This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day After....

Here is a video of what all 1st time 1/2 and Marathon runners/walkers can look forward to. It really is that bad

http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/Your_p...do=view&id=130

See you all in Jan
    Robert
    DisneyRunning.com
    DisneyRunning.com Forum
    Going for Goofy #4 in 09

Re: The Day After....

Originally posted by ultramm View Post
    Here is a video of what all 1st time 1/2 and Marathon runners/walkers can look forward to. It really is that bad

http://www.realbuzz.com/en-gb/Your_p...do=view&id=130

See you all in Jan

Thats too funny. I have never run in a marathon (yet, working on it) but I can remember playing a LOT of racquetball in college and the day after one particulary long playing session, doing the "standing at the bottom of a flight of stairs and just looking at them" - You KNOW the pain that is going to be involved in getting up them

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

That's almost as funny as the one sitcom where they guy ran the marathon with no training whatsoever and was teasing his friends... then he sat down on the subway and couldn't get up to get off the train...
      Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

I did a charity walk in June. It was a 54mile walk through the Scottish Highlands (so up and down serious hills) in 24 hours, we actually did it in 20.5 hours, with only 3 stopping points for a 30min snack/drink.

I couldn't move the next day, I couldn't bend my knees, i had 3 blisters on my feet (one that went from inbetween my toes all the way down to the arch of my foot), serious chaffing around the crotch region and in the month that followed i had 5 toenails fall off from the boot pressure (still growing back). Add the sleep deprevation onto it as we flew up to scotland Friday night, set off at 9am Sat morning, finished the walk at 5am sunday and flew home at 11am Sunday and you've got a fun time.
        CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
        www.facebook.com/FuseMP
        www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

I was in training for the WDW Marathon, then my Dr. said that my knees would explode if I tried it.

I can't run anymore, but ironically, he encouraged me to keep playing basketball. Weird. Now I mountain bike instead, and want to do the Ride the Rockies here in Colorado somebody in the next few years.
          Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X