Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Is it worth it? I need your help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it? I need your help!

Ok, I need some honest opinions here.. what would you do if you were me..

Big Disney Fan here, but from the west Coast. I live in Long Beach CA and am currently an AP at the Disney Parks out west and get to frequent often with my wife and friends. I only have the low level pass so no Saturday or Sundays for me :/ but still get my days in.

So I will be staying in Orlando for work next week and will be only a quick 15 min from Disney World... I have Tuesday night free let say starting around 5:00 PM or so. I want to do something Disney but what to do?? I haven’t been in about 14 years so I’m game for anything, but what will be the best choice here?.. pretty sure this will be a solo trip and I move quick so I can cover a lot of ground in a short time?

Ok ok this is where I need your help..

these are a few things I had in mind, let me know if any of these sound good or PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD DO!

1) bite the bullet and pay $99 to enjoy Epcot from 6-9.. it’s open 9 pm - 11pm but only for extra magic hour :/
    how much could I get done in 3 hours? Would it be cool just to grab a drink and just enjoy the site and sounds? Remember $99 for 3 hours...

epoct would be my choice for a park if I had too choose. I mean I have Disneyland and DCA at my disposal here in CA and Hollywood studio got nothin and Animal kingdom closes at 8:00PM

2) ride the monorail around to connecting hotels and bar hop? Monorail is free and could get my Disney fix? Where is the best place to get dropped off and then hop on the monorail?best stops! Best hotel bars?

3) go to Disney springs and grab dinner and a drink and walk and ppl watch. Is there enough Disney here? Is it cool? Don’t know much here!

please chime in with a plan!!! I have no problem staying up late, I know the parks close at 9 but there might be other cool things I could do.

Pleaee help here! Thanks in advance
    ​​​​​-FowlersINN

I don't think there is enough Disney at Disney Springs to get your fix. In my opinion it's well done; a lot detail to architecture and it makes a nice walk. But overall it's typical high end shopping area for the most part. World of Disney is still there and a few other stores carrying Disney merchandise. But you're not going to get that real Disney feel hanging out at the Springs.

$99 dollars is pretty steep for three hours at Epcot. But if you don't get to Orlando often and this is a golden opportunity to soak in some of the World, I think an Epcot visit may be worth the price of admission. It sounds like you have been there before so you know The World Showcase side of the park has a ton of places to grab a drink. I love just walking around there at night, very cool atmosphere. And if you haven't ever seen Illuminations then definitely stay for the show.

You could still do a loop on the monorail after you leave Epcot, and stop at any of the Monorail hotels if you wanted to as well!

Happy and Safe Travels!

Comment

Thanks that helps! How do you suggest I get from Epcot to monorail loop?

Comment

Hmmm--maybe you could park at Magic Kingdom initially, then take Epcot Monorail there. Leaving Epcot you could take Monorail back, then switch to the Resort Monorail Loop. That way when you are ready to leave just hop out at Magic Kingdom and your car is right there!

Comment

If it were me, I go to Animal Kingdom for the evening, no question.

I haven't been to AK since its regular night time operations began (with Rivers of Light and Pandora), but I've experienced it at night in prior years when it was open late for Spring Break and it was among the best experiences I can remember at any theme park. The lighting is(was) surprisingly and wonderfully low in most places, and that combined with low crowds, animal sounds (real and piped in) and many winding pathways made it supremely eerie and adventurous. Just roaming the park would be worth it. Since you won't have kids with you, who might be put off by the darkness, it's a good time to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlersINN View Post

Big Disney Fan here, but from the west Coast. I live in Long Beach CA and am currently an AP at the Disney Parks out west and get to frequent often with my wife and friends. I only have the low level pass so no Saturday or Sundays for me :/ but still get my days in.

So I will be staying in Orlando for work next week and will be only a quick 15 min from Disney World... I have Tuesday night free let say starting around 5:00 PM or so. I want to do something Disney but what to do?? I haven’t been in about 14 years so I’m game for anything, but what will be the best choice here?.. pretty sure this will be a solo trip and I move quick so I can cover a lot of ground in a short time?

these are a few things I had in mind, let me know if any of these sound good or PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD DO!

1) bite the bullet and pay $99 to enjoy Epcot from 6-9.. it’s open 9 pm - 11pm but only for extra magic hour :/
            how much could I get done in 3 hours? Would it be cool just to grab a drink and just enjoy the site and sounds? Remember $99 for 3 hours...

epoct would be my choice for a park if I had too choose. I mean I have Disneyland and DCA at my disposal here in CA and Hollywood studio got nothin and Animal kingdom closes at 8:00PM

2) ride the monorail around to connecting hotels and bar hop? Monorail is free and could get my Disney fix? Where is the best place to get dropped off and then hop on the monorail?best stops! Best hotel bars?

3) go to Disney springs and grab dinner and a drink and walk and ppl watch. Is there enough Disney here? Is it cool? Don’t know much here!

please chime in with a plan!!! I have no problem staying up late, I know the parks close at 9 but there might be other cool things I could do.

​​​​​-FowlersINN
            Check with Disney and/or your hotel Epcot offers "twilight" tickets (after 5pm) for $59.00... they dont advertise it...you have to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by FowlersINN View Post

​​​​​-FowlersINN
              If you do Epcot you would get to see the Illuminations night time show, and even though it closes at 9:00 you can take you time leaving World Showcase which can easily stretch you for another half hour. For there you could go over to Disney Springs since most stuff there is open until 2:00 AM.

As someone else suggested, Animal Kingdom is another option. The have the new night time show there and Avatarland which is spectacular at night. Again you could go to Disney Springs afterwards.

Comment

If you are there for a convention check for discounts, as previously posted ask about twilight ticket prices. Downtown Disney (Disney Springs) was a pretty good fix for me, but left me wanting. Is Universal an option? Perhaps more bang for the buck if the Universal parks are open later.

Comment

Working...
                X