Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to WDW for my first time next week

Hi guys!

I dont know how i got so lucky in life, but my best friend who works for Disney has to fly to WDW next weekend to work a broadcast/event and I get to be her plus one! I am internally freaking out. I get to stay at the Polynesian resort and 2 days (fri and sat) in the park(s).

She will be working a lot so I will be alone for a lot of the trip, which I am fine with. However, this is my first time at WDW and I have no idea what I am getting myself into. I am a seasoned vet here at Disneyland in Anaheim but obviously its a whole different beast at WDW.

Can you fine people offer any tips, tricks, insider info and anything cool I can do solo? Unfortunately we dont get our tickets until we get to the park friday so I cant reserve fast pass!!

First thing, Friday the 20th is a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom, so plan accordingly. It's a great even if you are interested in going, if not remember that Magic Kingdom will close to regular guests at 7:00 PM. If you don't go to the party you can still watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. Also, Epcot food and Wine festival will be going on, so crowds will be heavier Friday night and Saturday, especially in the afternoon. Since you have never been to WDW I would recommend spending at least some time in Epcot. Since you only have two days, you might want to skip DHS since it has a lot of duplication with DL. Animal Kingdom is a lot different then anything in DL, so if you have some time I would recommend it. The Avatar Flight of Passage ride there is, IMHO, one of the best rides at WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by danlb_2000 View Post
      First thing, Friday the 20th is a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom, so plan accordingly. It's a great even if you are interested in going, if not remember that Magic Kingdom will close to regular guests at 7:00 PM. If you don't go to the party you can still watch the fireworks from the Poly beach. Also, Epcot food and Wine festival will be going on, so crowds will be heavier Friday night and Saturday, especially in the afternoon. Since you have never been to WDW I would recommend spending at least some time in Epcot. Since you only have two days, you might want to skip DHS since it has a lot of duplication with DL. Animal Kingdom is a lot different then anything in DL, so if you have some time I would recommend it. The Avatar Flight of Passage ride there is, IMHO, one of the best rides at WDW.
      thank you for the heads up!! i was thinking of doing animal kingdom for sure since we dont have that here. And epcot 10000%. I heard the avatar ride is really hard to get on so im going to have to navigate my way on that...also sucks there are only 3 rides that have single rider

Comment

Working...
      X