Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaymi
    replied
    i don't think there's a good time to go. its always going to be busy whenever you go even when its in the "slow" season. the weather is always going to be unpredictable. it could be nice via weather reports, but you never know until you get there.

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Ortizmo2000
    replied
    I gotta say that having done WDW two Januaries in a row that Jan-Feb is THE time to go. The weather is borderline perfect (California-like even) and the holiday crowds have all gone home. No, it's not quite a ghost town but it's as close as you will get. If you wanna compare it to DL out on the west coast where I grew up, then yes....ghost town would be accurate, at least that time of year.

I also can't recommend Fairy Godmother Travel enough. Shirley Morris over there has set up my last two trips with all I needed and a cool 400-500 or so in savings on some very nice accommodations. I'd seriously consider giving her a call. Got her on speed dial for 1/2020!

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    replied
    thank you for sharing tips and first-hand experiences

Leave a comment:

• Barbaraann
    replied
    You might not be in the heart of a hurricane, but expect rain at least in September. I was there two years ago for my September birthday, and the rain was horrible almost every evening. Night time stuff was ruined, and I missed fireworks, night time at AK, Illuminations, and much more. I can stand the heat, but returning to my hotel all those nights soaked to my skin was no fun at all. I do remember the wonderful hot soup I had at Pop Century on two of those night, for some reason though.

Leave a comment:

• danlb_2000
    replied
    Originally posted by ADDel View Post

We are more worried about avoiding the hurricanes and tropical storms rather than crowd levels.

Aiming for a mid-feb arrival after Presidents day
    Crowds are much more likely to impact your enjoyment then hurricanes.

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    replied
    Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
    There are no more slow seasons at Disney World. Even January and February are filled with festivals and marathons to ensure that those times are busy. I hear that summer is getting less busy due to the heat.

But if you still plan on doing February, try to go midweek and avoid President's day weekend at all costs.
    We are more worried about avoiding the hurricanes and tropical storms rather than crowd levels.

Aiming for a mid-feb arrival after Presidents day

Leave a comment:

• toonaspie
    replied
    There are no more slow seasons at Disney World. Even January and February are filled with festivals and marathons to ensure that those times are busy. I hear that summer is getting less busy due to the heat.

But if you still plan on doing February, try to go midweek and avoid President's day weekend at all costs.

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
    If you don't do heat. September is a death sentence. I like January, right after the holidays. Usually no crowds.
    I think I will postpone the trip until 2/2020

Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• Darth Scottie
    replied
    If you don't do heat. September is a death sentence. I like January, right after the holidays. Usually no crowds.

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    replied
    Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post

September is the peak of hurricane season in Florida, but hurricanes are not all that common. The odds of Florida getting hit with a hurricane during your vacation will be small, and an even smaller chance of hitting Orlando. If one does hit, Disney is a pretty safe place to be as long as you follow instructions. You may get a closure of the parks, but you get the benefit of much lower crowds right before and after the storm. The bigger issue with hurricanes is how they will impact your travel plans, especially if you are flying, so I would be more concerned about that, then any impact on your time there.

Beyond hurricanes the weather is still hot in September and you will likely still get the quick afternoon thunderstorms.
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• danlb_2000
    replied
    Originally posted by ADDel View Post
    I am looking to visit WDW for the first time this year. However, I am coming across conflicting reports online regarding weather. What is it like during the month of September? Do hurricanes happen that often during this month?

Thanks in advance!
    September is the peak of hurricane season in Florida, but hurricanes are not all that common. The odds of Florida getting hit with a hurricane during your vacation will be small, and an even smaller chance of hitting Orlando. If one does hit, Disney is a pretty safe place to be as long as you follow instructions. You may get a closure of the parks, but you get the benefit of much lower crowds right before and after the storm. The bigger issue with hurricanes is how they will impact your travel plans, especially if you are flying, so I would be more concerned about that, then any impact on your time there.

Beyond hurricanes the weather is still hot in September and you will likely still get the quick afternoon thunderstorms.

Leave a comment:

• ADDel
    started a topic Best time to go?

Best time to go?

I am looking to visit WDW for the first time this year. However, I am coming across conflicting reports online regarding weather. What is it like during the month of September? Do hurricanes happen that often during this month?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X