Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death of EPCOT

Comment

Eh, I was just at EPCOT for the first time in a while and it’s on life support (or at least Future World is). I like the neighborhood divisions - nature, science, and culture. Only thing that doesn’t really fit right now is imagination, which desperately needs an upgrade. It seems like test track and mission space will need upgrades soon too. Other than that, it’s be nice to see a few more rides in world showcase; with ratatouille added, there’ll still only be 3 real rides and 2-3 films/shows.

Comment

I don't mind the renovation as my first visit was way past Epcot's prime, which was decades ago. There's no nostalgia for me to compare too. I loved Epcot during my visits, but it was mostly due to having drinks with my family and enjoying the scenery as most of the rides were all really lacking. I always found the studio theme to be boring for DHS as well, especially with us Californians having a real studio theme-park. I'll take what they'e been doing to DHS over boring, studio-themed walls anyway (which are making the courtyard look outdated now). I don't mind them taking away from the studio aspect and switching over to being in the movies. If Animal Kingdom is amazing though and should never change its direction. I agree the Epcot many know decades ago is dead, but not this year. It's been dead for ages!

Comment

Originally posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
          I don't mind the renovation as my first visit was way past Epcot's prime, which was decades ago. There's no nostalgia for me to compare too. I loved Epcot during my visits, but it was mostly due to having drinks with my family and enjoying the scenery as most of the rides were all really lacking. I always found the studio theme to be boring for DHS as well, especially with us Californians having a real studio theme-park. I'll take what they'e been doing to DHS over boring, studio-themed walls anyway (which are making the courtyard look outdated now). I don't mind them taking away from the studio aspect and switching over to being in the movies. If Animal Kingdom is amazing though and should never change its direction. I agree the Epcot many know decades ago is dead, but not this year. It's been dead for ages!
          agreed

I loved 80's Epcot even if I have a few early memories of it and mainly remember its 90's remnant more. The truth is that the park has been a shell of itself for over a decade. The garden look will at least give it new life. I dislike how franchise centric it will be but I do look forward to what a more modern design can bring for the park as the sheer 80's vibe was starting to burden it.

I wish these guardens and modern designs could be in service to science but considering we were getting alot of commercial half built things anyways and even the old classic sponsor model didn't always keep the attractions as scientifically sharp as they probably should've been.
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

80's EPCOT was great, it was sad to see them gut parts of the park but the parts that remained got dated really quick, 80's EPCOT in 2019 is very very dated I am really excited for the update myself and feel the concept is a great one.
            BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Working...
            X