• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coheteboy
    replied
    Re: Mt. Fuji

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
    But why would Mr Rhode be working on this? That makes no sense at all.
    Why not? He was the guy in charge of Everest. I'd think he's the perfect guy to pull off Mt. Fuji while taking the project in a direction that wouldn't become redundant otherwise. It is another snow capped mountain... that's where the similarities should end.

Leave a comment:

• TheManator
    replied

But why would Mr Rhode be working on this? That makes no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• MJMcB
    replied

here's another bit about the revived Mt Fuji rumor

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/11/26...cket/#comments

Leave a comment:

• disneyreporter
    replied

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    One most likely is the replacement for Superstar Television, since they are apparently working on something in there.
    Well, one of the theaters (ABC ... I think) is supposedly receiving a new show reusing some of the Millionaire technology.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

One most likely is the replacement for Superstar Television, since they are apparently working on something in there.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I believe Disney has already decided on the concept for the attraction and is doing nothing but fine-tuning at this juncture.

As to an announcement, who knows?

Disney is already well at work on a timeshare tower at the Contemporary and has yet to publically state one word.

Disney already has at least three attractions in development for the Studios and hasn't announced any ... or the new version of Star Tours for that matter.

That's just the way the Mouse House operates.
    Are the three attractions for the studio: Great Movie ride redo, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Pixar wild mouse coaster?

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

I believe Disney has already decided on the concept for the attraction and is doing nothing but fine-tuning at this juncture.

As to an announcement, who knows?

Disney is already well at work on a timeshare tower at the Contemporary and has yet to publically state one word.

Disney already has at least three attractions in development for the Studios and hasn't announced any ... or the new version of Star Tours for that matter.

That's just the way the Mouse House operates.

Leave a comment:

• disneyreporter
    replied

Originally posted by TheManator View Post
    Hey, if Uni isn't going to give us a time travel ride anymore... :P
    Anyways - any new news on this Japan Pavillion rumor?
    What what I've been told recently, don't expect any concrete details until about this time next year. For the next few months, it will all be different concepts being passed around.

Leave a comment:

• TheManator
    replied

Hey, if Uni isn't going to give us a time travel ride anymore... :P
    Anyways - any new news on this Japan Pavillion rumor?

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I believe the laws of physics refers to the structure of Spaceship Earth itself, which would not have been able to support the Time Racer concept without collapsing. Just be glad Siemens came in to take back SSE to its former glory.
    Thanks for the explanation. My mistake then. :blush:

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    To be fair, going back and forth in time is not any more far-fetched than say... launching into space or some other extreme.
    I believe the laws of physics refers to the structure of Spaceship Earth itself, which would not have been able to support the Time Racer concept without collapsing. Just be glad Siemens came in to take back SSE to its former glory.

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    ^^Time Racers ... and, sadly, more than just a rumor.

Thankfully, saner minds ... and the laws of physics prevailed!
    To be fair, going back and forth in time is not any more far-fetched than say... launching into space or some other extreme.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

^^Time Racers ... and, sadly, more than just a rumor.

Thankfully, saner minds ... and the laws of physics prevailed!

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied

Originally posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Right, right. I thought it was a little earlier though, my mistake.
    I think it also included plans to convert SSE in to a coaster as well...:croll:
    The infamous Time Chasers rumor.

Leave a comment:

• Sorvian
    replied

Why?

Leave a comment:

• WDW Monorail
    replied

Right, right. I thought it was a little earlier though, my mistake.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Correct.

Project Gemini was earlier this decade and featured some very weird ideas (like a rolley coaster outdoors around the Land).

It was designed to add greenery to FW, and take away much of the original walkways/look ... it was then going to be renamed Discoveryland.

Bad concept all around. But it was an extreme makeover for the park ... but mostly just FW.

Leave a comment:

• malice
    replied

If I am not mistaken, Mt.Fuji was a Project Gemini design.
    i remember seeing them mentioning plans for mt. fuji (complete with model unveiling) on the 15th anniversary TV special hosted by bea arthur and bettie o' dell. i think i still have a betamax recording of it lying around somewhere. so no, mt fuji was not a project gemini (2002) design.

Leave a comment:

• WDW Monorail
    replied

If I am not mistaken, Mt.Fuji was a Project Gemini design.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Originally posted by 4 Park Central View Post
    Sorry - I didn't make my timeline clear. Mount Fuji was originally considered to be in the park at opening. It got very close to being greenlighted. And the reason why was entirely down to Kodak. Take it from someone who was involved in those discussions all those years ago.
    I'm sorry, but that's just not what I know to be true at all.

The only attraction ever conceived originally for Japan was the 'Meet The World' carousel theater show that was also at TDL until about 3-4 years ago. That's why the show building was erected.

Mount Fuji as a coaster was never mentioned until the very late 80s timeframe.

The Kodak story is just a bad rumor that makes no sense whatsoever. Perhaps, it was used as an 'excuse' by people in power then (although I've never heard one exec at either WDI or P&R say so).

And I've talked to enough folks at WDI to know what reality is. If you've got some more information I'll be glad to listen, but unless you've got proof I'll stick with what I've been told.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X