Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mt. Fuji

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: Mt. Fuji

    Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And maybe even keep the whole park open the same hours?

    Yeah, I have been wondering...what's with the wacky hours with Future World (9am-7pm) and World Showcase (11am-9pm)??

    I honestly think that they should go back to the subway film idea. A thrill ride that big a scale would take a lot of space and the screams would take the peaceful nature out of that area of the park. It would be cool if in the subway film/ride, the floor would vibrate to feel like you are actually riding.

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: Mt. Fuji

      Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post

      PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source
      Really? Because I find a lot of info from there, that somehow shows up on here. In fact, I heard about Fuji on there first.

      Strange...
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









      Comment


      • #23
        Re: Mt. Fuji

        Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
        This is all rumor, Disney is most certainly not looking into a mountain for Epcot, and even if they were, there are about ten new projects in development that will be placed at Epcot before this. The idea has never really died, it just sticks around like Tunder Mesa. But again, hate to break it to you, this is just wishful thinking.

        PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source:lol:
        Just a friendly MOD reminder... MiceChat does NOT tolerate other site bashing. Thank you.

        And sorry Imaginationeer, I don't understand... this is a RUMOR? Or is it just a wistful notion? I added the rumor tag but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about LOL
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: Mt. Fuji

          Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
          This is all rumor, Disney is most certainly not looking into a mountain for Epcot, and even if they were, there are about ten new projects in development that will be placed at Epcot before this. The idea has never really died, it just sticks around like Tunder Mesa. But again, hate to break it to you, this is just wishful thinking.

          PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source:lol:
          Sorry but this attraction is very much in development right now under Joe Rhode. It is not the same ride concept as Mt.Fuji its something new but similar.

          Comment


          • #25
            Re: Mt. Fuji

            Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
            This is all rumor, Disney is most certainly not looking into a mountain for Epcot, and even if they were, there are about ten new projects in development that will be placed at Epcot before this. The idea has never really died, it just sticks around like Tunder Mesa. But again, hate to break it to you, this is just wishful thinking.

            PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source:lol:
            Sure about that?

            I'm not saying that I know anything, I only know what I have read.

            Oh, if it helps, a member of this site also reported this information.
            sigpic


            Originally posted by Phonedave
            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: Mt. Fuji

              This whole Mt Fuji has been kicking around a long time. Theortically, it makes sense. Disney has wanted to add a thrill ride to WS for awhile, but couldn't find the backer.
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: Mt. Fuji

                Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                Really? Because I find a lot of info from there, that somehow shows up on here. In fact, I heard about Fuji on there first.

                Strange...
                I don't think any website has a corner on truths/rumors, nor would I discount any site. And even when something is funded, it doesn't always end up going through.

                That said, on a newsgroup I'm on, someone (reliable) mentioned this past week that a couple of countries were looking very recently at building in WS. Japan wasn't mentioned at all though.
                Denise

                www.mousesteps.com




                Favorite TDL Typo:

                Originally posted by TDLFAN
                I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                on Bay Lake.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: Mt. Fuji

                  Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
                  This whole Mt Fuji has been kicking around a long time. Theortically, it makes sense. Disney has wanted to add a thrill ride to WS for awhile, but couldn't find the backer.
                  Is it just me, or does WS just not seem like the place for a big thrill ride? I'm not saying it can't happen, or won't happen. I'd love to see some new countries, but not anything major as far as roller coasters, etc. unless inside with lots of room for queuing. I don't want long lines clogging up my lovely walkways.
                  Denise

                  www.mousesteps.com




                  Favorite TDL Typo:

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: Mt. Fuji

                    Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    I don't think any website has a corner on truths/rumors, nor would I discount any site. And even when something is funded, it doesn't always end up going through.

                    That said, on a newsgroup I'm on, someone (reliable) mentioned this past week that a couple of countries were looking very recently at building in WS. Japan wasn't mentioned at all though.

                    That is exactly my point, that one can't say one is reliable or not. It all depends on who you decide to trust. Just bugs me when someone else says one site is better than another or one site gives better information. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

                    Speaking of which, one of the websites I read listed Japan as a possible location, and this is a reliable source on that site. So, it's all a grain of salt until someone uses it in their recipe.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: Mt. Fuji

                      Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                      That is exactly my point, that one can't say one is reliable or not. It all depends on who you decide to trust. Just bugs me when someone else says one site is better than another or one site gives better information. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

                      Speaking of which, one of the websites I read listed Japan as a possible location, and this is a reliable source on that site. So, it's all a grain of salt until someone uses it in their recipe.
                      There are some people who truly know more than others. I am not one of them. It isn't the forum, it's the messenger.

                      That said, I don't tend to read much as far as rumors. I've found that even when I know something, it still might not happen. I don't like to be disappointed! :-D Maybe there will be a Mt. Fuji. Maybe there will be a Mount Kod(i)ak. Or perhaps Oklahoma will secede from the US, and build a fantastic pavillion like they had for the Food and Wine Festival. Ah, rumors.

