Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mt. Fuji

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: Mt. Fuji

    Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    So far since this project was actually seriously considered before, it has more credibility than a lot of other things.

    And like all unofficial news, we all know to take news like this with a huge box of morton's kosher salt.

    But again, Disney PR doesn't have the greatest reputation when "telling the truth" either. Even Steven Sansweet, master collector for lucasfilm outright bashed news sites for posting that Star Tours 2 was in the works because it was so untrue... and we all know that it's in the works for realsies.
    Same with the Contemporary DVC tower that doesn't exist.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #42
      Re: Mt. Fuji

      I remember being told about a Mt. Fuji attraction back in 1989 during Traditions when I was hired to work at Walt Disney World. That just goes to show you how long an attraction like this has been planned. It would be nice if they actually received the green light to continue working on it.

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: Mt. Fuji

        Originally posted by Imaginationeer View Post
        Yes, but it isn't true, Thus lacking credibility.
        You can't say that. A lot of websites have been spreading this rumor, and some reliable sources have mentioned this being true (though not in its original form). Heck, there have been many attractions that some very reliable sources have been left in the blue. Disney doesn't tell everyone who works for them what's going on. So, just because one reliable source says they haven't heard anything about it doesn't mean it isn't true.

        Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
        (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
        Four years of magic and still going strong.

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: Mt. Fuji

          ADMIN NOTE:

          Keep it civil, or this whole thread will be closed and litterboxed.


          -Dusty
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

          Find us on Facebook: .

          How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: Mt. Fuji

            Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
            You can't say that. A lot of websites have been spreading this rumor, and some reliable sources have mentioned this being true (though not in its original form). Heck, there have been many attractions that some very reliable sources have been left in the blue. Disney doesn't tell everyone who works for them what's going on. So, just because one reliable source says they haven't heard anything about it doesn't mean it isn't true.
            Aren't you guys from the same site?

            Really, no site has all the answers. Nobody does. That is why they are called rumors, not facts. Every now and then I get slipped something, but nothing is set in stone until Disney announces it. Except when they are building something (and they sssssh - won't tell anyone what it is!)
            Denise

            www.mousesteps.com




            Favorite TDL Typo:

            Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: Mt. Fuji

              Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
              Aren't you guys from the same site?

              Really, no site has all the answers. Nobody does. That is why they are called rumors, not facts. Every now and then I get slipped something, but nothing is set in stone until Disney announces it. Except when they are building something (and they sssssh - won't tell anyone what it is!)
              Yeah, we're close partner sites, and what you just said is true. Now, we don't want to see this thread closed because it has sparked a lot of creativity and discussion, so like Dusty said, let's keep this conversation civil and on the Mt. Fuji topic.

              Visit Disney Reporter - Where the Magic Lives
              (http://www.disneyreporter.net.ms)
              Four years of magic and still going strong.

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: Mt. Fuji

                Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                Is it just me, or does WS just not seem like the place for a big thrill ride?
                Personally, I agree with you. I just think Disney wouldn't mind sticking a thrill ride there somewhere whether its a Mt Fuji or a new country. I will say everytime you hear a rumor of a new country (such as the most recent one about an "asian" country) it invariably includes a E-ticket
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: Mt. Fuji

                  Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  Thank you Disneyreporter, that is a very interesting tidbit. Rumor is that the Mt. Fuji attraction almost got built at one point (sponsored by Fuji film) but Kodak objected and the project got dropped.

                  It sure would be great to have a couple of big ticket rides at the back of the World Showcase to help draw crowds that direction earlier in the day. Let's hope that something big gets built in that spot
                  I have heard this as well. It would be quite the addition to Epcot and the World Showcase as well. I hope this concept comes through this time.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: Mt. Fuji

                    Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                    I have heard this as well. It would be quite the addition to Epcot and the World Showcase as well. I hope this concept comes through this time.
                    Not quite right. They did consider a Mount Fuji attraction based on the bobsleds but Kodak objected (Fuji were never a considered sponsor).

