Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycotting Disney??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Boycotting Disney??

    there was a video of a youtuber who got arrested at Disney World due to "trespassing". he claims that he was just trying to get his stuff back from security after they had "stolen" it after going thru the security checkpoint. now his fans are saying that they are boycotting Disney for what has happened. a few comments i've read were like *i'm never going to Disney World*, *i'm never going back to Disney.*, *they shouldn't have done that*

    it always seems to happened with something like this. someone does something in any of the Disney parks that gets the police involved, it gets filmed and put online. it seems like everyone is having a field day and telling people that we should boycott the Disney parks for way that the person was treated by the employees or the police. it always comes down to the person who has done whatever they did that got them into trouble in the first place. its never Disney's problem or issue. security and the cast members are just trying to make sure that everyone that is in the park or even just outside of the park like the security checkpoint is safe and having a good time.

    i don't think we just stop going to Disney just because someone decided to cause a scene or get themselves in trouble. chances are that they are just trying to pick a fight and get something out of it.

  • #2
    People can boycott whomever they choose. Boycotts can be a very effective political tool, but only if they are big enough.

    But in this case some random YouTuber and his friends boycotting Disney isn't going to make even a microscopic ripple in that particular pond. I say let 'em. Less people in the parks for a foolish reason is fine with me.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

    Comment


    • #3
      Plenty of good reasons to boycott disney but this doesn't sound like one of them.

      Comment


      • #4
        There are YouTubers out there that make content to entertain us the viewer and then there are the ones (like this guy) who are solely in it to make a name for himself. His followers must be sheep.
        Boycotts rarely ever work. I do however hope those boycotting new Star Wars are heard cause things are not looking good on that front, but that’s a whole other topic.
        "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          I think we should boycott Disneyland, it is a narrow street out front and a large gathering area that security may not recognize right away and then when the lights turn for crosswalk activity, out in the streets we go, asking folks to turn around on the street and those folks pulling into lodging for the first day of their trip to go home, boycott Disneyland!!! protect your rights,....orderly rope drop runs to Peter Pan should be orderly run by riot CMS!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I feel very strongly that Disneyland needs to be boycotted during the second week of July this year. Tell your friends. If you go to Disneyland that week, the evildoers shall win. Thank you.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stormy View Post
              People can boycott whomever they choose. Boycotts can be a very effective political tool, but only if they are big enough.

              But in this case some random YouTuber and his friends boycotting Disney isn't going to make even a microscopic ripple in that particular pond. I say let 'em. Less people in the parks for a foolish reason is fine with me.
              This second thread in days......sharing about how there "NO" common sense with some guest..........???
              Customer who displays annoyance about Security Procedures !


              Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
              Plenty of good reasons to boycott disney but this doesn't sound like one of them.
              I even, have my own list........
              But Boycott for wrong doers......give me break !!!!!
              Last edited by Eagleman; 04-01-2018, 01:01 PM.
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

              Comment


              • #8
                Even though I don't know the whole story, it sounds like the guy is just another gloryhound who is bent of becoming some sort of a big-shot. The world is full of them.

                I very seriously doubt is this boycott will make even one cent difference in executive compensation and will therefore be ignored.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by micromind View Post
                  Even though I don't know the whole story, it sounds like the guy is just another gloryhound who is bent of becoming some sort of a big-shot. The world is full of them.

                  I very seriously doubt is this boycott will make even one cent difference in executive compensation and will therefore be ignored.
                  This Disney boycott ,went in to trash can
                  ~~~~~I do not support wrong doer~~~~~
                  who looking for attention ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Last edited by Eagleman; 04-01-2018, 05:56 PM.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Go ahead and boycott Disney because you're a childish baby. That saves them the hassle of trying to ban you for life from the parks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jaymi View Post
                      there was a video of a youtuber who got arrested at Disney World due to "trespassing". he claims that he was just trying to get his stuff back from security after they had "stolen" it after going thru the security checkpoint. now his fans are saying that they are boycotting Disney for what has happened. a few comments i've read were like *i'm never going to Disney World*, *i'm never going back to Disney.*, *they shouldn't have done that*
                      Wahhh, I didn't want to do what I was supposed to, I got caught and didn't get what I wanted, and I'm a "youtuber star" so I should be the exception and get what I want. Wahhh. Sorry, but just because you make videos doesn't make you entitled, doesn't give you exceptions, and frankly will have no impact on the parks at all. Except maybe keep a few trouble makers away.

                      (saying this as a "youtuber" with a bit of an audience and who didn't ask for any special treatment, or expect any, while on my recent trip. We're no different than everyone else visiting the parks)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm going to DL May 14th. Everyone, please boycott that day.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stovk View Post
                          I'm going to DL May 14th. Everyone, please boycott that day.
                          Hahaha! Right?! Maybe I'll start my own boycott around my upcoming trip dates and just wear a disguise when I go anyway to the hopefully empty parks. *searches for Groucho Marx nose on amazon*

                          For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                          http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post

                            Hahaha! Right?! Maybe I'll start my own boycott around my upcoming trip dates and just wear a disguise when I go anyway to the hopefully empty parks. *searches for Groucho Marx nose on amazon*
                            Lol.....knowing my luck, everyone would figure 'Cool, a boycott. No one will be in the parks so I'll go on that day.' And the parks will be even more crowded than usual.......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              That seems to be a trend too. Traditionally, fall was supposed to be a lighter attendance season in WDW (at least according to the numerous podcasts and youtube channels I geek out with), but now October is one of the most popular travel months ever. I kinda feel like crowd tracker calendars help to fill out the parks on days that aren't that busy. "Look, Vern! The crowds will be really light on such-n-such date! Lets go then and bring all our friends!"

                              Also: Hey Micromind! Its nice to see a familiar avatar from yesteryear.
                              For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                              http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/




                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post

                                Hahaha! Right?! Maybe I'll start my own boycott around my upcoming trip dates and just wear a disguise when I go anyway to the hopefully empty parks. *searches for Groucho Marx nose on amazon*
                                Only the nose ,know for sure ! lol
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by leopardchucks View Post

                                  Hahaha! Right?! Maybe I'll start my own boycott around my upcoming trip dates and just wear a disguise when I go anyway to the hopefully empty parks. *searches for Groucho Marx nose on amazon*
                                  Lol.....knowing my luck, everyone would figure 'Cool, a boycott. No one will be in the parks so I'll go on that day.' And the parks will be even more crowded than usual.......

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    i'm not personally boycotting Disney. i'm just saying that it seems like if someone gets in trouble or gets a verbal warning from a Disney employee/security, they try and make it seem that its Disney's fault that they got in trouble and not accepting the fact that they got themselves into that position. trying to place blame on others.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Jaymi View Post
                                      i'm not personally boycotting Disney. i'm just saying that it seems like if someone gets in trouble or gets a verbal warning from a Disney employee/security, they try and make it seem that its Disney's fault that they got in trouble and not accepting the fact that they got themselves into that position. trying to place blame on others.
                                      Oh, yeah. I totally understand where you're coming from. I agree with you on the absurdity of the whole thing. I just couldn't resist poking fun at the silliness of a boycott like this.
                                      For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                      http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/




                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X