Roller Coaster Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Coaster Training

When I grew up, I wasn't into coasters. Like at all. And I grew up in Southern California, so Magic Mountain was not my thing. I haven't been there since the early 80s. I just took a walk down memory lane over that park's web page and I'm like YIKES! But as I got older, I realized I was missing out. As a child, I didn't even like tame rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Star Tours. But I pushed myself, got over my fear, and now I love all the Disney coasters, even the ones here in Disney World.

My son is about to be 11 in a few months and I don't want him to go through what I went through and missing out. I think I was only a few years older than he is now when I finally got brave. We just haven't had the money for Disney passes in recent years, and I also opted to take a few years off due to burn out, and dissatisfaction with the company. (Ticket prices are ridiculous. But that's another thread.) Anyways, long story short, I want to take my son through what I dub "roller coaster training." He hasn't really been on any of the big attractions yet, because he's been too young and wouldn't meet the height requirements. Now, he's old enough and big enough for them. Eventually within the next 12 months I plan to get him and myself annual passes to start him on this "training." Where he may be nervous at first, I figure if he goes on them with enough repetition, he will get used to them like I did. (Though I still get the butterflies with Everest.) My question for you all is: What to start him with? Do we go big first with Aerosmith (which I just read will be closing or doing a theme change. UGH!!) (if it's still open), or with Everest, or do we start small like with Big Thunder & Space Mountain? I wanted to start with Aerosmith because at least to my knowledge, its the only attraction on the Disney property with loops & inversions. Unless that's changed. I will admit, I haven't been staying up to date with park changes over the last few years. Any thoughts or ideas?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Start him at Magic Kingdom and work his way up. Do Space Mountain, Pirate, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. I'd do Animal Kingdom next and Expedition Everest, and save Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower for last.

BTW, I know that Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney Paris is getting rethemed. I haven't heard the same for the Florida version. I think that may be just rumors and confusion on it. It can't get the Marvel overlay that is going in France due to conflicts with the contract allowing Universal to use those characters.

Comment

Originally posted by sirwillow View Post
      Start him at Magic Kingdom and work his way up. Do Space Mountain, Pirate, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. I'd do Animal Kingdom next and Expedition Everest, and save Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower for last.

BTW, I know that Rock N Roller Coaster at Disney Paris is getting rethemed. I haven't heard the same for the Florida version. I think that may be just rumors and confusion on it. It can't get the Marvel overlay that is going in France due to conflicts with the contract allowing Universal to use those characters.
      Ugh and a Woohoo! Ugh on my part for misreading it. Thanks for the clarification. I guess what threw me was the fact that the Paris park is named Walt Disney Studios. Thanks again for the clarification, and the feedback.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Working...
      X