This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk closing at 10:30 because of fire hazzard

I thought I heard this on the news today. anyone know anytthing about it? seems strange that the park would be so full on a tues, even if it's thanksgiving week.

Re: Mk closing at 10:30 because of fire hazzard

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I thought I heard this on the news today. anyone know anytthing about it? seems strange that the park would be so full on a tues, even if it's thanksgiving week.
    I haven't heard anything about it. The park should be full all week, since it's a holiday week (that is normal).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Comment

Hmm.. jimmybop is there and he hasn't mentioned anything other than the park closing at midnight. Great castle lights, MILF's new preshow is good, timing of the shows is the same as Turtle Talk and there was a 30 minute wait for Space.

Comment

I also looked at the disneyworld.com calendar, orlandosentinel.com, and wftv.com and I can not find any mention of this. I even checked a dedicated WDW fansite and there is nothing about this.

I don't think it has rained here in a few days, but I don't think the fire danger is too high. If it gets too high there is an alert on the orlandosentinel.com home page and it is not there right now. Also, the forecast calls for a small chance of rain over the next few days.

So, I don't think the park closed at 10:30 or will close at 10:30 this week. I hope that helps.

OK. Now I know you meant fire hazard (as in too many people in the park). :blush:

I can not imagine they closed the park due to capacity issues two days before Thanksgiving, but I have just read another report about this on another website. This means I have to go check this out for myself.
        Last edited by PhotoMatt; 11-21-2007, 09:54 AM.

Comment

OK. Now I know you meant fire hazard (as in too many people in the park).

I can not imagine they closed the park due to capacity issues two days before Thanksgiving, but I have just read another report about this on another website. This means I have to go check this out for myself.
          yes that's what i meant that they closed the park yesterday at 10:30 AM because there were too many people. I thought I hadnot heard it right. It was on the noon news. I didn't realise the place was THAT crowded two days before thanksgiving. I don't remember them closing the MK at thanksgiving ever, christmas week yes but not thanksgiving and definitely not on a tuesday.

Comment

It doesn't mean the park closed ... it means they closed the gates for anyone else to enter, because by that time the park had filled to capacity. Anyone already inside the park was free to enjoy the park during the entire posted operating hours. It's not like the park closed and everyone had to leave.

Comment

Makes me think that I cant wait to get there on Christmas Week LOL!
              WDWNewsletter.com

Comment

Do you mean a full phase 4 closure?
                sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

The park closes due to capacity reached. It closes in this order:

First to outside guests..meaning only resort guests can go in.
                  Second - it will close to resort guests also.

This usually only lasts a few hours, so go over and enjoy one of the other parks and then go back a little later in the day.

Hope this helps....
                  Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
                  Mice Chat Travel Planner
                  [email protected]
                  www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

Comment

i thought it closed to outside guests if the TTC was filled. dont know what stage they reached on tuesday just know that the fire marshall closed the gates of MK and only MK at 10:30. I don't know if it reopened later in the day, but am sure it did. this happens all the time christmas week. I have been at MK when the park opened at it was closed an hour later. That is the worst time of year to go anywhere near orlando because all parks reach near capacity if not capacity.

Comment

There are 4 closing levels:

Phase 1: Guests with Magic Your Way Base Tickets, one day tickets, guests without admission, and CMs using the main gate are turned around at the parking lot.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, only if using a taxi or resort transportation. In other words, the parking lot is closed.

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP admitted, using only resort transportation

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                      Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X