This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispering Canyon

My wife and 10 month old will be visiting WDW in January. Since we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, we are considering dinner at Whispering Canyon. I've heard mixed reviews regarding this restaurant. Any personal experiences and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Whispering Canyon

If you are looking for a low-key, quiet romantic restaurant, then this is not for you. It's a loud, boisterous, crazy insane family restaurant that is a whole lot of fun! You are served family style, and the servers tend to have a lot of fun picking on the guests, teasingly. There are hobby horse races, loud yelling, and people running all over the place. If you are the types of people who do not like attention drawn to yourselves, then this is not the place for you either. However, I will say it is tons of fun, and everyone who eats there, including myself, has a great time.

The food itself is nothing spectacular, just traditional American dishes served family style (though there are entrees also, but you get a lot of it, and it is filling and good!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Make sure to have your wife ask for Ketchup.

Comment

I've never been here for dinner, but breakfast is great and lots of fun. It's one of my favorite places.

Comment

I have NO idea of why they call it "Whispering", other than as a fun Disney poke in the ribs. It's true, very loud, lots of singing and laughing going on. Great place to try once! I loved the food all three times we went (We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge as well) for dinner and breakfast. Be prepared for a lot of food. Huge portions and all you can eat.

We went three times because we had the dining plan and wanted to take advantage of our meal credits. It ended up being too much food for us for the week. We may have only gone once (or maybe twice including breakfast) if we were paying separately.

Also, we spent a lot of time (and food credits) at the Roaring Fork for drinks, snacks and breakfasts. That's the little fast food restaurant in the resort.

Have a wonderful time! We've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge twice and it's beautiful. Be sure and catch the Electrical Water Pageant with your baby.

Comment

This was one of our favorites places, dining wise, on our last trip. In fact, we were telling my MIL about it this morning about breakfast. Our meal was good and our server was spectacular. We just had a blast. Make sure to ask for a large drink too

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Good food but greater fun with the staff.

Do ask for ketchup

Comment

We've always had a good time there and now it's become a traditional stop for us every year during our Christmas vacation. (17 more days!)
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

Comment

We went last July and I think we got a "dud' waiter. We didn't get in on any of the jokes. It was fun, but not as much fun as we excepted! Food was just ok, kinda cold. Atmosphere was great! If your 10 month old doesn't like loud noises then this is not the place for you! Otherwise, you could give it a try!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

let's just say there ain't no whispering!

I do like how the resturtant is kinda open to the main lobby, when checking in you can hear the loud fun sounds from the crowds eating. It just draws you to the front podium and you just get the feeling that you just have to be seated right away!

Comment

I keep getting confused between what happens at the Whispering Canyon and what happens at the Prime Time 50s

I know both have a lot of staff interaction, which is which and which is better?

Im thinking of taking wife to one of them next year and not warning her.
                      CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
                      www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                      www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

The name Whispering Canyon is total irony. The restaurant is extremely LOUD! That being said... it's a great place. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge not too long ago and had lunch there. The service is very personal and the little "events" that the staff put on (such as the pony races and cowboy dances) were great fun to watch. And the food was delicious, too! Just be ready for a lot of noise... other then that, have fun.

-Skip

Comment

I absolutely LOVE Whispering Canyon Cafe! We had the all you could eat & the bottomless milkshakes & we were good for the whole night. I really like that they added the peel&eat shrimp to the all you can eat menu because it's so good!

But definately ask for ketchup.

.. a dream is a wish your heart makes

Comment

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
                            I keep getting confused between what happens at the Whispering Canyon and what happens at the Prime Time 50s

I know both have a lot of staff interaction, which is which and which is better?

Im thinking of taking wife to one of them next year and not warning her.
                            Either place is fun. 50s Prime Time is the 50s setting with a "relative" waiting on your and treating you like kids. At Whispering Canyon, you are waited on by "cowboys/girls" who just joke around with families. The experience really depends on your waiter. Between the two, I might pick Whispering Canyon. Even if you get a less-than-enthused waiter, the room is open and you can see and interact with other guests. At 50s Prime Time, the place is organized into many rooms with a few tables, so it is a lot more dependent on the personality of your waiter.

I've always had a blast at Whispering Canyon. The food is okay, but the atmosphere makes it what it is.
                            "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
                            - Walt Disney

Comment

Another thing about the Whispering Canyon, it's open air right in the lobby, so if you want to check it out beforehand, might give you an idea of what to expect. Maybe make the ressie, then check it out. You can always cancel if you don't think it will be your cup of tea.
                              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

If I want to be abused when dining, I'll go out to dinner with my family.

I guess that tells you what I think of WC.

Comment

Here's a review I wrote a short time ago

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/05/09...lodge/#respond
                                  www.jamboeveryone.com
                                  Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X