Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Primeval World Diorama at Walt Disney World Railroad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Primeval World Diorama at Walt Disney World Railroad

    I Have a Idea for the Universe of Energy Animatronic Dinosaurs and Prop Pieces. The Walt Disney World Railroad COULD have a Diorama that includes Dinosaurs. That way, It Might be a Perfect Finale of the Railroad before Heading Back to Main Street USA.

  • #2
    I'd personally like this idea. It's a shame to see parts of attractions just disappear forever when there's still life left in them.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

    No matter where you go, there you are.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      I'd personally like this idea. It's a shame to see parts of attractions just disappear forever when there's still life left in them.
      Same. It Came to Me.

      Comment


      • #4
        My general rule is that I don't like to see things repeated in parks on both coasts. I'm usually a Disneyland visitor, but I go to WDW every few years so I like to have the variety.

        As a counter offer, I'd propose to use them at a new prehistoric themed hotel. Put these by the pool!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
          My general rule is that I don't like to see things repeated in parks on both coasts. I'm usually a Disneyland visitor, but I go to WDW every few years so I like to have the variety.

          As a counter offer, I'd propose to use them at a new prehistoric themed hotel. Put these by the pool!
          Bad Idea, the Kids Would Climb on them. I Rather Seen the Energy Dinosaurs in Florida's Railroad than Being Used as Statues or Props by the Water.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SoraFan1992 View Post

            Bad Idea, the Kids Would Climb on them.
            There are plenty of things throughout Walt Disney World that they've figured out ways to keep kids from climbing on them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dinosaurs have nothing to do with MK though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland)
              Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

              Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
              May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
              May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
              May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
              Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
              Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
              May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                Dinosaurs have nothing to do with MK though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland)
                No less than they do on the train tracks in California's Disneyland.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                No matter where you go, there you are.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SoraFan1992 View Post

                  Bad Idea, the Kids Would Climb on them..
                  Not only that, buy those AAs were never designed to operate outdoors, certainly not in Florida.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I Know that Dinosaurs have nothing to do with the Magic Kingdom though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland), But That Idea Can be Used to Those Who Can't afford a Trip to California.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think some of the Energy Dinos were sent to California. One of the Pterodactyl's were added to the Primeval Whirl on the DLRR and some of the others are being used for their parts.
                      sigpic

                      What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                      Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                        I think some of the Energy Dinos were sent to California. One of the Pterodactyl's were added to the Primeval Whirl on the DLRR and some of the others are being used for their parts.
                        Can There be Proof?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LordVader View Post
                          I think some of the Energy Dinos were sent to California. One of the Pterodactyl's were added to the Primeval Whirl on the DLRR and some of the others are being used for their parts.
                          I think you are mistaken. I've been riding the DL Railroad for 50 years. Just rode it this past Saturday and didn't notice any new dinosaurs.
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                          No matter where you go, there you are.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                            Dinosaurs have nothing to do with MK though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland)
                            Dinosaurs have nothing to do with Disneyland though (especially between Tomorrowland and Main Street U.S.A.)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post

                              I think you are mistaken. I've been riding the DL Railroad for 50 years. Just rode it this past Saturday and didn't notice any new dinosaurs.
                              Hmm, perhaps I am. I could've sworn that the DL Diorama is using the Energy dinos for parts.
                              sigpic

                              What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

                              Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/








                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by joanna71985 View Post
                                Dinosaurs have nothing to do with MK though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland)
                                Just my opinion, but I think people are taking the idea of consistent theming a little too seriously sometimes. True, Dinosaurs have no place thematically in Disneyland's railroad, but there are many "inconsistancies" that we have all throughout the park. From Main Street USA (in Disneyland) you can see Space Mountain from certain viewpoints. Standing in Adventureland I can see the American frontier. Popcorn and churro carts in a medieval fantasy kingdom, and so on. To this day, people still lament hanging, brightly-colored skybuckets prominently seen from Fantasyland.
                                Yes, I want them to take the theming seriously. I really don't want a ride that features rockets flying to an alien world in Frontierland, for example, but there are going to be a few inconsistencies here and there.
                                As the Railroad features views that span multiple themes/lands including the future, tropical jungles, the American Frontier, the circus, I don't think there would be any problem thematically if they included a section of the track with dinosaurs displayed.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                                No matter where you go, there you are.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                                  My general rule is that I don't like to see things repeated in parks on both coasts. I'm usually a Disneyland visitor, but I go to WDW every few years so I like to have the variety.

                                  As a counter offer, I'd propose to use them at a new prehistoric themed hotel. Put these by the pool!
                                  Aside from the "Kids would climb on them and wreck 'em" comment, the WDW Railroad could really use the dinosaurs just because there's almost nothing interesting to see on that trip once you go past Frontierland.

                                  The Dioramas have been great ways to give Railroad rides a climax and they're also useful for hiding backstage stuff.
                                  M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                                  sigpic
                                  Flickr

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post

                                    Aside from the "Kids would climb on them and wreck 'em" comment, the WDW Railroad could really use the dinosaurs just because there's almost nothing interesting to see on that trip once you go past Frontierland.

                                    The Dioramas have been great ways to give Railroad rides a climax and they're also useful for hiding backstage stuff.
                                    Having some diorama would be a fine idea, I just don’t want them to copy something else because we happen to have the parts lying around. They should take the opportunity to do something original.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by SoraFan1992 View Post
                                      I Know that Dinosaurs have nothing to do with the Magic Kingdom though (especially between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland), But That Idea Can be Used to Those Who Can't afford a Trip to California.
                                      Because the train ride in Florida doesn't have the dioramas? (Grand Canyon and Primeval World) You know what else they don't have in Florida? Carsland, Radiator Springs Racers, GotGMB, or the Matterhorn, the "Alice in Wonderland" ride, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and the Hatbox Ghost on the Haunted Mansion, and New Orleans Square.
                                      And the list of Florida attractions, and of course entire secondary parks and water parks that we don't have in California is much longer. The two resorts are not, have never been, and never will be exactly the same. They each have their unique features, and also classic attractions that are featured on both coats. I highly doubt that anyone makes a trip to California exclusively to see the Primeval World diorama.

                                      Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

                                      Having some diorama would be a fine idea, I just don’t want them to copy something else because we happen to have the parts lying around. They should take the opportunity to do something original.
                                      My thoughts exactly. I don't think plussing the train ride should be a top priority right now, but if they do, they should do it by adding something different that we haven't seen before.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Thanks. At Least Someone is Agreeing with Me.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X