X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbi with a question about WDW Travel Books

.... well the first of many I'm sure!

Let me say that I've been reading these boards the last few days and I think you people are having way too much fun ! There is a lot of great info, and the pictures are amazing!!

Now for my first question... I am beginning to plan our next trip to WDW for next year. I read about this book, "Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide" by Beth Haworth. Is this a good book with useful information, or is it one of those "too good to be true" deals? Can any of you more knowledgable people point me towards any other places to get good deals ( yes I've bookmarked Orlando Fun Tickets).

Thanks for any help, and keep the posts coming !!:thumbup:

Joe

Re: Newbi with a question....

I've never read the book you mention. I have a copy of the Passporter, which is a fantastic WDW travel resource. I also like the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World. Here are some links for you:

The Complete Guide to Walt Disney World

PassPorter's Walt Disney World 2008

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2008

MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Re: Newbi with a question....

Check out mousesavers.com. They have lots of tips for saving money.

Comment

Re: Newbi with a question about WDW Travel Books

The Unofficial Guide is a great resource.

Comment

Don't buy the book. If you want information on deals, sign up for the Mousesavers.com newsletter (or read any other site that gives out the information for free). The Passporter and Unofficial Guide are both great, but if you want up-to-the-minute info, there are many places to get that without buying a book.

Oh - and welcome!
          Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
          on Bay Lake.

Comment

Welcome to MiceChat Joe!

I have hear of the book you mentioned. (It comes up from time to time as one of the Google ads.) It's actually a digital book that does get updated. I have seen the site itself, but I don't know anything beyond that.

I would suggest using OrlandoFunTickets.com and MouseSaveers.com as good resources for savings since you can see what you get, before you get it. :cwink:

If you are looking for more specific information about the resort and travel plans, the ones Dusty mentioned are great and Kevin Yee has some good ones as well. I'd suggest looking here for more information as well: Which book is the best?

Comment

I wouldn't say I'd never pay for things I can get online for free - because sometimes it'd nice to have everything tied nicely together. But saving money at Disney is pretty easy - I could type up most everything you need to know in short order. There just isn't much to it, not something you'd want to buy.

But guidebooks, those are going to be helpful (even with all the online recourses).
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

[quote=maddogjoe;2332837].... well the first of many I'm sure!

Let me say that I've been reading these boards the last few days and I think you people are having way too much fun ! There is a lot of great info, and the pictures are amazing!!

Now for my first question... I am beginning to plan our next trip to WDW for next year. I read about this book, "Ultimate Disney World Savings Guide" by Beth Haworth. Is this a good book with useful information, or is it one of those "too good to be true" deals? Can any of you more knowledgable people point me towards any other places to get good deals ( yes I've bookmarked Orlando Fun Tickets).

Thanks for any help, and keep the posts coming !!:thumbup:

I wouldn't buy a book. Birnbaum's is the only one the Disney officially recognizes and you can get that at the library. Stay on the forums and ask questions. There are a lot of very knowledgable people on the boards. Work with a travel agent, they always know what specials are running, and even if your booked already and a special comes out for your travel dates, they monitor your reservation and will do their best to get it for you.
                Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
                Mice Chat Travel Planner
                Lindawdwtravel@aol.com
                www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

Comment

The only guidebook I recommend to friends and family that are going to Disney (besides of course taking ME along ) is the "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World." It has everything you could possibly want in a book and it does not pull any punches as they are not "officially" sponsored by Disney.
                  Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies. I will certainly look into all the links posted. As more questions come up, I'll be sure to come back to the BEST resource I've found so far, you guys!

Thanks again !
                    Last edited by maddogjoe; 11-16-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

The Passporter and the Unofficial Guide are my two favorite books. As far as savings, www.mousesavers.com is a great resource, as was mentioned.

And we have a lot of fun here, that's what happens when you get a lot of Disney crazy people together.

Welcome to the boards!
                      Last edited by SummerInFL; 11-16-2007, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
                        Thanks for all the great replies. I will certainly look into all the links posted. As more questions come up, I'll be sure to come back to the resource I've found so far, you guys!

Thanks again !
                        Mousesavers will be your one-stop-shop for all savings you need. Good luck!
                        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                          lot of Disney crazy people

Hey! You can't prove that! :lol:
                          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

www.mousesavers.com - is much better

you can look into renting DVC points

if you intend to fly instead of drive - then you probably already know the discount airlines are generally NOT on the travel sites.
                            www.southwest.com
                            www.jetblue.com
                            http://www.skybus.com/

also like
                            www.ticketmania.com
                            http://www.mapleleaftickets.com/?a=25

to get the crowd information and other stuff from unofficial - just join this thing - but only if you intend to make multiple trips. otherwise just look at it 30 days before you go - it is free then.
                            www.touringplans.com

anything else just ask

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X