Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot (spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot (spoilers)

Was interested in knowing more details about the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ roller coaster. Spoilers included. Anyone know?
    Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Nobody knows anything? Sheesh!!
    Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim in Merced CA View Post
      Nobody knows anything? Sheesh!!
      There are people who know lots of things, but they probably value their jobs, so they're not going to say anything here. What are you expecting? We don't even know that much about the "Galaxy's Edge" attractions, and they're opening in less than a year. As soon as something is leaked, or revealed, there will certainly be coverage of it on the homepage of the site. You won't have to start a thread about it.

Comment

^ What he said.

Saying anything that hasn't been released publicly can cost someone their jobs. And those that aren't working on it directly probably know next to nothing about it anyways. That kind of information doesn't flow freely around the parks like many think it does. Most of the CM's are probably wanting more info themselves, but the company won't give it out until they want to.

Comment

I was just watching a video of a huge concrete floor being laid into place adjacent to Universe of Energy so I’m assuming this is separate to the existing attraction? I’m not thrilled at all a Marvel super hero attraction is going in Future World. Disney keeps devolving Future World away more and more from representing any Science Fact from the experience it use to be, and becoming more Fantasy Escapism. Future World is not about roller coasters. It was about stimulating the brain bringing the whole family along. You don’t bring the very young or the elderly aboard vomit inducing experiences.

I’m just getting more and more pissed off with Disney’s direction as I see myself wane more and more away from what they are becoming. They are not the innovative company who impressed me before: I’m starting to hate them!

EDIT - Rather than make a change ... I'll just add:

Perhaps "hate" is not the right word ... I would say a better word is DESPISE. Because I really despise the destruction execs are making with creative decisions .. that really aren't "creative" at all. They bought Marvel ... and they are going to insert new attractions based on these super heroes in places ... whether they thematically fit OR NOT!

I despise the current execs for what they are currently doing to a company I really loved .. for all their ingenuity and creativity.

What I'm witnessing now ... Is a piece of Filet Mignon become a mediocre hamburger with a bit of confetti thrown on the plate to make it look better.

Good thing there's more to life than Disney.

Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-13-2018, 08:41 PM.
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
            I was just watching a video of a huge concrete floor being laid into place adjacent to Universe of Energy so I’m assuming this is separate to the existing attraction? I’m not thrilled at all a Marvel super hero attraction is going in Future World. Disney keeps devolving Future World away more and more from representing any Science Fact from the experience it use to be, and becoming more Fantasy Escapism. Future World is not about roller coasters. It was about stimulating the brain bringing the whole family along. You don’t bring the very young or the elderly aboard vomit inducing experiences.

I’m just getting more and more pissed off with Disney’s direction as I see myself wane more and more away from what they are becoming. They are not the innovative company who impressed me before: I’m starting to hate them!

EDIT - Rather than make a change ... I'll just add:

Perhaps "hate" is not the right word ... I would say a better word is DESPISE. Because I really despise the destruction execs are making with creative decisions .. that really aren't "creative" at all. They bought Marvel ... and they are going to insert new attractions based on these super heroes in places ... whether they thematically fit OR NOT!

I despise the current execs for what they are currently doing to a company I really loved .. for all their ingenuity and creativity.

What I'm witnessing now ... Is a piece of Filet Mignon become a mediocre hamburger with a bit of confetti thrown on the plate to make it look better.

Good thing there's more to life than Disney.
            Most of the ride will be in a new building that is currently under construction. The UoE building will contain the queue, pre-show, load and unload areas and will be connected with a tunnel to the new building. Here is a recent picture showing the new building under construction.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	8566154

Comment

^^^ sweet it is coming along!!!!
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

ON one of the many Disney-related youtube channels I subscribe to, they talked about all the track getting delivered sometime this week. Apparently on these permits/invoices/whatever-they-are is a date indicating 1 year from now. After the clip, I was under the impression that they are planning to at least have all the track finished by this time next year. Ofcourse, that does not mean the show scenes, interiors, queues, etc will be done though.

I guess its not HUGE news, but its cool to have a timeline, albeit a vague one.

They also mentioned on the channel that the entire show building will be themed to fit the dated vibe vibe of Future World...more fitting with EPCOT Center than any modern visions of the future.

For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Working...
                X