                      There was one specific country named by the person on the newsgroup, he wasn't sure of who else might be talking now to Disney. So Japan it may be.
                      Denise

                      www.mousesteps.com




                      Favorite TDL Typo:

                      Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                      on Bay Lake.

                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: Mt. Fuji

                        Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
                        Sorry, I meant Meet the World. The building is currently used for storage and sits in the rear of the Japan pavillion. This attraction was built in TDL and now faces the possibility of demolition. I appologize for the confusion!
                        You seem confused yourself. TDL's Meet the World building was demolished long time ago and the new Monsters Inc building now sits there (check my latest TDL photos, link below).

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: Mt. Fuji

                          Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                          There are some people who truly know more than others. I am not one of them. It isn't the forum, it's the messenger.
                          And who hears from which higher up, and who posts on which forum. Just so many rumors out there, but there are people on every board with a reliable track record.

                          No worries. I try not to get my hopes up too...but it's still fun.

                          :ap:
                          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Re: Mt. Fuji

                            Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                            Isn't mt fugi considered a holy site for shinto religion? I thought I read that somewhere. actually the original concept for japan sounds a bit too much like it's a small world to me. Japan needs an attraction that doesn't have anything to do with movies or water since there are enough of those. not sure I want to see another thrill ride though.
                            Anything in nature can be considered holy by the Shinto religion. Shintoism isn't commonly or strictly practiced, it's more a cultural way of life to most people.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: Mt. Fuji

                              Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
                              This is all rumor, Disney is most certainly not looking into a mountain for Epcot, and even if they were, there are about ten new projects in development that will be placed at Epcot before this. The idea has never really died, it just sticks around like Tunder Mesa. But again, hate to break it to you, this is just wishful thinking.

                              PS: members from Florida on WDWmagic are not a reputable source:lol:
                              The Japan rumor was originally mentioned by Spirit over at laughingplace, and then someone at wdwmagic picked it up and presented it as a riddle (I don't know why he did that...I suppose he thought it'd be clever).

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: Mt. Fuji

                                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                You seem confused yourself. TDL's Meet the World building was demolished long time ago and the new Monsters Inc building now sits there (check my latest TDL photos, link below).
                                The poster meant the Meet the World show building behind Japan. It was built but the project was ditched at the last minute. That is why it ended up in TDL. The space is still back there.

                                There was even going to be a version of The Eternal Seas for Epcot - but they decided there were already too many movie-based attractions in the park.

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: Mt. Fuji

                                  Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                                  Really? Because I find a lot of info from there, that somehow shows up on here. In fact, I heard about Fuji on there first.

                                  Strange...
                                  Yes, but it isn't true, Thus lacking credibility.
                                  Webmaster of WDW News Today
                                  Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                                  Visit us at

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: Mt. Fuji

                                    Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                    Just a friendly MOD reminder... MiceChat does NOT tolerate other site bashing. Thank you.

                                    And sorry Imaginationeer, I don't understand... this is a RUMOR? Or is it just a wistful notion? I added the rumor tag but i'm not quite sure what you're talking about LOL
                                    I am not bashing the site, just saying there is a difference between what you hear on ANY discussion boards and a press release straight from Disney. One is fact, the other is fiction until proven true.

                                    Yes, this is a rumor, it is not definite. There are no OFFICIAL mentions or evidence to this at this time, so it is rumor for the time being, if not forever.
                                    Webmaster of WDW News Today
                                    Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                                    Visit us at

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: Mt. Fuji

                                      Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                                      That is exactly my point, that one can't say one is reliable or not. It all depends on who you decide to trust. Just bugs me when someone else says one site is better than another or one site gives better information. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
                                      I am not discrediting any sites, I am just saying that you can trust a press release to tell the truth, discussion boards are a whole other story. Yes, sometimes there are bits of news that end up becoming true, but the rumors that never materialize far outnumber them.

                                      Again, I am not bashing any websites. I just do not like that someone reported that this is from a reputable source, when it is from a forum. Please tell the truth when saying where you get something from.

                                      Thank You:thumbup:
                                      Webmaster of WDW News Today
                                      Host of the WDW News Today Podcast
                                      Visit us at

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: Mt. Fuji

                                        I remember Behind the Magic mentioning this in a podcast recently...

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: Mt. Fuji

                                          So far since this project was actually seriously considered before, it has more credibility than a lot of other things.

                                          And like all unofficial news, we all know to take news like this with a huge box of morton's kosher salt.

                                          But again, Disney PR doesn't have the greatest reputation when "telling the truth" either. Even Steven Sansweet, master collector for lucasfilm outright bashed news sites for posting that Star Tours 2 was in the works because it was so untrue... and we all know that it's in the works for realsies.


                                          Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                                          Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X