Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Long time Disneylander moved to east coast, now has questions on Disney World

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time Disneylander moved to east coast, now has questions on Disney World

Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone for posting on the forums. It has been a big help, and I know I should post more, but we have not been to a Disney Park in a while.
    We moved to South Carolina last year, and due to our 8 hour drive to Disney World want to plan a trip soon. We have two choices: The week between Christmas and New Years(I know it's bad) and the the second week in June. I have a few questions. 1) How bad is Christmas? Is there a pattern to the parks where one park is better than the others?We have done Halloween time, the week before Thanksgiving, and Spring Break(Due to kids school schedule) and have survived at Disneyland. We are open to extra cost options, but not staying on property unless at the Dolphin/Swan resorts. We are in our mid forties and have a 10 year old daughter who is a Disneyland pro. How bad are the crowds? Adventureland NO square after Fantasmic bad? 2)June should be better, but how hot is it going to be? School schedules are in play, and December would be preferred due to not having to use vacation time. Do the increased pricing model reduce some of the crowding? Also we are having withdrawals from not going to Disneyland in the last two years.

Or just scrap it all, suck it up and fly to Orange County in June and go back to our home park?
    Have we gone mad?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!
    Last edited by motorhead73; 11-01-2017, 01:31 PM.

June is far and away the better option. Bad is not a way to describe the week between Christmas and New Year's. Horrible beyond belief may be closer. The parks will reach capacity every. single. day. Magic Kingdom will close their gates first, typically mid to late morning. Studios often isn't far behind. Epcot will stay open, but they'll put over 100,000 people in it. You will be crammed shoulder to shoulder with people everywhere in the park. Lines for everything- including food, snacks, and bathrooms, will be long. And you won't get to do very much ride/ attraction wise because of the extreme crowds. Having worked there through 5 holiday seasons, I can't discourage you enough from going during that time.

as for June heat, expect low 90's, high humidity, and a 70% chance of rain every afternoon around 4 that can last 15 minutes to 3 hours, and be torrential at times. that's normal spring to fall weather for Florida. Bring ponchos and drink lots of water and you'll be fine. It's still busy, but nowhere close to being as bad as at Christmas.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X