This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Rex at WDW

I posted this on the thread for Kevin's column, but I'll post it here, too.

I've been to the T-Rex in KCK a few times with the kids, and lemme tell you, if you've been to Rainforest Cafe, you've been to T-Rex. Now, that's not all bad, as the decoration and immersion are quite impressive (and better than Rainforest in most ways), but the food is predictable aside from the few spicy pieces they had.

When you walk in, there is a large animatronic bronto at the door to meet you. it's at least 30-feet tall. It roars, blows hot air, the whole bit, It scared the heck out of my kids the first two times. But they got used to it.

There are a number of areas: The lava field, the ice age area, the underwater area. All are well decorated with a ton to look at for the kids.

But, as you might expect, it's loud, the wait is usually really long (a lot of space went to "stuff" instead of seating in this huge location) and like I said, the food is just decent.

There's also a build-a-dino store by the build-a-bear people. I liked the options for dinosaurs, but it's not much different than any other build-a-bear.

There are some educational plaques around the place explaining why there's a woolly mammoth in that giant block of "ice" and stuff like that.

All in all, my family (me, 35, wife, 39, daughter, 5 and son, 7) prefers the Dave and Buster's next door for better food and a longer experience.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.
    "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

Re: T-Rex at WDW

Thanks! I figured it would be similar to Rainforest, which I don't like (I don't plan to eat at the new T-Rex). I tend to not like those type of chains much - Planet Hollywood included.

I'd rather go to Raglan Road.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Funny you mention that, since the second Raglan Road is going to open soon... in Kansas City! I hope it's worth it. I love Irish pubs.

T-Rex is fine. nothing much better. just fine.
      "I just want to say, this is the best trip ever." - Aidan at age 4

"No. I have no kiss in my mouth for Daddy." -Alida on Father's Day

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        Funny you mention that, since the second Raglan Road is going to open soon... in Kansas City! I hope it's worth it. I love Irish pubs.

T-Rex is fine. nothing much better. just fine.

Really? I didn't know they planned to expand. I really enjoy it. They also have terrific entertainment.

I didn't expect much from T-Rex. And I've only dined at Rainforest and PH once each, and that was enough. The food wasn't so good at either, service was just okay, and the theming was worth only one visit.

Denise
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
          And I've only dined at Rainforest and PH once each, and that was enough. The food wasn't so good at either, service was just okay, and the theming was worth only one visit.

Denise
          We are going to the Rainforest Cafe at AK for breakfast, we have never been to one before and are going mainly for the theming and the experience of having been to one, but it's something i can only see us doing once.
          However, i have heard many bad reviews about both RF Cafe's in Disney and one of the main complaints i've heard apart from bad service and the food being overpriced is that it's so loud in there, i expected a certain amount of noise but i did'nt realise just how loud it is until i read through many reviews and most of them said the same thing, some people even complained of having a migraine after being in there.
          I think i'll take a pair of my HL earplugs in there with me and if the noise gets too much i can wear them while there!
          I haven't booked for PH, we have never been to one apart from to look around the gift shop but it's something that has never appealed to us, to dine there, same goes for Hard Rock Cafe.

Comment

I think earplugs might be a good thing. I just ate there once (Rainforest). The pot roast was not nearly as good as I could make one, and they sat the mashed potatoes on a HUGE slab of white bread. Not many potatoes, lots of bread. I remember thinking that I could have gone to Outback instead and gotten a better meal for half the price.

I'll get an email to you today also, I know I'm so late in responding (I like to make sure I answer everything you ask!)
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

I'll get an email to you today also, I know I'm so late in responding (I like to make sure I answer everything you ask!)
              That's ok, i know you have been extra busy this week, there's no hurry

Comment

Originally posted by Charmed-One View Post
                That's ok, i know you have been extra busy this week, there's no hurry
                Today will probably be best! I just need to get the price for you on the pins, you'd think I would know it by heart since I had them rung up so many times! But tomorrow I'm going down to Disney, then it's Thanksgiving (Disney) then Friday - Disney. I would rather have done Thanksgiving here, having it in a restaurant really isn't the same.

I am going to need a break from Disney soon. :-D
                Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

rain forest isdnt that bad, i dont kno to much about t-rex. but i sa contructionon i while we were down there 3 weeks ago it looks like its going to be interesting , expecially inthe spot they put it!

Comment

Thanks! I figured it would be similar to Rainforest, which I don't like (I don't plan to eat at the new T-Rex). I tend to not like those type of chains much - Planet Hollywood included.

I'd rather go to Raglan Road.
                    no love for the planet
                    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X