                    It is the same reason why Figment went from green (as he was supposed to be) to purple. Kodak objected to Epcot having a character that was their rival's corporate color.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: Mt. Fuji

                      Originally posted by 4 Park Central View Post
                      Not quite right. They did consider a Mount Fuji attraction based on the bobsleds but Kodak objected (Fuji were never a considered sponsor).

                      It is the same reason why Figment went from green (as he was supposed to be) to purple. Kodak objected to Epcot having a character that was their rival's corporate color.


                      Uhhh... what? Why are you disagreeing with BigPigletFan? All she said that she heard the same rumors and hopes that it's true!


                      Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                      Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: Mt. Fuji

                        The rumor I had heard (possible right here on MiceAge but maybe Jim Hill Media) had to do with a thrill ride of some sort behind Germany, and that some work had been done to clear out that area.

                        Would Siemens sponsor another ride? Or some other big Deutch company?

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: Mt. Fuji

                          OK, I've decided to devote what little online play time I have to anotherdisneyplace.com, but since this thread really has become a turkey (and not the good kind that I'll be feasting on in 2 1/2 hrs) and since many people are 'borrowing' information from me, here's some facts:

                          1.) Mt. Fuji was a coaster/thrill-ride concept proposed for Japan during Michael Eisner's infamous Disney Decade Where Most Things Didn't Happen (you might want to remember this when reading all of the grandiose plans for DCA!);

                          2.) The reason it wasn't built had NOTHING (read that again, focus, because some spirits are very tired of reading the same Internet/CM/Disney geek/urban myths presented as fact) to do with Kodak and Fuji film companies. NOTHING. Itcame down to funding and priorities. Mount Fuji is one of the most well-known landmarks in Japan. That is why it was considered as an attraction to begin with. So please dispose of this crazy rumor along with the rumors of Disney building a fifth gate themed to villians ... or the dark spaces in the Swan and Dolphin being removable for monorails ... or the turrets of Cindy's Castle being removable in hurricanes ... or that River Country was closed due to killer bacteria in the water etc ... NO TRUTH TO ANY OF THEM.

                          3.) Right now there is a MAJOR attraction being worked up for Japan and Joe Rohde has done design/conceptual work on it.

                          4.) It is NOT the same Mount Fuji concept from the late 80s/early 90s, but IS a large-scale E-Ticket, thrill ride.

                          5.) It has not 'officially' received the green-light but is considered a shoe-in to do so as Mitsukoshi has offered to put up money, as they have the past few years for the great redos of their department store and dining facilities at EPCOT;

                          6.) If things progress the way they are, this attraction will be open in the 2011-12 timeframe;

                          7.) This attraction has nothing to do with the proposed raft ride for Canada, which also is likely to happen (even though some of us think rides that get you wetter than a shower have no place in Disney parks at all);

                          OK ... glad to have been able to help straighten things out.

                          Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, but remember you really don't want to have five helpings and wind up looking like the typical WDW guest!

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: Mt. Fuji

                            Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                            OK, I've decided to devote what little online play time I have to anotherdisneyplace.com, but since this thread really has become a turkey (and not the good kind that I'll be feasting on in 2 1/2 hrs) and since many people are 'borrowing' information from me, here's some facts:

                            1.) Mt. Fuji was a coaster/thrill-ride concept proposed for Japan during Michael Eisner's infamous Disney Decade Where Most Things Didn't Happen (you might want to remember this when reading all of the grandiose plans for DCA!);

                            2.) The reason it wasn't built had NOTHING (read that again, focus, because some spirits are very tired of reading the same Internet/CM/Disney geek/urban myths presented as fact) to do with Kodak and Fuji film companies. NOTHING. Itcame down to funding and priorities. Mount Fuji is one of the most well-known landmarks in Japan. That is why it was considered as an attraction to begin with. So please dispose of this crazy rumor along with the rumors of Disney building a fifth gate themed to villians ... or the dark spaces in the Swan and Dolphin being removable for monorails ... or the turrets of Cindy's Castle being removable in hurricanes ... or that River Country was closed due to killer bacteria in the water etc ... NO TRUTH TO ANY OF THEM.

                            3.) Right now there is a MAJOR attraction being worked up for Japan and Joe Rohde has done design/conceptual work on it.

