p.m. EST: Walt Disney World Closings Walt Disney World Resort is operating under normal conditions and continues to monitor the path of Hurricane Irma. Please visit Walt Disney World > Frequently Asked Questions > General Questions to view the Hurricane
      Last edited by Spongeocto4; 09-07-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

It's going to likely mean a day of park closures, maybe 2. Guests will be asked to keep sheltered in their rooms or the resorts. And it will ride out the storms and be fine within 24 hours after it passes. It's a speed bump and interruption for Disney, but not much more than that. They've been through this several times before, and everything at Disney is designed with storms like this in mind.

For much of the rest of the state- especially down south where it makes landfall, it's a more serious situation. Keep them in prayer.

Comment

I question that Disney World resort and hotels were designed for a direct Cat 5+ hurricane like Irma. Should be interesting to see.
          I surf MiceChat like I spend my time at Disneyland sitting on the bench and watch the people go by.

Comment

Having to come that far in from the southern tip of Florida will weaken the storm considerably though. It shouldn't hit Orlando with any more than moderate Cat 4 or even Cat 3 strength coming from the south like that.

Comment

Officially closing according to CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hur...est/index.html

Disney World
              • Walt Disney World Resort will close early on Saturday and stay closed through Monday, but resort hotels will remain open.
              • Disney’s Blizzard Beach will be closed Friday through Monday
              • Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will be closed Saturday through Monday
              • ESPN Wide World of Sports will be closed Saturday through Monday
              • Disney’s Animal Kingdom will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
              • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
              • Epcot will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday
              • Epcot will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday (and the evening's fireworks are cancelled) and stay closed through Monday
              • Disney Springs will close at 9 p.m. on Saturday and stay closed through Monday

Universal Studios:
              • The park will close at 7p.m. on Saturday and will remain closed through Monday
              • Officials anticipate the park reopening on Tuesday

These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

My Prayers is with you Florida !
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I live 30 miles from WDW and we were without power for 4 days. I ended up spending 2 nights at All Star Sports to get out of the heat...
                  AKA doombuggy
                  1974 - 1983 WDW day trips * 1992 WDW off site * 1994 WDW Contemporary * 1997 WDW off site * 1997 WDW Polynesian * 1998 DL PAC * 1999 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2000 WDW Coronado/Port Orleans * 2001 WDW off site * 2002 DL Disneyland Hotel * 2002 WDW/Happy Haunts Ball * 2003 WDW Riverside * 2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball * 2004 Moved to Orlando * 2006 DVC Member * 2006 DLR * 2007 Pirate & Princess Party * 2007 DVBR * 2007 OKW * 2007 VWL * 2008 GCH * 2009 BLT * 2009 AKV * 2010 OKW * 2010 SSR * 2010 DLP DLH * 2011 BLT*2011 AKL*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani*2015 VGC Star Wars Celebration

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X