This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Fuji

Well, according to two Disney Imagineers and a very reliable source, Mt. Fuji (more likely a similar concept) could possibly be coming to World Showcase behind the Japan Pavillion. Disney has been looking at filling the Meet the World building for a while, and apparently plans may be coming to fruitution. The backstage area is already being cleared out a bit for this potential attraction (remember, nothing has been green-lit). From what I've been told, this attraction won't be on the scale of Everest, but it won't be a cheap, 30-second attraction. Expect a true Disney-quality attraction.

This news is brought to you by MiceChat site partner, Disney Reporter.
    Last edited by disneyreporter; 11-19-2007, 01:12 PM. Reason: Fixed a name mistake.

Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
    (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
    Four years of magic and still going strong.

Re: Mt. Fuji

Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
    Disney has been looking at filling the World of Motion building for a while, and apparently plans may be coming to fruitution.

Umm .... the World of Motion building is not empty ... that's where Test Track is!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
      Umm .... the World of Motion building is not empty ... that's where Test Track is!!!
      Yeah...I'm just as confused by the original post as you are.

Comment

Sorry, I meant Meet the World. The building is currently used for storage and sits in the rear of the Japan pavillion. This attraction was built in TDL and now faces the possibility of demolition. I appologize for the confusion!

Comment

Thank you Disneyreporter, that is a very interesting tidbit. Rumor is that the Mt. Fuji attraction almost got built at one point (sponsored by Fuji film) but Kodak objected and the project got dropped.

It sure would be great to have a couple of big ticket rides at the back of the World Showcase to help draw crowds that direction earlier in the day. Let's hope that something big gets built in that spot
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

Comment

The Meet the World building is in the World Showcase? That's news to me. They should just put the show in World Showcase, it's really fantastic. The possibility of that is very slim though, animatronic shows aren't compelling anymore.

Comment

I remember seeing concept art for this back when Disneyland had a preview center! I'd love to see it actually come to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

It sure would be great to have a couple of big ticket rides at the back of the World Showcase to help draw crowds that direction earlier in the day. Let's hope that something big gets built in that spot
                And maybe even keep the whole park open the same hours?
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
                  Well, according to two Disney Imagineers and a very reliable source, Mt. Fuji (more likely a similar concept) could possibly be coming to World Showcase behind the Japan Pavillion. Disney has been looking at filling the Meet the World building for a while, and apparently plans may be coming to fruitution. The backstage area is already being cleared out a bit for this potential attraction (remember, nothing has been green-lit). From what I've been told, this attraction won't be on the scale of Everest, but it won't be a cheap, 30-second attraction. Expect a true Disney-quality attraction.

This news is brought to you by MiceChat site partner, Disney Reporter.
                  This writing seems very familiar...hmm...

Anyway, I really don't think something the scale of Mt. Fuji will be built. As mentioned, I don't think it will be in the scale or EE, nor will it just be a cousin of the Gran Fiesta Tour.
                  Although it may seem like a good idea, I'm not sure that the OLC will get invloved with this plan if anything comes of it.
                  sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                  Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Here's some good concept art of the original planned attraction (curtousy of JimHillMedia).

jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Why-For-1013-N-web.jpg

jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Why-For-1013-L-web.jpg

jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/Why-For-1013-M-web.jpg

Here's a look at the proposed Switzerland pavillion. If they need to balance the skyline after building Mt. Fuji, I wouldn't be opposed to them building the Matterhorn. (Hint, hint, wink, wink)

jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/articles/Slide0125.jpg
                    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 11-19-2007, 02:22 PM. Reason: Hotlinked pictures Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.

Comment

I'm not sure what to expect. Is it going to be another roller coaster like Expedition Everest/Matterhorn Bobsleds, a slow moving dark ride with show scenes, or a combination of the two?
                      Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
                        I'm not sure that the OLC will get invloved with this plan if anything comes of it.
                        Why would/should the Oriental Land Company be involved? The only way they could (money) do anything is if they purchased the Japan Pavilion or EPCOT Center, or became the Pavilion's sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                          I'm not sure what to expect. Is it going to be another roller coaster like Expedition Everest/Matterhorn Bobsleds, a slow moving dark ride with show scenes, or a combination of the two?
                          Well, the original concept was to have a suspended roller coaster; however, I'm thinking some dark ride show scenes will be incorperated into this version of the attraction along with a roller coaster portion (though keep in mind, many ideas are being tossed around at the moment). Remember as I said before: this won't be on the scale of Everest, but it you can guarantee it will be a quality, Disney attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            Why would/should the Oriental Land Company be involved? The only way they could (money) do anything is if they purchased the Japan Pavilion or EPCOT Center, or became the Pavilion's sponsor.
                            Or the attraction's sponsor; with which I highly doubt they will get invloved.
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Mt. Fuji is an active volcano.... I can see them making an attraction in that direction perhaps.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Isn't mt fugi considered a holy site for shinto religion? I thought I read that somewhere. actually the original concept for japan sounds a bit too much like it's a small world to me. Japan needs an attraction that doesn't have anything to do with movies or water since there are enough of those. not sure I want to see another thrill ride though.

Comment

Long dead project as far as I know. Though World Showcase could really use some quality attractions and shows.
                                  Down with the Hat

Comment

I think it would be great to have a thrill ride in the showcase.

I just don't want to hear the screams!
                                    Good morning, son
                                    In twenty years from now
                                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                                    It was pain
                                    Sunny days and rain
                                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
                                      Long dead project as far as I know. Though World Showcase could really use some quality attractions and shows.
                                      Seems things are starting up again from what I have read.

I'm still hoping for the Brother Bear Canada raft ride too, to block the Soarin building from World Showcase. Either way, more World Showcase attractions are more than welcome!
                                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

This is all rumor, Disney is most certainly not looking into a mountain for Epcot, and even if they were, there are about ten new projects in development that will be placed at Epcot before this. The idea has never really died, it just sticks around like Tunder Mesa. But again, hate to break it to you, this is just wishful thinking.

PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source:lol:
                                        Webmaster of WDW News Today
                                        Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                                        Visit us at

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X