Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios is-------

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new name for Disney's Hollywood Studios is-------

I got this from someone on Facebook. I like it. Beyond the Hollywood nick-name, you can fit a lot of IPs, lands and ride ideas into the mental concept we have of a "la la land." I also think that in a few years, very few will associate the name with the Ryan Gosling film.

Source? Also La La Land is now copyrighted.

Comment

I am pretty sure this is not true.

Comment

I just saw it posted on FB. I don't know their source. I like it though.

Comment

Until Disney comes out with it publicly themselves, it's all still speculative.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Awe_inspired View Post
            I just saw it posted on FB. I don't know their source. I like it though.
            I see lots of things posted on Facebook, some of them even turn out to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

I see lots of things posted on Facebook, some of them even turn out to be true.
              But not all of them do. People on FB kept saying that Nightmare before Christmas was getting sequel and Disney would be making the LGBT film "Princes". However, that neither happened.

Also, I will say it again. 'La La Land" is now copyrighted, meaning Disney would have to pay to use the name.
              Last edited by Spongeocto4; 11-08-2017, 05:53 PM. Reason: removed an "a"

Comment

Aside from those things, what do you think of the name?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                  But not all of them do. People on FB kept saying that Nightmare before Christmas was getting sequel and Disney would be making the LGBT film "Princes". However, that neither happened.

Also, I will say it again. 'La La Land" is now copyrighted, meaning Disney would have to pay to use the name.
                  You can't copyright a name, but you can trademark it. I checked the US trademark database and it has been registered for some uses, most obviously in connection with the recent movie, but I don't see a registration for it's use in relation to a theme/amusement park. Which to me is even more evidence that it isn't the name since they would likely have trademarked it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Awe_inspired View Post
                    Aside from those things, what do you think of the name?
                    I think it is a horrible name.

Comment

Everything with Disney is such corporate shareholder speak nowadays, I don't know why they just don't call it "Disney's Hollywood Adventure" and be done with it.
                      It encompasses, film, television, fantasy, thrillers, etc... It's specific enough, but still generic at the same time, And it's a minimal change from the current name "branding"

Comment

And at Christmas it can be “Disney’s Fa La La La Land”

Comment

What's wrong with keeping the hollywood theme? The entire park screams hollywood to me and i'd hate to see it go away to be honest.
                          KA CHOW

Comment

How about Hollywoodland, which is actually the original real estate sales name for the Hollywood hills section of Los Angeles which eventually became known as Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
                              What's wrong with keeping the hollywood theme? The entire park screams hollywood to me and i'd hate to see it go away to be honest.
                              It's not a question of getting rid of the Hollywood theme, it's about getting rid of the "working studio" and "how movies are made" theme, that why I think they will definitely drop the word "studio" from the name.
                              Last edited by danlb_2000; Yesterday, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X