Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

AP holder from CA making first trip to WDW

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP holder from CA making first trip to WDW

Hello first post but I've been reading the forum for awhile and I am an DL AP holder. I am renewing my AP next month for DL and I was told if I want to upgrade to a premier and pay the difference I could use it at WDW. Now I have been trying to put a trip together as it will be my first trip in 15yrs and first time as an adult. It is only me and my spouse and we are wanting to stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary and we are looking for a good time when the prices are little more affordable. I know the parks are usually pretty busy but it would be nice to go at slower time with less traffic as we like to take our time and relax. Any help or input would be appreciated and as far as scheduling goes it doesn't matter.

I don't know if your DL pass, even upgraded, can be used at WDW or not. I would certainly check with Disney for sure on that.

There really isn't a "slow" time of year anymore for WDW, and really not one that you're going to find lower prices on anything. They are so busy year round now that there really isn't any reason for them to offer discounts or lower prices, so they rarely do anymore.

However, that being said, they do sometimes have a deal where they will include the Disney dining plan at a discount on a room package. So check into that.

As for lower crowds, you can find the parks a little bit less populated in September and early October after school starts (working around the Mickey's Not So Scary and weekends at Food and Wine). Early November and early December will get you the holiday events with a little bit lesser crowd as well. But if you're wanting "slow", then about as slow as you'll find will be in January and early February.;

Comment

I've heard about the premier pass, I know it is much more expensive though, it might be worth it, it might not, but I know that the premier pass is a viable option.

Comment

It would be 400 more than the signature which would be less than buying park tickets outright for that many days plus the discounts and offers included with an AP so that might help. Thanks for input Jan/feb might be too close but I'm looking into the dates some of the hotel rates are higher than I expected but I was informed that there is a possible ap discount during those times so I'll have to find out.

Comment

The slowest times would be in January and early February (prior to Presidents Day), but it sounds like that could be difficult. May isn't a bad time to go, especially since it's before schools let out in most states. Honestly, I think your chances of getting a good deal at the Polynesian or Contemporary are low. I've received some discount offers for early 2018, and the resorts they typically included were just the Animal Kingdom Lodge and some of the villa resorts like Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. You never know, though. A lot depends on how hotel bookings are looking as we get into 2018.
          The Tomorrow Society - A blog and podcast that takes a smart look at Disney and other theme parks from a fan's perspective

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X