Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Resort guests shouldn't be expected to make reservations so far in advance.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resort guests shouldn't be expected to make reservations so far in advance.

I've heard numerous people complain about having to make Disney World dining & attraction reservations so far in advance.

Do you think Disney could do better? Of course to answer that you'll have to define what "better" means for you.

When would you prefer Disney allow you & other resort guests to make attractions & dining reservations?

This is one major reason I dont take more trips. Some of my trips are last minute and this removes the fun. Disney apparently holds back a certain number of reservations for resort guests. They need to just hold back a big block that is released each morning. Its wonderful Marry Agness can pre plan every ride of her trip and meal 6 months ahead but I dont have that luxury. I am busy with life. If Disney held back a bigger block they could greatly reduce this problem. Disney may also consider eliminating the booking fastpasses any more than 1 day out. How many of the passes go unused when booked? The fastpass idea has been bastardized to the point it hinders a good time. You feel you have failed on your day planning before you ever get into the park. The Disney company tells on themselves when they claim " Galaxys Edge with 4 hours lines would be a failure." Then based on your barometer of measure there are LOTS of failures in WDW and DL. Eliminate those lines Disney if thats your benchmark and you can effect it. Greatly reduce the reservations down to restaurants and shows. Ahh the old days of equality in the parks!
    Last edited by mhguy77; 09-08-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

While Disney spins this as a convenience to you, the reality is that all it does is help them staff appropriately better. You're so regimented in your plans, but Disney saves money but knowing how many people to have on the floor.

Comment

This is no benefit to the customer. They are able to coerce lots of people to fill a park because they are offering "extra hours". It overwhelms the park and the quality of visit declines. I seriously think they should severely limit the reservations and put in single rider lines. The experience is so centered around your phone they are selling battery exchanges. Not really very magical if you ask me.

Comment

Personally, I prefer more spontaneity in my travels. It’s one thing booking that dinner show months ahead, but I often don’t know what park I’m really going to be in the mood for on a particular day. I know you can make changes during your trip, but it also forces a situation where finding food could be difficult since people have already made their reservations for dining months ahead as well.
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

I think a couple months out should be enough. People usually have a pretty clear idea of where their life is going in the next couple of months and also make binding flight arrangements by then.

The six-month thing for restaurants is probably just complete nonsense anyhow. People book stuff "just in case," and then cancel. I know I've done this on numerous occasions, when I'm hopeful we can arrange a trip. And I don't like feeling like a "reservation hog." I've also wondered how it works well for Disney, since they require a credit card and presumably pay a fee for processing the credit card. Then when people cancel left and right, seems like it would cost them money. (Of course, they seem to know all the tricks to make money, so I won't second-guess them too much there.)

Anyhow, I think the planning for a WDW trip is totally out of control -- and I'm a planner by nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post
              I think a couple months out should be enough. People usually have a pretty clear idea of where their life is going in the next couple of months and also make binding flight arrangements by then.

The six-month thing for restaurants is probably just complete nonsense anyhow. People book stuff "just in case," and then cancel. I know I've done this on numerous occasions, when I'm hopeful we can arrange a trip. And I don't like feeling like a "reservation hog." I've also wondered how it works well for Disney, since they require a credit card and presumably pay a fee for processing the credit card. Then when people cancel left and right, seems like it would cost them money. (Of course, they seem to know all the tricks to make money, so I won't second-guess them too much there.)

Anyhow, I think the planning for a WDW trip is totally out of control -- and I'm a planner by nature.
              Another upcharge-game that Disney plays with guest........it is
              out of control
              IMO also wrong...... and I would not do it .......
              I prefer more spontaneity!
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

This is a big part of why I haven’t returned to WDW since 2001. I was never a fan of Fastpass to begin with (I believe that It makes standby queues painfully slower, which negatively affects the overall experience), but Maxpass at DLR has made it more tolerable and significantly better than FP+.

I just dont see how families do it. Younger kids don’t always follow strict schedules. Unexpected bathroom stops, mid-day meltdowns, fussy eaters, falling asleep in the stroller when you don’t expect them and times you need them to nap and they won’t. None of this fits into the FP+ model in my opinion.
                Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                Walt Disney World
                Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Originally posted by Pips View Post

The six-month thing for restaurants is probably just complete nonsense anyhow. . .

I'm with you on this.

A trip to Disney World could be an excellent subject for stand up comedy.

Comment

Working...
                  X