                            4.) It is NOT the same Mount Fuji concept from the late 80s/early 90s, but IS a large-scale E-Ticket, thrill ride.

                            5.) It has not 'officially' received the green-light but is considered a shoe-in to do so as Mitsukoshi has offered to put up money, as they have the past few years for the great redos of their department store and dining facilities at EPCOT;

                            6.) If things progress the way they are, this attraction will be open in the 2011-12 timeframe;

                            7.) This attraction has nothing to do with the proposed raft ride for Canada, which also is likely to happen (even though some of us think rides that get you wetter than a shower have no place in Disney parks at all);

                            OK ... glad to have been able to help straighten things out.

                            Everyone have a great Thanksgiving, but remember you really don't want to have five helpings and wind up looking like the typical WDW guest!
                            Thank you. And yay for Raft Ride in Canada, as well as more to Japan! If it's anything like Kali, no one will get wet anyway.

                            We can always count on the wonderful WDW1974 to help sort it all out for us. :ap:
                            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: Mt. Fuji

                              I think every country in world showcase should have some kind of attraction but I must admit I am water ride and movied out. I hope this is just the beginning for world showcase. maybe a new country or two. and I would love to see a redo of imagination and energy. maybe new management is actually putting money into the park instead of bonus checks.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: Mt. Fuji

                                Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
                                I think every country in world showcase should have some kind of attraction but I must admit I am water ride and movied out. I hope this is just the beginning for world showcase. maybe a new country or two. and I would love to see a redo of imagination and energy. maybe new management is actually putting money into the park instead of bonus checks.
                                I also find the prospect of another water ride to be less than thrilling---unless they have a really creative twist to the traditional raft or log flume ride. But if it's going to be a raft ride, that's very disappointing. I don't mind water rides if there's no chance you'll get soaked. A little water is fine, but really, who wants to walk around drenched by nasty theme park chemicalwater. How magical is that? The Dudley Do-Right flume at IOA would be a fun ride but you get completely soaked, so I never ride it.

                                On the other hand, this talk about a Joe Rhode-Japan ride is certainly more exciting than the Canada business.

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: Mt. Fuji

                                  Originally posted by testudo View Post
                                  I also find the prospect of another water ride to be less than thrilling---unless they have a really creative twist to the traditional raft or log flume ride. But if it's going to be a raft ride, that's very disappointing.
                                  I agree. With Kali River Rapids already a short distance away, I find another river rafting attraction to be redundant. This version sounds like it would be too similar to Grizzly River Run anyways and would not offer something dramatically different over the traditional versions found at almost every theme park.
                                  Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: Mt. Fuji

                                    Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                                    I remember seeing concept art for this back when Disneyland had a preview center! I'd love to see it actually come to fruition.

                                    Does anyone have any concept art for this?
                                    http://twitter.com/#!/CaseyCBeard

                                    http://www.facebook.com/Coach.Casey.Fitness

                                    www.beachbodycoach.com/caseyb

                                    www.myshakeology.com/caseyb

                                    sigpic

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: Mt. Fuji

                                      Japan would be the first country in the world showcase I would pick to get a ride, because I find the real country and it's culture very interesting.
                                      I wish this would be bigger than Everest though. I haven't riden Everest yet, but from videos I have seen, it seems to be lacking enough special effects and theming while on ride.

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: Mt. Fuji

                                        Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                                        Japan would be the first country in the world showcase I would pick to get a ride, because I find the real country and it's culture very interesting.
                                        I wish this would be bigger than Everest though. I haven't riden Everest yet, but from videos I have seen, it seems to be lacking enough special effects and theming while on ride.
                                        I agree. Expedition Everest has a fantastic queue and set up, but the actual ride itself falls short in my opinion. I would venture to say that Big Thunder Mountain offers a better and more elaborate show experience while on the ride itself. Aside from the Yeti animatronic and projection, there isn't much to see on Expedition Everest. After the big drop, it's pretty much over.
                                        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: Mt. Fuji

                                          Another raft ride?
                                          Hm...not too excited about that...well, if they uped the ante on theming for KRR, then maybe I say go for it in Canada, but meh.

                                          Comment

                                          Get Away Today Footer

                                          Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X