Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are going to Disney World and need some help?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are going to Disney World and need some help?

When is the best time to go, we will have 6 adults and 6 childern under 5? We are thinking April, May, or September which do you think is better? What hotel on the property is a good kid friendly one? Thank you in advance for your help!!!!
    Jeff

Re: We are going to Disney World and need some help?

Originally posted by Jeff Barney View Post
    When is the best time to go, we will have 6 adults and 6 childern under 5? We are thinking April, May, or September which do you think is better? What hotel on the property is a good kid friendly one? Thank you in advance for your help!!!!
    All the resorts are kid friendly. It is, afterall, Disney World. Disney is busy most of the time, however I would stay away from any 3 day weekends & anytime there are school breaks. Other than that it's kind of hit or miss. Look for specials, which can be hard to do. If you work with a travel agent, they are always on the lookout for you and monitor reservations everyday for any specials that may come along even after you have booked your vacation. I just had a family here that had booked 6 months ago, and wound up getting a special and it saved them an additional 648.00, so again, work with a travel agent.
    Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
    Mice Chat Travel Planner
    Lindawdwtravel@aol.com
    www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

Comment

I would avoid April as thats prime Spring Break time, May might not be as bad but we have gone around easter time and it was just ridiculous with the crowds. late September traditionally is a time where the parks are not crowded and you can walk onto most attractions. However in the past couple years the Haloween party has been extended into September and with special offers I hear its getting more popular, and it is hurricane season so you may get more rain than other times.

All things considered I would go for September, I believe they will have the "small kids" program in place again next year around that time as well so there will be extra things for the little ones to do.

Resorts - All are kid friendly, but I would focus on the MK area if you can afford it since you will probably be spending most of your time in the MK with the little ones. I would recommend the Polynesian or the Wilderness Lodge since they have more elaborate pool areas and both have nice child care centers in case the adults want to have a dinner out.
      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Of the three months, I too, say go with September.

As to where to stay, I would suggest Fort Wilderness. They have cabins there that hold up to 6 people. And there is so much to do there as well.

Comment

Fort Wilderness is a great place! May is lovely for the Flower and Garden Festival, but September is cheaper and less crowded. Also, the All Star Music Suites can accommodate all of you.
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

If you could go late Sept that would be good... The park is not that crowded... As far as hotels, depends on your budget... I mean if you could afford Contemporary, then that would be great... If you cant, you can always do a value resort. those always appeal to kids.

Either way make your reservations now for Ohana's. Its the best restaurant in all of WDW

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Barney View Post
              We are thinking April, May, or September which do you think is better?
              September is too hot and humid.

I would pick late April or early May.
              DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

I would say April or May just for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Stay within the last week of April and the first two weeks of May, crowds will be at a normal level.

For hotels, I will suggest some from different price ranges. Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian.

Hope I have been helpful!!!
                Webmaster of WDW News Today
                Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                Visit us at

Comment

We went this past September and it is still in the high 80's low 90's and humid. I'd say April or even October maybe.

All the resorts are fun, but I'd recommend a Value resort for little kids
                  With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

Yes, skip April, plan for first week of May. I usually always recommend September but not for 6 adults with 6 kids under 5. The past few years I've been to WDW during sept/oct for the Halloween parties I either had a sept. forecast of rain the entire time or half the time rain and half the time cloudy. I wanted 7 days of sunshine and hardly get it.

Pick the first week of May. Yes it may be somewhat crowded but not 4th of July crowded. Going to Walt Disney World where practically the world plays... well you'll just have to expect it to be busy.

With that said everyone should focus on taking their time in the parks. No rushing, no running around, no trying to get everything done in 1 day. There will always be other trips in the future.

Just have fun this May and make sure no one fights with anyone. I hate to see people argue over who's right and who's wrong, it seems the larger the group of people the bigger then fights.

May. No Fights. Great Weather. And Spaceship Earth will be open again! Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post

With that said everyone should focus on taking their time in the parks. No rushing, no running around, no trying to get everything done in 1 day. There will always be other trips in the future.
                      I would say that is the MOST imporant thing, no matter when you go. I think that nearly every time of year has good points, and many have bad points too.

I live here, but I was on property 11 nights at the end of September. I actually LOVE the parks in September, it's like having the place to myself. Not the dining part - that was busier, because of the free dine the last few years. But I only made MAYBE 1/3 of my seatings that I'd booked 6 months earlier (honestly, who knows what they are going to be doing in 6 months. ) And I was able to get reservations last minute at many places.

It was still warm and humid, but not like July. The hours weren't as long as other time periods, but I actually like that time at Disney very much. The end of September also starts the Food and Wine Festival.

I just don't think that you can go wrong at almost anytime of year. My family used to take us in August when I was growing up, and it was fine. It was hot, but so was NJ. It was humid. Ditto, NJ. I could list reasons to go nearly anytime. Go when it's convenient, or there is an event you want to be a part of (Christmastime, Halloween, Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, etc.) I think the main point is that you don't need to see everything. I have gone more times than I can count, and I've not seen/done it all. But I've seen and done a lot of things that regular guests haven't.
                      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                      on Bay Lake.

Comment

My family traditionally visited Disney in Feb/March even if I was supposed to be in school. But perhaps you should try mid January/early Feb. Not only will the parks be less crowded in that time but the Disney hotel prices will be at their lowest possible rate.

Not to mention it will be much cooler in the winter time.

Comment

I almost forgot, if you do do late September early October book at least one day in September during the off season. At WDW the hotel rate is determined by the rate of the first day of your trip, so if the rate jumps up on day 2 your still locked in at the lower room rate for the length of stay.

I usually aim for the first week of October to celebrate my daughter's Birthday and to see the MNSSHP and this way you can save a lot of money.
                          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

would go with Sept - it will be the cheapest of the time you mentioned. the parks will be the least crowded.

but it can be hot and humdity. Also it is definitely hurricane season. June - Nov is hurricane season in Florida. Disney has in the last few years gotten some hurricanes.

with little kids would also suggest any of the Mk resorts - if they fit your budget.

you can rent a reservation from a DVC member and stay at VWL. I would suggest 3 studios. Or maybe 2 studios and 1-bedroom (if that can be arranged) - so everyone has a place to meet. if you can't that is just fine - there are meeting rooms downstairs for everyone.

otherwise Pop Century is a pretty nice hotel for value.

here is nbodyhome - pictures of Pop
                            http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=57&Itemid=95

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X