[Pictures] WDW 2000 to 2017: A Photo Essay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] WDW 2000 to 2017: A Photo Essay

Hello, all! I just finished creating my first photo essay on Imgur. Last year, I went to WDW and made an effort to take updated versions of all the pictures I took during my first visit there, in 2000. I decided to host the images on Imgur rather than uploading them all here - please let me know if posting a link to my photo essay there is against forums policy. Enjoy!

Walt Disney World from 2000 to 2017: A Photo Essay

(The above is the correct link - please disregard the one below that goes to the main page)

Thanks for sharing these photos! I always find it fun to look back and compare photos of old(er) to photos of today, and it's particularly neat how you were able to line some of the pictures up! (That angle recreation on Astro Orbiter is incredible)

And as an FYI, WDW did have a Skyway of its own, and you correctly identified the (abandoned) station. Since I enjoyed the one at Magic Kingdom, I'm looking forward to its larger inter-parks counterpart to open!
    "Beware of hitchhiking ghosts"

Comment

Originally posted by wdw or bust View Post
      Thanks for sharing these photos! I always find it fun to look back and compare photos of old(er) to photos of today, and it's particularly neat how you were able to line some of the pictures up! (That angle recreation on Astro Orbiter is incredible)

And as an FYI, WDW did have a Skyway of its own, and you correctly identified the (abandoned) station. Since I enjoyed the one at Magic Kingdom, I'm looking forward to its larger inter-parks counterpart to open!
      You're very welcome, and thank you so much for the reply! Yes, the Astro Orbiter one is my favorite. It took some effort, but it was mostly a happy accident.

Wow, I didn't know there actually was a Skyway station there! Cool, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by wdw or bust View Post

I was just about to say almost the exact same thing. yes, that is the old skyway station that was in tomorrow land. It's since been completely redone and I believe the building has either been converted into one story bathrooms (the top floor removed) or the whole building removed completely. the other end was in Fantasyland just before crossing over into Liberty Square, across from Peter Pan and just past Small World.

Comment

Working...
        X