Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

NEWS: GotG Coaster Confirmed

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS: GotG Coaster Confirmed

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/confir...-coaster-rude/

Well, at least it's not the tower of terror. I'm sure Guardians of the Galaxy will fit in perfectly with this specific park.
    As we have rumored on this site for some time, the Guardians of the Galaxy Ride coming to Epcot will indeed be a roller coaster attraction. The Vice President of Epcot, Melissa Valiquette, confirmed that the attraction is a coaster to members of the media at the Epcot 35 celebration yesterday. According to sources, the roller …
    KA CHOW

One of the quotes I see there: "Looking ahead to the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced exciting plans across Epcot to realize the original vision of the park while making it more timeless and relevant than ever before,"

Timeless? I'm a big GotG fan, but I don't see it being "timeless" nor really "relevant" to the theme of Epcot either. Much as I love everything about it, I'm not sure that I like where it's going or how it will fit in there.

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post
      One of the quotes I see there: "Looking ahead to the 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World, Disney Parks Chairman Bob Chapek announced exciting plans across Epcot to realize the original vision of the park while making it more timeless and relevant than ever before,"

Timeless? I'm a big GotG fan, but I don't see it being "timeless" nor really "relevant" to the theme of Epcot either. Much as I love everything about it, I'm not sure that I like where it's going or how it will fit in there.
      great point. Reading that remark is why I was a little sarcastic with my OP. How in the world is GotG making EPCOT.. a park mainly about education (right?) and world showcase.. more timeless and relevant to its theme? Either Chapek is really lost or he's doing his worst to justify his moves.
      KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post
        Timeless? I'm a big GotG fan, but I don't see it being "timeless" nor really "relevant" to the theme of Epcot either.
        I agree, as far as GotG goes. Marvel, however...

Comment

Epcot is changing, for sure. I'll always have great memories of edutainment Epcot, but the new stuff is going to be cool too.
          Last edited by Co Foo; 10-20-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I understand the issues with theming(they'll likely connected to space travel loosely) but no one is going to bring up that ride building is 10 stories high?! Or the fact the ride will be first of its kind?

On a seperate note, how did Disney get by legally approving the project, as there was the agreement with Universal on Marvel attractions (only west of the Mississippi)?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
              I understand the issues with theming(they'll likely connected to space travel loosely) but no one is going to bring up that ride building is 10 stories high?! Or the fact the ride will be first of its kind?

On a seperate note, how did Disney get by legally approving the project, as there was the agreement with Universal on Marvel attractions (only west of the Mississippi)?
              My understanding is that there's some sort of loophole that permits Marvel to license out their characters east of the Mississippi, as long as the characters that are being used are not at use at either USF or IoA.
              Originally posted by micromind
              Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

last things first- the exclusivity with Universal only applies to Marvel characters that Universal was already using. They aren't using GotG in any form, so Disney is free to use them.

first things last- I'm excited about the ride itself. It sounds like it might be very neat. But I'm not excited at all about where they are putting it. I don't think it's a lasting theme and it doesn't fit with the theming of Epcot. They may as well drop it in the middle of Fantasy land as it would fit about as well. There are other places I can think of that would have been a better fit (tomorrowland, even though it's already getting Tron, Studios, etc.) Epcot absolutely needs attractions, and this one may well be a good fit, but I wish they would have chosen something other than GotG to fit in with Epcot's actual theme better.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X